Blackpool appoint Holloway

Guest toonlass

Good to see him back in the game. Love Holloway, the man is class.

Plymouth fans absolutely hate him.

He's funny, but he's not a man of his word. No morals.

football & morals?  i fail see your point

It's slightly different with this one though. This was the club that he loved, wanted to end his career there, was a west country boy himself and had never been happier. Then a club came along so irresistable he had to walk out on them...Leicester. Who were about 15 places below them in the league, and went down that year.

football & morals?  i fail see your point

It's slightly different with this one though. This was the club that he loved, wanted to end his career there, was a west country boy himself and had never been happier. Then a club came along so irresistable he had to walk out on them...Leicester. Who were about 15 places below them in the league, and went down that year.

He explained about why he left Plymouth though. Something like 14 first-team players were out of contract in the summer, most of which were players he wanted to retain. Quite a few wanted to leave on a Bosman transfer and a few of the ones he wanted to renew, the board stood in his way and wouldn't let him. He said that his project was set to fall to bits in the summer and that was why he jumped ship midseason to go to Leicester.

Hmmm. That was how he explained it some time later, not what he was saying at the time. Then it was "too good an opportunity to turn down". I wouldn't trust a word that came out of his mouth, especially considering that Plymouth are still knocking around in the championship.

Hmmm. That was how he explained it some time later, not what he was saying at the time. Then it was "too good an opportunity to turn down". I wouldn't trust a word that came out of his mouth, especially considering that Plymouth are still knocking around in the championship.

That still stays in keeping with the whole thing about contract renewals though. I agree, he could have meant it in the way you're suggesting, but I imagine he probably would have left the club in the summer if the circumstances with the out of contract players didn't change - he just did it a few months earlier. For him at that current time (assuming what he said about contracts is true) then it really is "too good an opportunity to turn down" because he gets to go to a 'bigger' (note the inverted commas) club job.