Can we expect Ashley to find a buyer now?

Tsunami

and will he be looking for one? We may well find ourselves between a rock and a hard place. We have an opportunity to clear the decks and get the club on a proper footing with sensible wages but we also have a tight fisted owner who is struggling in the recession and will not want to spend big in the Championship. He'd sell if he could but would have to take a huge loss and potential buyers may not have the money we will need.

I see positives in this dark hour but it is all dependent on what Ashley does next. The up coming weeks and pre-season will be huge for us. If Ashley stays we must get behind him. I detest the man with a passion but the club comes first.

Guest Phil K

Shepherd and co at less than half he'd have got if they'd stayed up

Its still a potential goldmine.

Ashley is a cunt - he doesnt give a fuck about this club and there is no way he is going to invest any more money into the club

He made no effort to keep us in the Premiership (instead choosing to make a profit in the transfer window) so why would he now make an effort get us back

He needs to fix this mess or f*** off sharpish and let someone else do it.

Can't say I'm arsed either way, as long as things are fixed.

:thup:

Exactly, whatever he decides, its imperitive he does it soon.

Can't go into the Championship with the same indecision.

Shepherd has been making noises about buying us, whether that will actually materialise I have my doubts.

Will make him even more keen tbh. One because he will be hurting from it just like we are, and two because the opportunity to come here, invest and make us a good side again is too good to refuse.

He needs to fix this mess or f*** off sharpish and let someone else do it.

Can't say I'm arsed either way, as long as things are fixed.

This.. I want to see him fix the mess, he will need outside investment though and lots of it, then they need to appoint people to run the club that are qualified to do it properly.

Shepherd has been making noises about buying us, whether that will actually materialise I have my doubts.

Will make him even more keen tbh. One because he will be hurting from it just like we are, and two because the opportunity to come here, invest and make us a good side again is too good to refuse.

Well the price will be more attractive now so if he's serious the opportunity is there.

fine if he has the money. if the plan is to borrow too much again in the hope of getting it right than i'd hope for someone else.

I certainly hope so. I'm not sure how Fat Mike will be able to redeem himself from here. Investing a lot of dosh now just doesn't make any sense, as it's an admission of a huge mistake in not doing it when it mattered. If he stays, I can see him preparing financially for life in the lower divisions (i.e. use the parachute payments to dampen the huge wages for the next two seasons (is it?)) and with his choices of personnel we will be down there for a long, long time. Our best hope now is that he sells at a knock down price to a serious investor who will finance a raid for a quick return to the Prem. I have lost all faith in the man himself doing what is right for this club.

To think we were all happy as larry barely two years ago when he took us over. There was so much promise. I was sceptical about his intentions due to a lack of communication, but this is way beyond my wildest fears. It has to be said it is one achievement to buy a club with the potential to be in the top 6 and have it relegated within two seasons (although we were quite close to the drop last season before Keegan was appointed).

I certainly hope so. I'm not sure how Fat Mike will be able to redeem himself from here. Investing a lot of dosh now just doesn't make any sense, as it's an admission of a huge mistake in not doing it when it mattered. If he stays, I can see him preparing financially for life in the lower divisions (i.e. use the parachute payments to dampen the huge wages for the next two seasons (is it?)) and with his choices of personnel we will be down there for a long, long time. Our best hope now is that he sells at a knock down price to a serious investor who will finance a raid for a quick return to the Prem. I have lost all faith in the man himself doing what is right for this club.

To think we were all happy as larry barely two years ago when he took us over. There was so much promise. I was sceptical about his intentions due to a lack of communication, but this is way beyond my wildest fears. It has to be said it is one achievement to buy a club with the potential to be in the top 6 and have it relegated within two seasons (although we were quite close to the drop last season before Keegan was appointed).

Wrong on that one, like.

Guest Stephen927

He'll be trying his damnedest to sell and I hope he finds the right man for this club. As a lot found out, including me, when the Halls and Shepherd sold the club that the grass isn't always greener, although it could be argued Ashley saved this club from financial ruin when he came in.

Certainly the best time for a buyer to come in as the amount ashley was demanding was laughable!

Wait till the deadwood has been cleared then come in and take the club from the jabba and put real investment into the club.

I have no confidence in Ashley or Llambias to even put right what's gone wrong, the club needs stripping top to bottom!

Guest ovesbar

Im sure he wishes that he could fuck right off, but its not that easy is it. He wont give the club away. He would have to find a buyer, something he tried to do from september to december. Nobody would gamble on buying a football club in todays financial climate. Unless they have unlimited access to funding that is.

Ashley will never win the fans back now, the worst has happened. Why doesnt he just accept he has failed and that he has no hope, and just fuck right off.

But there is hope. Tell Shearer that he'll do whatever he wants, keep the best players and get rid of the wasters. He'll lose a lot of money but if we get back into the Premiership, then it'll be worth it.