Forster set for Toon deal

BeloEmre

Guest Magpiecn

at least we dont need to worry about goal keepers for the next few years

Until they start playing and its decided they arent good enough.

so they're still bright now

If we go down it's fine having Harper, Krul & Forster, but to stay up we definitely need a better quality first-choice keeper. From having a keeper considered one of the best in the league, we now have one who's probably on par with the likes of Sorensen & Carson.

If we go down it's fine having Harper, Krul & Forster, but to stay up we definitely need a better quality first-choice keeper. From having a keeper considered one of the best in the league, we now have one who's probably on par with the likes of Sorensen & Carson.

I'd say that's about right, although I'd say as good as someone like Tim Howard when he's on top of his game.

Tim Krul is the future, I'm tellin' ya. I was delighted he didn't leave for Feyenoord last summer, and if we go down I want to see this lad given a crack at the whip.

This new deal for Forster could be the end of Krul.

I hope not. But I think the lad is getting fairly frustrated warming the bench, and by the sound of things, he's not prepared to be loaned out again.

Forster's had a months loan to Stockport, while Tim's been to Falkirk for nearly a season. I think Fraser should be shipped out for 6 months/a season in August.

Can't see Harper going anywhere and Forster must be highly rated within the club to get a 5 year deal. Krul looks like he is fighting for 2nd choice again which he wont be happy with.

Can't see Harper going anywhere and Forster must be highly rated within the club to get a 5 year deal. Krul looks like he is fighting for 2nd choice again which he wont be happy with.

Yep.

Two talented keepers.

Who is the better one?

I've never seen Forster play, but I'd have to say Krul- based on what I've heard.

One of them should atleast take the spot from Harper in time to come.