Shearer says talks with Cardiff were "unsucessful" - Sky News

Decky

No way is Xisco on 50 k a week  ;D

You serious?

Don't tell me your surprised at the endless stupidity that swamps our club!  :no:

That wouldn't be stupidity though, it would suggest that someone inside the club is making a cut on the deal.

Or that he was a signing made out of pure desperation (a last resort) and as such was able to bend us over the table during negotiations...

No way is Xisco on 50 k a week  ;D

You serious?

Don't tell me your surprised at the endless stupidity that swamps our club!  :no:

That wouldn't be stupidity though, it would suggest that someone inside the club is making a cut on the deal.

Or that he was a signing made out of pure desperation (a last resort) and as such was able to bend us over the table during negotiations...

Xisco was a non-entity at that time. How the hell would he be able to demand anything without someone from our corner pushing his case for him?

Guest nwgeordie

Just watched Shearer's post match interview on Sky Sports News. What a class act!

If Ashley doesn't offer him the job for next year and beyond he is a bigger fool than I thought he was.

OregonGeordie

“There are too many people here who don't give a f***,” one said. “Too many wasters, too many chancers. There needs to be a clearout, from top to bottom.”

Bet it was Viduka.

Not a huge fan of Carver but he is well respected by people I do respect and he does love the club. Rob Lee would be good for kicks, god only knows if he would be any good, same goes for Bob Dowie, he was DOF at Palace for a few years but whether he is actually any good is another matter.

Hope we manage to keep the Money in the Academy, looks like he is one of the few people actually doing their job.

“There are too many people here who don't give a f***,” Fabricio said. “Too many wasters, too many chancers. There needs to be a clearout, from top to bottom.”

Fabricio Coloccini, 25/5/09

fwiw, i reckon butt will do ok in the championship.

Why? I don't think he has the talent to compensate for his lack of technique.  If our CM next season is Butt-Nolan I'd be very worried.

Why? I don't think he has the talent to compensate for his lack of technique.  If our CM next season is Butt-Nolan I'd be very worried.

he's got the talent and technique...hasn't got the legs or the players round him to make up for it.

We need to take this opportunity to move on and fuck the likes of Nicky 'he'd do a decent job' Butt out of the team for good. Alright keep him in the squad if we really have to but he's old and shit. Not what we need at all.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/05/26/alan-shearer-to-sign-four-year-deal-to-bring-newcastle-back-to-the-premier-league-115875-21388723/

Alan Shearer to be offered four-year deal to bring Newcastle back to the Premier League

Exclusive by Simon Bird 26/05/2009

Alan Shearer will be offered a four-year contract to rescue Newcastle from their relegation disaster.

And as he prepares for talks with owner Mike Ashley today, Shearer warned his flops there will be "big changes next season", and not all of them would survive the inevitable summer cull.

Shearer wants control of all recruitment and a budget between £10m to £15m to rebuild the squad.

He said: "The problem this club has got is that we are lagging behind. The sooner decisions are made the better for everyone."

Shearer has ordered his players to report back for training earlier than usual, on July 1, and back room staff including Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood are likely to move on.

We need to take this opportunity to move on and fuck the likes of Nicky 'he'd do a decent job' Butt out of the team for good. Alright keep him in the squad if we really have to but he's old and shit. Not what we need at all.

agree with you but i think shearers old school dave, he'll not ship everyone we know to be totally shit and replace them with relative unknowns

we have to hope he chooses the right ones to ship where and when he has the choice

he's got the talent and technique...hasn't got the legs or the players round him to make up for it.

Sorry, my comment was meant to read 'he hasn't got the talent/technique to make up for his lack of fitness/mobility/speed.

Sorry, my comment was meant to read 'he hasn't got the talent/technique to make up for his lack of fitness/mobility/speed.

:thup:

it would be interesting to see him in the championship with a team of movement around him. on those wages and with those questionmarks i'd rather not take the risk though.

We need to take this opportunity to move on and f*** the likes of Nicky 'he'd do a decent job' Butt out of the team for good. Alright keep him in the squad if we really have to but he's old and s***. Not what we need at all.

Completely agree

:thup:

it would be interesting to see him in the championship with a team of movement around him. on those wages and with those questionmarks i'd rather not take the risk though.

As a Scunthorpe United fan I'd personally be very happy for Newcastle to hang onto Butt. McCann and Togwell would run rings around him.

As a Newcastle fan though, I'd be livid if he stayed and played.

• 1 year later...

This man is a true legend.

Someone who knew what it meant to wear the #9 for the club he loves.  Could have played for any club in the world but always stayed with us.

Compare him to Carroll the cunt who jumped ship at the first opppurtunity to a completely mediocre Liverpool team just for a few extra notes.

You'll never be fit to lace wor Al's boots you judas prick.

Shearer.  :smitten:

Respect means that you turn a blind eye to his 'punditry'?  Oh dear.

And yeah, I think I was being a little too kind describing him as 'unproven'.

Judging a pundit will always be subjective.

So defensive.  Love it.