If we go down...

Guest Brendan_Rice

Guest Brendan_Rice

There are three things that could happen:

1. We come straight back up

Chances are we will get rid of a lot of overpaid dead wood, and it could be the chance for the club to start building replacing this seasons no-shows with passionate players who know what it is to be a team player.

2. We stay in the championship

If we do go down we will loose a lot of money from the premiership and with Ashley less than willing to open the purse strings we could be doomed to the championship.

3. We get relegated again

Don't even want to go there.

I hope Shearer stays on no matter what happens as the man has showed he has more balls by leaving out Owen than a fair number of more experienced managers that have went before him, sure some of his decisions haven't been great but given a summer to bring in his own players and get rid of of the larger salaries I would hope we could go back up. 

I think Shearer would be willing to invest in young players with a few old heads thown in.

Hopefully we stay up though I don't think it is the end of the world if we get relegated.

Keep the faith...

If we go down and Shearer fucks off then we're pretty much fucked and probably won't be returning the the Premiership any time soon.

Shearer leaving would hurt more than the relegation for me, as I pretty much accepted relegation back near the start of the year.

So in summary we might stay in the same league, get promoted or get relegated.  Genius

Just because you already knew this it doesn't mean the rest of us did. Smartarse. :rolleyes:

Guest Brendan_Rice

So in summary we might stay in the same league, get promoted or get relegated.  Genius

I hate it when someone does that :)

don't think we'll drop down again, but I think if we go down we'll be in the fizzy pop's top tier for more than one season.

Its going to be tough anarl.  Teams like Barnsley, Donny Rovers, Peterborough, Blackpool and Bristol City will all be desperate to beat us, and no doubt will try their best to taunt our fans when we go down there.

Guest Kenton Magpie

don't think we'll drop down again, but I think if we go down we'll be in the fizzy pop's top tier for more than one season.

Its going to be tough anarl.  Teams like Barnsley, Donny Rovers, Peterborough, Blackpool and Bristol City will all be desperate to beat us, and no doubt will try their best to taunt our fans when we go down there.

It will be like a cup final for the teams listed and others when Newcastle United roll into town!

It will be like a cup final for the teams listed and others when Newcastle United roll into town!

Yeah it'll be like we're Man U or summat. Can just imagine Shearer having a Fergie style interview followed by random championship manager having a Kegan rant 'I would LOVE IT if we got promoted instead of them!'

Leicester had the same problem in league 1.

Oh, wait....