Steven Taylor stays if we are relegated

Guest geordienorway

Guest firetotheworks

There's no way Jonas is staying. Why would he when he didn't even get on today.

Heard he's off to Spurs myself.

Dont say things like that without a source, especially when its fucking spurs.

Anyone else get a horrible feeling Butt will stay as well?

He's like herpes, you never really get rid of it.

Butt seriously needs to look at retirement, he's not up to League One standard let alone the Championship.

Taylor & Jonas staying would be great and would help us build a foundation for promotion.

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone else get a horrible feeling Butt will stay as well?

He's like herpes, you never really get rid of it.

Butt seriously needs to look at retirement, he's not up to League One standard let alone the Championship.

Taylor & Jonas staying would be great and would help us build a foundation for promotion.

Did you watch Have I got News For You last night?

Well for the push next season we need to build a team around Taylor, Guthrie and hopefully Beye and Bassong.

If we can keep those here and add pace and skill in the other departments we might bounce back up

Jonas won't stay. Will be difficult to get in the Argentina squad. As for Taylor, I'd be delighted if he stayed, great attitude and not a bad player at RB.

People may think I'm mental, but I'd have given him an opportunity at Center Forward at some point last year. :idiot2:

Taylor has looked more useful upfront than our strikers several times.

I read he used to play upfront didnt he ? Cant remember where i read it.

He's got a strong header on him, a good leap & a strong lad, decent with his feet to sometimes. Dodgy in defence.

Why not.

Guest toonlass

Taylor has looked more useful upfront than our strikers several times.

I read he used to play upfront didnt he ? Cant remember where i read it.

He's got a strong header on him, a good leap & a strong lad, decent with his feet to sometimes. Dodgy in defence.

Why not.

Probably everywhere cos its mentioned loads.

Taylor, I think he can easily do a job in the championship. Jonas, well I started off thinking he would be immense and was proved wrong. Can run forever and covers every blade of grass but no end result.

Jonas could really, honestly want to stay but it doesn't matter in the end because he just can't at this point in his career. He NEEDS a move to a top flight club to show his worth and make the 2010 World Cup. The fact that Maradona has kept him in the squad for this long shows that he has a legitimate chance of making it into the first team squad for the finals . It would be career suicide to stay here.

If he actually stays I would be more worried about his sanity than feeling respect for his loyalty.

Still a good player though. Shame we never saw his best.

I wouldn't mind Taylor being Captain next season. He is not nearly as bad as some make out but never as good as some of us made him out to be early on. He needs to add a bit of maturity to his game, but I think he still gas the makings of a good player. The long ball tactic of a lot of Championship teams may suit his style of play next season. He seemed to handle the rough and tumble of Drogba as times so if you can handle his strength then surely he can handle Shefi Kuqi?

I wouldn't mind Taylor being Captain next season. He is not nearly as bad as some make out but never as good as some of us made him out to be early on. He needs to add a bit of maturity to his game, but I think he still gas the makings of a good player. The long ball tactic of a lot of Championship teams may suit his style of play next season. He seemed to handle the rough and tumble of Drogba as times so if you can handle his strength then surely he can handle Shefi Kuqi?

If Beye isn't captain next season it'll be criminal, an infinetly better candidate than Taylor

I'd prefer Beye but wouldn't mind Taylor, I just think from Shearers point of view Taylor maybe the better option as he is younger and local and all that. Then again he may opt for Beye's experience.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12010_5357026,00.html

Steven Taylor and Danny Welbeck have been ruled out of this summer's European Under 21 Championship.

Stuart Pearce named both men in his initial 23-man squad earlier this week but will now have to decide on two replacements.

The England boss has to submit his final list to Uefa on Monday ahead of the tournament in Sweden and news of injuries to Taylor and Welbeck will come as a major blow

Newcastle defender Taylor has been playing through the pain barrier with an Achilles problem in recent weeks.

He completed 90 minutes against Aston Villa on the final day of the Premier League season but aggravated the injury and has been unable to recover.

"I have done everything I can to try to get fit but the final scans have shown that I will not be able to play," said Taylor, who had been chosen as Pearce's captain.

Manchester United striker Welbeck is unavailable because of a knee complaint.

Fuck's sake, that's Carroll and Taylor out.

There ends my interest in it.

Hopefully the England U19's and Ranger will get through, otherwise I'll be bored to fuck this summer. Pre-season tourneys just aren't the same.

Guest rinaldo #18

Fuck sake, me buying a ticket to Spain - England just to see Taylor and Carroll and now none of them are going to play. Luckally the tickets only cost 21 swedish kronor (less than two quid) and i'll still get to see for instance Bojan, Mata and Busquets.

He needs the rest, its been tough on him this season, unlike 90% of the squad he really does give a shit were down.

Going to need the lad next season, glad he's stated he's staying, him and Bassong would be a fantastic partnership next season if we can keep a hold of the Frenchman.

He needs the rest, its been tough on him this season, unlike 90% of the squad he really does give a shit were down.

Going to need the lad next season, glad he's stated he's staying, him and Bassong would be a fantastic partnership next season if we can keep a hold of the Frenchman.

As with all of our players, he'll be off like a shot if a mid-table prem team a la Spurs or Wham comes in for him.