For what its worth

Guest guyb

Guest guyb

shite for us both to be down whilst S***** stay up but ultimately it might be for the best - for both of us.

Will give us both the chance to restructure, kick out the overpaid shite whilst out of the limelight and reconnect the clubs with their supporters.  We've both been here before (at the same time in 89/90 I recall) and will probably be again.   

Speaking as an outsider but a north easterner (although a long way away right now - just outside Atlanta, GA) it might be best to go down now and reboot (the in word for starting again) rather than struggle on whilst the media take the piss out of you and stick in the knife.   

I suspect we're six months ahead of you in the defenestration stakes but if it means getting rid of Butt, Smith, Owen, V-Bomber, Shola etc, then it's a small silver lining.

-------------------------------

From a Boro point of view, we deserve to go down fully but it might do us good in the long run, get rid of the high earners, bomb out the mackem coaches, bring on the kids in a less demanding league for a year, keep a spine of Taylor, Wheater, Riggott, McMahon, Digard, Johnson, Emnes, maybe keeping Aliadiere, Pogatetz, even Alves; bring in some championship experience (ala Birmingham with Carsley and Phillips) and rebound, rejuvinated with the crowd united and behind them again - oh and see some wins/goals again.  Southgate I'm split on.  I would personally sack him but a year outside the PL might be the making of him too.  I doubt it but after Strachan took Coventry down, who would have thought he'd be the manager he is today?  Gibson's loyalty is not endless though, especially if we're not in the top six come Guy Fawkes Day...

--------------------------------

The playoffs would be a realistic minimum requirement for us both  next season and rivalry apart,  I'd rather us both be up there than Wigan, Bolton and Hull.

Who is V-Bomber?

Anyway thanks for being sound throughout. Shame we are both shit and going down. You are better equipped imo for the championship. We got far more work to do.

Viduka.

Who is V-Bomber?

Anyway thanks for being sound throughout. Shame we are both s*** and going down. You are better equipped imo for the championship. We got far more work to do.

Viduka.

Never heard that one :)