I'll Sue!

LiquidAK

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2438004.ece

At the centre of the debate, which threatens to turn into a war, is paragraph E20 of the Premier League rules.

It states: “In every league match, each participating club should field a full-strength team.” That sentence is the core of what protects the richest and most successful club football competition in the world from being accused of corruption.

Yes I realise the source isn't the most reliable, but I think it raises an interesting topic. Should Manchester United field a less than stellar team (to put it mildly), would we have the right to sue for compensation? It does seem to directly break that rule, but then teams have always rested players, and it's never led to a case being brought against them (at least not to my knowledge).

Personally I think we should at least try, if we do go down an extra cash would help counter the massive loss of revenue.

I'm looking at this a different way.

A team full of Ronaldo, Rooney etc. with one eye on the final is going to be trying their damned hardest not to get injured. A team with talented kids who have a goal of a place on the bench for the CL final may be a better bet.

Was talking to my dad earlier and he said that during the 1920s, Newcastle played Aston Villa on the final day of the season just a week before both clubs were due to play each other in the FA Cup Final, and both sides fielded reserve sides against each other.

Both sides were fined by the FA. Not sure if it's true or not but just what he was going on about before.

A team full of Ronaldo, Rooney etc. with one eye on the final is going to be trying their damned hardest not to get injured. A team with talented kids who have a goal of a place on the bench for the CL final may be a better bet.

An article in the Mirror today said much the same thing. I did chuckle though when he counted Ji-Sung "guaranteed starter in the final" Park in amongst the kids. What I wouldn't give for a player like him.

An article in the Mirror today said much the same thing. I did chuckle though when he counted Ji-Sung "guaranteed starter in the final" Park in amongst the kids. What I wouldn't give for a player like him.

He'd be hated here.

Another grafter with no end product!

Was talking to my dad earlier and he said that during the 1920s, Newcastle played Aston Villa on the final day of the season just a week before both clubs were due to play each other in the FA Cup Final, and both sides fielded reserve sides against each other.

Both sides were fined by the FA. Not sure if it's true or not but just what he was going on about before.

http://toonstats.homestead.com/files/1920web.htm

1923-24 season.

From http://toonstats.homestead.com/files/1920web.htm

21.04.24      Aston Villa            a              1-6      1-1                                   42    17    10    15    60    54        44

Mutch; Curry, Hunter; MacKenzie, Finlay, Gibson; Aitken, Clark R, Keating, Clark J, Mitchell

G:        Clark J

26.04.24      Aston Villa            n              2-0      0-0                                   FA Cup Final  (at Wembley)

Bradley; Hampson, Hudspeth; Mooney, Spencer, Gibson; Low J, Cowan, Harris, McDonald, Seymour

G:        Harris, Seymour

not spectacular enough for many but he,like fletcher have been invaluable to man utd this season.

I appreciate the information, however I don't really give a fuck about the money aspect of this whole malarky at this current moment in time. I'm just bothered about about staying up.

Us being in the situation we are in is well and truely FUBAR.

21.04.24      Aston Villa            a              1-6      1-1                                   42    17    10    15    60    54        44

Mutch; Curry, Hunter; MacKenzie, Finlay, Gibson; Aitken, Clark R, Keating, Clark J, Mitchell

26.04.24      Aston Villa            n              2-0      0-0                                   FA Cup Final  (at Wembley)

Bradley; Hampson, Hudspeth; Mooney, Spencer, Gibson; Low J, Cowan, Harris, McDonald, Seymour

Bit harsh if Villa won 6-1 and got fined for playing a weak side like. :lol:

Bit harsh if Villa won 6-1 and got fined for playing a weak side like. :lol:

i thought that was sandy mutch in goal and was sure he was nearly always a first choice,but on wiki-ing it turns out he got a ban knee injury "just before the final"....wonder if it was in that game ?

I'd sever all ties I have with this club if we went down and thus tried suing Man Utd over it.

depends.....if we want cash or put back in the prem then i agree with you....however if it is just to get ferguson in the dock to admit,under oath, that he is a hypocrite, then i'm all for it.

Tbf the article said that 6 clubs would be doing it. Tbh I'd be a bit more for it if it was a couple of teams in the league banding together against Manure than if it was just us kicking up a fuss.

Precisely.

Guest Magpiecn

Tbf the article said that 6 clubs would be doing it. Tbh I'd be a bit more for it if it was a couple of teams in the league banding together against Manure than if it was just us kicking up a fuss.

Interesting.

Guest Ebolarama

Threatening to sue if we go down due to Man Utd fielding a weakened side is the most pathetic thing I've heard since, well, Warnock said it with Sheffield Utd.

Why don't we sue every team for beating us throughout the season? Make a killing, tbh.

No club will sue anyone. Calm down.