mp3 to cd?

indi

Will that make them playable on a normal cd player?

Yep. Just create an audio CD from your mp3 files, as opposed to a data or mp3 CD. Your burning software will just decompress the files back to .wav/.cda before it burns them.

Will that make them playable on a normal cd player?

Yep. Just create an audio CD from your mp3 files, as opposed to a data or mp3 CD.

Nice one, cheers.

By the way what do you use to create mp3s from cds?

I've never needed to know before and I'm way too lazy to try and find out for myself. ;)

:lol:

Read the thread people, when referring to WMP I was responding to indigo asking how to rip CDs.

I already told him to use his normal burning software to do mp3 to CD.

dbpoweramp was good software though, when I used it.

Guest Saint Andy

another easy way is to use itunes. it has a built in burner so you just make a playlist then click burn.

works for me....

I think you should convert the mp3 into a .wav file before burning it if you want CD quality sound.

If you rip an mp3 to CD you only get the encoded file and not the full mhz of frequency. If you want to take an mp3 to play somewhere, i think you need to convert it into .aiff or.wav first. You have lost something of the original though due to the initial encoding but the sound quality is far better.

Quite right, burn it to the disc before you encode it then delete the large file. 

You've lost me now. :lol:

Indigo was on about burning a set of downloaded mp3 files to a regular audio CD. To do that you don't need to do any manual converting, as any burning software will do that for you. You certainly can't improve the sound quality.

Anything. Windows Media Player can do it, you just need to set the output to .mp3; the default is .wma.

I've used this before: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FreeRIP.htm

192kbps is my favourite bitrate to rip at.

A few points...

LAME VBR is by far and away the best way to produce .mp3's.

Different software packages perform the .mp3 to .wav conversion to different standards. dbPowerAmp is one of the best if not the best.

While on this topic, probably the best software to extract audio from a CD to .wav file is EAC, you should then use LAME to convert to .mp3

making use of the alt preset commands, or options. I use -b 192 -m s -V 0 -B 320, which I've just used right now to produce this data for

you.

Bit

Rate | Samples

32    |  [  47]                                                             

192  |  [ 697]                                         

224  |  [1087]                           

256  |  [1759]

320  |  [1923]

The output filesize was 4063k, but you can see how many samples the algorithm decided needed to be higher than 192kbps,

it will sound better. The 47 samples at 32k are silence.

The same track extracted using a CBR of 192kbps produced a filesize of 3366k, so there is a trade-off which will be important

if you have a little one. (mp3 player that is ;) ) Using VBR like this produces a sound quality almost the same as that produced

by using the maximum 320kbps CBR, which in this case produces a filesize of 5627k. So you're getting a far superior sound

quality over 192kbps for a larger filesize, but with still a pretty good compression ratio.

This makes a large audible difference in my opinion. I recommend you give it a try.