Players you miss seeing on the teamsheet

dcmk

Beardsley was finished by the time he left though. Dalglish dropping him towards the end of the season was probably what helped us clinch 2nd that season.

Yeah, but I was pretty young. Probably too old to cry about a footballer being sold, but young nonetheless. Was it '97 he was sold?

Aye it was.

Shearer

Beardsley

Given

Ginola

Lee

Cole

Waddle

Albert

Dabizas

watched him play for larissa against panathanaikos the other day,very nearly scored.

I dunno why anyone would include Dabizas, he was a ******* liability!

Shearer

Beardsley

Given

Ginola

Lee

Cole

Waddle

Albert

Dabizas

watched him play for larissa against panathanaikos the other day,very nearly scored.

no he wasn't. not a top draw player by any stretch but easy premier quality, a leader by inspiration,not a bad ball player and i think he may be our top scoring centre half of all time (or at least in the premiership era)

Shearer

Beardsley

Given

Ginola

Lee

Cole

Waddle

Albert

Dabizas

no he wasn't. not a top draw player by any stretch but easy premier quality, a leader by inspiration,not a bad ball player and i think he may be our top scoring centre half of all time (or at least in the premiership era)

We've had plenty of players who were Premier League quality and better than Dabizas.  Just seems like a weird one to include for me.

Shearer

Beardsley

Given

Ginola

Lee

Cole

Waddle

Albert

Dabizas

We've had plenty of players who were Premier League quality and better than Dabizas.  Just seems like a weird one to include for me.

not right now when we have a bunch who don't appear to give much of a shit. of all the players we've had in the premiership era, he's the one who could always be relied on to give everything. i saw him try to hobble back on and play with his knee cap a coiuple of inches further down that it should be and not pointing the direction it should be.........................also he played alongside o'brien and bramble when we finished 3rd.

Beardsley was finished by the time he left though. Dalglish dropping him towards the end of the season was probably what helped us clinch 2nd that season.

Yeah, but I was pretty young. Probably too old to cry about a footballer being sold, but young nonetheless. Was it '97 he was sold?

Aye it was.

Definitely too old to cry at 11 then.

As for Dabizas, I always liked him even though he was a bit hit and miss. In terms of seeming to care for the club the only one we currently compares is Habib.

Woodgate. He alone, I'm sure, could have sved our season. (If he'd have stayed fit, like).

He's not in the same class anymore. Still a very, very good centre back without a doubt, but not the potentially world class player we had. Must have been that injury he had when he went to madrid.

Agree we'd have been safe by now if we had him though.

Shearer  Ferdinand

Robert  Ginola    Lee        Gillespie

Beresford  Woodgate  Albert   Beye

Given

Srnicek

Beardsley

Asprilla

Batty

Peacock

Watson

Cole

O0

Seeing Nicky Butt as a permanent fixture,i wish we hadn't sold Scott Parker.

I was just in the shitter and had a 1 minute pre-shit thought about this.

Parker looks like a hero compared to Butt sadly

Agreed.

Guest Magpiecn

Shearer

Ferdinand

Beardsley

Lee

Ginola

Most of the players i want to see again are those during Sir Robson's era,as many have mention,Shearer,Given,Speed,Solano,but not really like to see  Bellamy