We're down. The relegation thread.

Dave

convinced myself it wouldn't ever happen, while knowing inside that we were destined to go down with the way this season has gone..

horrible mix of emotions,

disappointment, anger, frustration, hurt  but still proud to follow Newcastle...somewhere

Where can you watch championship on the internet? I  don't mind paying. Are there services? Not trying to get banned, just asking if championship games are broadcasted.  I think the Fulham game was the last game I'll ever see in my entire life from NUFC.  :sadnod:

for most of my life I've lived in a sports culture where the concept of relegation does not exist. If you have a s*** season you get a high draft pick. Hoorah for being rewarded for failure!

Even when I started supporting Newcastle 5 years ago, relegation never seemed like a realistic possibility, I never, ever thought it would happen to us. Relegation was something that happened to s*** clubs like West Brom or Sunderland, surely never to Newcastle United!

I literally just do not have the emotional capacity to process this. I don't know how to feel.

I'm crying right now and I wish I had somebody around to talk to other than c*** friends who support Man U and who will never, ever understand how this feels.

They don't deserve tears. They didn't break a f***ing sweat.

I'm crying for my club, not for the fucking useless cunts who deserve to be drawn and quartered on the pitch for all to watch.

I have never been so ashamed of a Newcastle team in all my life. We've had bad teams before but they were never this well paid.

It doesn't matter how shit we are, which league we play in, I support the team I was born to support and I'm F****** proud of it

No fight at all. I don't even feel any sadness because it's not like this was a tragedy. This was deserved. We deserve to be relegated. I'm fucking pissed off.

I feel the same.

Guest firetotheworks

It really hasnt sunk in yet. It doesnt hurt, its just somehow despite all the signs, a shock. Once it sinks in Im expecting a meltdown. Im only in love with what this football club is supposed to signify now.

Where can you watch championship on the internet? I  don't mind paying. Are there services? Not trying to get banned, just asking if championship games are broadcasted.  I think the Fulham game was the last game I'll ever see in my entire life from NUFC.  :sadnod:

You'll see the games that are covered on Sky Sports, that's it.

No fight at all. I don't even feel any sadness because it's not like this was a tragedy. This was deserved. We deserve to be relegated. I'm fucking pissed off.

I feel the same.

Same. This club does not deserve it's supporters.

The performance is so bad that I don't feel sorry for the club and the players.  I just feel sorry for the fans.

I feel bad for the locals. The club is apparently one of the biggest parts of the city, and with it falling apart, is has to have an effect on the area. I don't feel shit for the players.

Guest magpies_rawk

I've been following this thread for about 3 seasons now without making much comments, watching you guys bicker over the finest speck of dirt about our football club. I must say, thank you all for the passion and the great entertainment. They have sustained my hope and belief in the football club throughout this miserable season regardless of how shitty the players representing us were. Please keep the faith next season and continue being who you really are deep down (for all our differences) - geordies.

Will be following nufc on every available media available here and am already looking forward to following the club next season (sick as it may sound) with you guys.

I'm more angry than upset, because we deserved to go down the way we've been playing. The same team that got us relegated wouldn't even get us promoted from the Championship if it stayed the same.

Best f***ing thing imo i don't give a s*** if we're in the championship for one year, because next year may have been even f***ing worse because we might have kept half the same team. Honestly getting rid of some of the s*** like Butt and Owen and Duff and Harper is what i've wanted for more than a season. All we have to do now is rebuild the right way and we'll be fine.

What makes you think we'll rebuild? We might be consigned to the lower leagues from now. See Charlton, Norwich, Southampton, Leeds etc etc.

I just don't want to think about us not making it out of that league. We need to make a decison as to who will manage next season and then get in the right players who can handle themselves in the Championship. We also need tro keep the core of the current side as if we loose to many it will be too difficult to build a team.

Guest dazzanufc1892

for the last 4 days, i had fear, worry, trepidation, exactly how we played today. Then, my mum got rushed into hospital, suddenly i didn't, life was put into perspective.

But this still hurts like a fuking great big kick in the cunt. I was sat there today thinking, howard webb, ur a cunt, ashley, ur a twat, kinnear, ur a twat, shepherd, souness, ur cunts. But the fact is, today summed us up, for all the shit off the field, there is more on it. Butt was fannying around like he was scholes again, harper is tryin fancy flicks when fact is, hes bin a superior keepers bitch for 10 years and should have learnt not to do that shit. Martins is a trick pony. Our best players today were the young lads, and thats what we need to focus on, and keep with. Taylor, Edgar, Guthrie, Enrique. All solid performances, and heart felt ones. The fact that kevin nolan, was having a laugh with the villa fans during the game is grating me as well, not pure focus, just a good joke.

hurt, upset, emotionally destroyed. Time to ring the local indian, order too much food, get far too much vodka on the go, and pray to mr ashleys sudden departure and alan shearer penning a contract.

for those who think it'll lead to a clear out.....duff's contract has till 2011, smith's till 2012,barton 2012,geremi 2010,butt 2010,ameobi 2012.

the only way we'll get these off the payroll is to give them free's and still unlikely anyone will take them on at the wages we are paying. we may be stuck with them next sdeason aswell.