Scott Parker

Guest Toon Sarnie

Guest Toon Sarnie

Theres a rumour going round out here in NZ that after the Sheffield match Scotty P had a crack at the fans? Is this true? If it is ,do you think he may be on his way in Jan?

( I dont actaully have anything to back this up with, but it's one of those niggly rumours I would rather someone dispel)

Apparantly (I say apparantly as I didn't see it from my vantage point in the  Gallowgate) some fans were booing when he was in front of the east stand and he "sarcastically" applauded them.

And no, I don't think he will be on his way in January.

Thats shocking mate,shocking. Theres nee need for it at all

What me? Or Parker?

I'd want rid of him just because I don't rate him that highly and if there's not much cash the club needs to prioritise, nowt to do with him spitting his dummy out. I don't really give a toss about that.

For fks sake Glenn should'ht you ask the players about it firts before talking to the pres about it ?

Boss cools down row

Nov 7 2006

By Paul Gilder, The Journal

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder last night moved to defuse a row between two of his senior players and a section of the club's furious fans.

Several supporters have complained to United officials that captain Scott Parker and full-back Stephen Carr shouted and gesticulated towards the crowd during the defeat by Sheffield United.

But having insisted that such a response would have been indicative of his team's passion and frustration, Roeder is hoping there will be no long-term consequences. "If they did do that, it would be through sheer frustration and I'm sure it's something they will not want to happen again, if that is what happened," said Roeder.

"It goes without saying that Scott Parker has done a fantastic job since getting the captaincy. He is a highly-motivated player who hates to lose at anything and Stephen Carr is exactly the same.

"I wasn't aware of it at the time but there was an awful lot of frustration both on and off the pitch."

yeah sellin our best players wen we're in the shit makes sense dont it!!!! makes me laugh how parker has a few moody games and all of a sudden hes shit! i still think he should be played as an out and out defensive midfielder tho!

Guest thenorthumbrian

yeah sellin our best players wen we're in the shit makes sense dont it!!!! makes me laugh how parker has a few moody games and all of a sudden hes shit! i still think he should be played as an out and out defensive midfielder tho!

Parker is nowhere near the player some people make him out to be.

Half of our attacks (remember attacks) break down because of Parkers little piroeutte he does every time he gets the ball.

i think hes best at holding the play up and keepin possesion. maybe not the best at quick counter attacks but i dont recall him losing the ball that often. I refer to before he came back from england duty tho cos hes not been on form since then!

No, not you,Him. Its out of order for a player to disrespect the fans at any time.

Because all of our fans deserve so much respect don't they?  I've wanted to give some of our fans a slap many a time during games, a little sarcastic clap at a bunch of fans showing just how fickle they are is hardly a crime..

No, not you,Him. Its out of order for a player to disrespect the fans at any time.

Because all of our fans deserve so much respect don't they?  I've wanted to give some of our fans a slap many a time during games, a little sarcastic clap at a bunch of fans showing just how fickle they are is hardly a crime..

The clap came after he told them to fk off did it not ?

Because all of our fans deserve so much respect don't they? I've wanted to give some of our fans a slap many a time during games, a little sarcastic clap at a bunch of fans showing just how fickle they are is hardly a crime..

The clap came after he told them to fk off did it not ?

Yes.

Guest kingdawson

Why 8m? Man Utd will pay double that.

Not that I want Parker to go.

no way will man utd be so dumb to fork out 16 million for scott parker. 10 million tops and even thats pushing it.

no way will man utd be so dumb to fork out 16 million for scott parker. 10 million tops and even thats pushing it.

How much was Carrick worth?

Why not they paid 18 mill for Butch Wilkins,er sorry Michael Carrick!

They paid £18m or whatever it was for Carrick and £30m for Veron!

They paid £18m or whatever it was for Carrick and £30m for Veron!

The state of the transfer market was very different when they paid £30m for Veron, plus Veron looked a top class player in a strong league so it's a bit different.

Let's hope we can rip someone off for Parker, just like we ripped off Spurs over Jenas and Real Madrid over the crocked Woodgate. Well done, Fred.