Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worse than Boumsong!

Guttless, talentless, clueless mop-haired fuckwit! Here's hoping i'll never have to see him polute one of our team shirts again.

He's not a bad player, tbh. Playing for a club that operates like a pub team has probably taken it's toll.

At one point he and Bassong looked our most promising pairing by far. No idea what happened, he just seemed to lose all confidence in himself but also went as weak as piss for some reason. Slow, too.

Refuse to believe there isn't a good player somewhere inside him. I know there is because i've seen it.

But meh, fuck it. It's pointless even debating that now. He was fucking wank.. fucking woeful for the vast majority of the season and probably one of the key culprits (players-wise) for why we're relegated. Center-back is such a crucial position - we as Newcastle fans know that for a fact - and he was worse than shit for the majority of the season. He'll be gone (back to Spain i would have though), and we'll probably never hear about him again, Luque-stylee.

Dave,

It's obvious really.

No direction or leadership within the club. Low on confidence through being exposed all the time. The team is crap. It starts at the front where we offer no threat to speak off, meaning the defenders are constantly up against it.

I've gone through all of this before when we had a weak centre midfield with Dyer in there, making the CB's look poor but it's difficult for them when people get a free run at them time and time again. We offer no attacking threat. The opposition attack us at will. We have no midfield to speak of and no organisation or shape to speak of. I think Beye, Bassong, Coloccini, Enrique is a decent back four, better than we've had in the past, but the rest of the team is shite.

Has always happened to good centre-halves here for the last 4 years or so.  He'll go somewhere else and be an average defender, but we've ruined his chances to ever feature regularly for Argentina or play Champions League football.

Dave,

It's obvious really.

No direction or leadership within the club. Low on confidence through being exposed all the time. The team is crap. It starts at the front where we offer no threat to speak off, meaning the defenders are constantly up against it.

I've gone through all of this before when we had a weak centre midfield with Dyer in there, making the CB's look poor but it's difficult for them when people get a free run at them time and time again. We offer no attacking threat. The opposition attack us at will. We have no midfield to speak of and no organisation or shape to speak of. I think Beye, Bassong, Coloccini, Enrique is a decent back four, better than we've had in the past, but the rest of the team is shite.

:thup:

At one point he and Bassong looked our most promising pairing by far. No idea what happened, he just seemed to lose all confidence in himself but also went as weak as piss for some reason. Slow, too.

I think that's true for the majority of the squad, tbh. Some are more affected than others, but it's pretty obvious that people who come from foreign countries and are trying to adjust will suffer more than someone who's been here for some time.

I've got to say I feel for him. He was thrown into the deep end, and although he looked bright at the start, he has not turned out to be what our backline has needed for several years now - some leadership, determination and class. I'm sure he'll end up going to a decent club and play good football again, this club has just not been a good match for him is all.

Dave,

It's obvious really.

Agree with all of that. Pity that back four is now almost certainly going to be decimated and is yet again bearing the brunt of the blame from the media and many fans.

Dave,

It's obvious really.

All very true. Having a capable midfield infront of him would have relieved the defense a wee bit, no doubt... and probably would have given the guy a bit of respite when he was low on confidence.

That said, some of the fundamental errors he made throughout the season were just a joke. What got me, every single time, was him charging out to meet the ball too soon... getting turned... and thus being a good yard or so behind the on-rushing attacker - in the space of a second. He got utterly pwned by some seriously average players by doing that this season, simply because they had a bit of pace. The likes of Henri Camara, Ishmael Miller, Ricardo Fuller spring to mind.

Worse than Boumsong!

Guttless, talentless, clueless mop-haired fuckwit! Here's hoping i'll never have to see him polute one of our team shirts again.

He's not a bad player, tbh. Playing for a club that operates like a pub team has probably taken it's toll.

He's fucking gash!  We're a shower of shite, no doubt, but other players have stepped up and shown their worth. Collicini has got worse as the season went on, shown absolutely no desire, no heart, no passion, no pride and no willingness to fight for the cause.

I think Beye, Bassong, Coloccini, Enrique is a decent back four, better than we've had in the past, but the rest of the team is shite.

If we had a midfield that could protect them at least a little, that would be an amazing back four.

I looked forward to him coming here at the beginning of the season and defended him a few months back as I was willing to give him time but when the going got really tough, he has proved himself to be a gutless, talentless, weak, worthless excuse for a defender. Good riddance to him.

Dave,

It's obvious really.

I've gone through all of this before when we had a weak centre midfield with Dyer in there, making the CB's look poor but it's difficult for them when people get a free run at them time and time again. We offer no attacking threat. The opposition attack us at will. We have no midfield to speak of and no organisation or shape to speak of. I think Beye, Bassong, Coloccini, Enrique is a decent back four, better than we've had in the past, but the rest of the team is s****.

Well said. Though I've no doubt our whole team will be shit next season (even by Championship standards) as the cost cutting continues.

Too slow for the English game, that's all

He's not slow though, right at the start of the game he went head to head with Agbonlewhore and matched him stride for stride and he's no slouch.

Guest firetotheworks

He has the strange mixture of being very good with the ball, decent at stopping players out skill him, being shit in the air, and being turned easily. Monumentally better than Boumsong, not that thats a compliment though.

at some point, he just realized that this club had no future and quite simply stopped giving a f*** because he knew he wouldn't be sticking around for the long term. As people have said, there is a good player in there somewhere. He just needed to adapt to the English game and that wasn't going to happen while he was counting down the days till he returned to the land of calamari sandwiches.

Should have a fine, long career back in Spain. f***ing asshole.

Twice the player Boumsong is but still not convinced he's strong enough for the Premiership. Mind you, if he had three other defenders that were, playing alongside him ........

at some point, he just realized that this club had no future and quite simply stopped giving a fuck because he knew he wouldn't be sticking around for the long term. As people have said, there is a good player in there somewhere. He just needed to adopt to the English game and that wasn't going to happen while he was counting down the days till he returned to the land of calamari sandwiches.

Should have a fine, long career back in Spain. Fucking asshole.

I looked forward to him coming here at the beginning of the season and defended him a few months back as I was willing to give him time but when the going got really tough, he has proved himself to be a gutless, talentless, weak, worthless excuse for a defender. Good riddance to him.

Name a player at this club that didn't.  I find it ludicrous that we're singling out specific players and blaming them for this.  I know that Colo's errors have been particularly visible because he plays in the center of defense and Butt was especially out of his depth but none of our players were up for the fight week-in week-out, especially when they needed to be, down the stretch.