"Newcastle. United. Shall Never be Defeated"

Stu

Utter legends each and every one of the three thousand in the Doug Ellis stand today.

Shoddy stadium, shoddy stewarding, shoddy team.

Superb supporters.

Keep on keepin' on next season when we go to Coventry and Scunthorpe.

EDIT: "Alan Shearer's Black & White Army" - sung throughout half-time loudly and proudly. The Villa fans were in admiration.

Guest dazzanufc1892

can say what we want, but im still of the opinion its the "die hards" who sent death threats to ashley and his family that are to blame for today. Not to mention the pissed up 14yr olds david craig stirred up.

What did Crumpy's banner say?

Didn't see one. Saw a couple in the Villa end "Sob on the Tyne" (witty!) and some drivel about Ant & Dec on a bed sheet.

can say what we want, but im still of the opinion its the "die hards" who sent death threats to ashley and his family that are to blame for today. Not to mention the pissed up 14yr olds david craig stirred up.

They must share some of the blame, I agree, but Ashley should have been tough enough to stick to his guns despite the protests.

Guest dazzanufc1892

i disagree, if somebody hassled me and my family like that, id think fuck it, sell up. He tried, nobody bid close to enough, and no manager would come in not knowing who would take over and in that climate. Ashleys later decisions were terrible, but that one i still feel is justified, we are our own worst enemy.

Fuck off protesting, accept keegan is a weak man and move on. Things could hav continued ok then.

i disagree, if somebody hassled me and my family like that, id think fuck it, sell up. He tried, nobody bid close to enough, and no manager would come in not knowing who would take over and in that climate. Ashleys later decisions were terrible, but that one i still feel is justified, we are our own worst enemy.

Fuck off protesting, accept keegan is a weak man and move on. Things could hav continued ok then.

I know what you mean, but public reaction is fickle, especially in football... if you have a strong vision you can ride it out in the belief that the fans will see you were right in the end.

I do think our fans are our biggest strength and weakness though, we do turn on our own players/club too easily sometimes.

On the other hand, we've had plenty to get pissed off about recently!

Who sent death threats to Ashley's family, cretin?

The fans are blameless in this. Stop spouting your lazy, ill informed rubbish and wake up and smell the coffee. On average almost 50k turned up week in, week out to support a team ran by a man and his pals in the midst of an awful midlife crisis and made up by bunch of players who simply don't give a shite.

Managers didn't come to Newcastle because of what Ashley did, not because of the fans. That meant we ended up with a compulsive liar running the gaff whose tactical knowledge could've been written on the back of a packet of fags.

To be fair, he did say at the time he was 'advised he would be assaulted' and it was unsafe to attend games.

Whether or not their were actually death threats, dazza's point is the same.

Guest dazzanufc1892

Thats the reason ashley decided to sell up, he said it himself

Nobody did - Ashley was trying to get sympathy and some mongs fell for it

The main man to blame for us getting relegated is ASHLEY - his decision to back Wise was crap, his decision to appoint Kinnear was crap, his decision to stick with Kinnear was crap, his decision to make a profit in the transfer window was crap etc etc - fat useless b******

Death Threats??? The ones that when the Chief Constable of Northumbria was asked about, he knew nothing about! It was another convenient lie from Ashley.

Thats the reason ashley decided to sell up, he said it himself

:lol:

He's said a lot of things himself, such as "Wise is only here to buy half a dozen under-19s a season and not to go behind Keegan's back", followed by "It is a fact Kevin Keegan was never buying the players and he knew it."

Get to fuck sonna.

Lads - this isn't a thread about Ashley, there's enough of them floating about. Leave this for crowd-related comments about today's game, it's the least those supporters deserve.

Guest prestonj1989

Just got back from the game. I have to say the noise in the away section was absolutely immense from start to finish. It never stopped even through half time and then after the game aswell. I stayed about 20 mins after the whistle and we were still going strong. Didnt see many tears about either. I saw there was a banner hanging down the front of the upper tier in our section but couldnt read it. Does anyone know what it said?

Nobody did - Ashley was trying to get sympathy and some mongs fell for it

The main man to blame for us getting relegated is ASHLEY - his decision to back Wise was crap, his decision to appoint Kinnear was crap, his decision to stick with Kinnear was crap, his decision to make a profit in the transfer window was crap etc etc - fat useless b******

this is what was said after the match -

Meanwhile, Northumbria Police have confirmed they issued no formal warnings to Ashley to stay away from the Hull game last weekend which was at the centre of fierce protests by fans against his regime.

"We gave no formal advice to Mr Ashley about not attending Saturday's game," a spokesman said. "It is not our place to do so."

nice to see you over here Ahmed.  O0

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8066329.stm

"Tears on the Tyne"?!

One fat b****** crying about dropping his chips at half-time, shocking journalism.

yeah was annoying to see that sky just recycled clips of that one fan blaring his eyes out.

at the end they panned the crowd for 2 or 3 mins, mustve captured hundreds on screen and i only saw one fan crying. later on they had some montage that made it look like lourdes on a rainy afternoon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8066329.stm

"Tears on the Tyne"?!

One fat b****** crying about dropping his chips at half-time, shocking journalism.

I must say, thats very, very poor journalism. Very poor.

There was one fan crying who was repeatedly shown, and, at the end of the video, it showed the fans clapping and chanting "Shearer, Shearer!".

FFS!

Guest ovesbar

Just got back from the game. I have to say the noise in the away section was absolutely immense from start to finish. It never stopped even through half time and then after the game aswell. I stayed about 20 mins after the whistle and we were still going strong. Didnt see many tears about either. I saw there was a banner hanging down the front of the upper tier in our section but couldnt read it. Does anyone know what it said?

Its here:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_5346555,00.html

I was there and didn't see a single person crying, only one lad close to it who I gave a pat.  Cameras must have searched for them good.

Rarely have I been as proud to be a Newcastle fan as at the end of the match today.  I feared violence or tears but the response was full of integrity.  I stayed back with many others for at least 20 mins until I was hoarse.  We gave the players as much as we could, from the second they came to warm up the stadium was filled with noise, throughout much of half time.  Howay the lads.