New season. New Start

James

Who'll be here, what players should we be looking to sign, and what should our expectations be?

Can we have a season of going to SJP and enjoying supporting this football club, as we have not enjoyed supporting this football club this year.

I just want to enjoy this club and football again.

The useless over paid fucking scum that make up our squad and have crippled our club for seasons will be out the door and we can get some decent players in on cheaper wages. I fully believe some of the best players in the Championship would absolutely love to play for us. We WILL come up next season, we WILL be back and we WILL have the chance to put things right again. It might not seem like it now, but we have a chance of a new, fresh start here.

Guest Magpiecn

Who'll be here, what players should we be looking to sign, and what should our expectations be?

Can we have a season of going to SJP and enjoying supporting this football club, as we have not enjoyed supporting this football club this year.

I just want to enjoy this club and football again.

I love this,and this can cheer me up.

It won't be enjoyable if we don't start the season really quickly  We need the PR machine to go into action and everyone should immediately be bigging up this club and talking about how big it actually is, trying to keep some of our better players on for just the one season that it will take us to come back up

All depends on Shearer is staying as manger...

No it doesnt, it depends on a proper manager being here, not Kinnear again or some other stop gap. Shearer or a decent manager and id be happy.

I want to keep:

Guthrie

Martins

Enrique

Nolan

Bassong

Harper

R. Taylor

Jonas

Beye

Lovenkrands

Taylor

Xisco

Ranger

Maybe Caroll

We'll be lucky to keep half

Give some of these young lads a chance, especially Ranger and LuaLua

Guest gggg

All depends on Shearer is staying as manger...

No it doesn't.

Who'll be here: No one on over 20k a week so pretty much all of them.

what should our expectations be: playoffs

Guest firetotheworks

I want to keep:

Guthrie

Martins

Enrique

Nolan

Bassong

Harper

R. Taylor

Jonas

Beye

Lovenkrands

Taylor

Xisco

Ranger

Maybe Caroll

We'll be lucky to keep half

Give some of these young lads a chance, especially Ranger and LuaLua

Ive crossed out who'll probably go.

Tell you what, and I'm absolutely genuinely not joking or in any way taking the piss here, but word has it that MON has told Zat Knight he can leave this summer.

He's prone to the odd lapse, but of our four CBs, he plays the ball around miles better than the other two, and will do somebody a very good job indeed.

Right, now i know am going to get a proper bashing over this thread but here it goes anyway:

As much as it hurt watching the team that i've supported for 12 years now (since i was 8) go down after all these years, one can't ignore the fact that it was coming, since the Souness days the threat of relegation was around us and one fuck up after another turned it into a reality, but even do  this club has sunk as low as it can sink in its premier league history one can't ignore the fact that it might just be the wake call we need.

For starters it will be the end of an era where we paid millions on over-priced players who don't do fuck on the pitch, Duff for example who is being paid insane amounts of money even though he's clearly average, and i really don't need to mention any more names because their all known, it could also be the end of the Ashley regime and hopefully were going to have someone who restores some sense to this place instead of treating a football club like its a business and the only aim is to get profit, also we'll get to see which one of our players are true to their colors ala Juve two seasons ago, the likes of Steven Taylor will prove vital in our bid to come straight back up next season, if more players like him are willing to stay and fight we'll be defintley be back within a season. one more thing is that we have a group of very talented youngsters such as Carroll, Krul, Lua Lua and others coming through and they might just get a the chance to develop next season.

I know relegation is not an easy thing to take and that the reality of it haven' even sunk in yet, but really after watching the club for the last 5 years it was obvious we were going no where, this could be the wake up call this club needs to restore its real image.

Howay the toon!

How many of these now?

This one was the first about next season tbf.

This was posted in another thread which has been merged with yours.

How so, the one which came first comes top. Its the way the forum engine works. Stop trying to cause trouble.

He did post it in another thread, I was about to reply into it before it said it had been moved/deleted/off limits or whatever.

If we don't manage to get it within the first two years, I think we could be down in the CCC for a long time.

That said, I don't know. No-one fucking knows.

Let's get rid of all the deadwood we've got in the squad and bring in players who wants to play for Newcastle and not for their pay check. It's a rare thing in today's world but there's still some people/players out there who's more passionate about their favourite club than their American Express...