Who can be our hero (baby)?

Rich

If it comes down to somebody scoring the goal to keep us up:

Firstly, who would you like it to be?

Secondly, who would you expect it to be?

(Inspired by the "goal hero" poll on NUFC.co.uk - hence the lack of a poll here.)

Honestly, I don't care who scores, but yesterday I was day dreaming and had the vision of Andy Carroll coming on as a sub in the 87th minute and smashing in a rebound (in stoppage time to win the game for us), sprinting over to our fans who spilled out onto the touchline to celebrate with him! At that time the other two games were finished and Hull had won and sunderland has lost.

And it was a gloriously sunny day, as well.  :coolsmiley:

Honestly, I don't care who scores, but yesterday I was day dreaming and had the vision of Andy Carroll coming on as a sub in the 87th minute and smashing in a rebound (in stoppage time to win the game for us), sprinting over to our fans who spilled out onto the touchline to celebrate with him! At that time the other two games were finished and Hull had won and sunderland has lost.

And it was a gloriously sunny day, as well.  :coolsmiley:

Pity he's out injured. :lol:

Taylor would be nice though.

I'd love it to be someone totally unexpected, just for the shock and disbelief in the commentator's voice.

It'd be fucking immense if it was Harper :lol:, Jonas would be another good choice.

If it happens, I expect it to be Martins or Taylor (from a set piece), possibly Viduka.

And it was a gloriously sunny day, as well.  :coolsmiley:

Pity he's out injured. :lol:

Taylor would be nice though.

I know! Just seen it this morning and was gutted!  :lol:

It would be fucking brilliant if Jonas did it, though!

I'd love Jose Enrique to score it, for some insane reason. Out of the lot of them who'll be playing on Sunday I just feel it would be magical if he was the one to somehow stick the ball in the net. He's had a rough time here and has been a credit to himself in recent times when on the pitch. A goal of that magnitude would be fitting and would write his name into Geordie folklore.

Others that would make it EVEN sweeter (basically I don't care who does it, at the end of the day) would be Jonas, Coloccini or Smith. Jonas deserves it the most out of those three, but what a fairytale it would be for Coloccini and particularly Smith after their performances here so far. If Smith scores it, then I might finally be justified in supporting his signing... would still want shot of him ASAP after that like.

Big Mark Viduka would be another one I'd like to see get it and he'd be the one I'd put my money on as having the bollocks to actually put the ball away when it matters. He's barely had a chance worthy of the name since getting back into the side and so Sunday might just be the day. Aye, Viduka... just to make us feel like we have had some value out of him. For some reason I like him, as well.

I'd love Jose Enrique to score it, for some insane reason. Out of the lot of them who'll be playing on Sunday I just feel it would be magical if he was the one to somehow stick the ball in the net. He's had a rough time here and has been a credit to himself in recent times when on the pitch. A goal of that magnitude would be fitting and would write his name into Geordie folklore.

Others that would make it EVEN sweeter (basically I don't care who does it, at the end of the day) would be Jonas, Coloccini or Smith. Jonas deserves it the most out of those three, but what a fairytale it would be for Coloccini and particularly Smith after their performances here so far. If Smith scores it, then I might finally be justified in supporting his signing... would still want shot of him ASAP after that like.

Big Mark Viduka would be another one I'd like to see get it and he'd be the one I'd put my money on as having the bollocks to actually put the ball away when it matters. He's barely had a chance worthy of the name since getting back into the side and so Sunday might just be the day. Aye, Viduka... just to make us feel like we have had some value out of him. For some reason I like him, as well.

Imagine if it was Smith :lol:. It would rip a hole in time as the ground opened up and swallowed him whole!

Perversely, I should have asked "who would you least like to score it?" (even though I realise how incredibly bent that is, given the circumstances).

I'm fairly sure I know what the overwhelming response would be like...

(Can't be arsed to search for S.S.R.'s modified image of him.)

Guest The Libertine

i dont care who scores it because i dont care about any of the players. it'll be someone like butt or ameobi though, just to buy themselves another year of immunity.

Perversely, I should have asked "who would you least like to score it?" (even though I realise how incredibly bent that is, given the circumstances).

Shola or my namesake?

Enrique (along with Bassong, but that's slightly different) is the only player whose stock has actually risen this year. Nearly everyone else is pretty much hated for one reason or another.

What a fucking shit season. :laugh:

Shola or my namesake?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_f98opUNuVXc/SWR1Z3ikJjI/AAAAAAAAEn8/jCmTcXB61Zo/s400/Shola+Ameobi.jpg