Have you been following The Championship?

AyeDubbleYoo

Started at Sheffield Uni in September and one of my best mates is a local Sheff Utd season ticket holder. Went to Southampton, Wolves, Sheff wed, Birmingham and Burnley and I have to say that the quality of football was generally appalling. It really confused me how Sheff Utd made it into the play offs let alone nearly make second. Wolves were excellent at Bramall lane and Burnley were decent  but apart from that teams seemed to lack creativity and the best player on the park always seemed to be sturdy centre backs e.g Kilgallon, Morgan, Clarke Carlisle.

Sheffield United were a very efficient side this season, players like Doris are proven in this division and they seemed to have a massive young hungry squad. I thought they played well when I saw them, whereas I though Wolves were a shocking side who seemed to do well only because they had one creative outlet and a striker who could score.

Started at Sheffield Uni in September and one of my best mates is a local Sheff Utd season ticket holder. Went to Southampton, Wolves, Sheff wed, Birmingham and Burnley and I have to say that the quality of football was generally appalling. It really confused me how Sheff Utd made it into the play offs let alone nearly make second. Wolves were excellent at Bramall lane and Burnley were decent  but apart from that teams seemed to lack creativity and the best player on the park always seemed to be sturdy centre backs e.g Kilgallon, Morgan, Clarke Carlisle.

Sheffield United were a very efficient side this season, players like Doris are proven in this division and they seemed to have a massive young hungry squad. I thought they played well when I saw them, whereas I though Wolves were a shocking side who seemed to do well only because they had one creative outlet and a striker who could score.

A creative outlet AND a striker who can score?

Fucking hell it's going to be a long 12 months

Honest to god, give me a completely average team (by Championship strikers), substitute a midfielder and a striker for players of a high Championship standard (a player with a touch of class and creativity, a striker who can score and score given service), add to that a supportive fanbase, all you need is confidence and a bit of luck to put together a run that'll get you promoted. The problem with relegated clubs is, the second things go wrong it all falls to pieces as the confidence is destroyed and the fans become disgruntled (look at use two seasons ago, 12 points clear at one stage, just finished 6th).

All you need is one or two high standard Championship players, a relatively decent squad and shitloads of confidence. But you can only maintain the confidence with a stable club structure and a wholly supportive fanbase no matter what happens.