Talk Spurt- again...

Guest Phil K

Guest Phil K

Listening to Talk Sport whith the obnoxious Evertonian Alan Parry mouthing off against NUFC as usual. Apparently we deserve what we get because we are always obsessed with a "messiah complex"

Oh really ?

This man is a classic example of the old saying - "If he was half as knowledgeable about football as he thinks he is, then he'd be TWICE as knowledgeable than he ACTUALLY is"

Classic quote from the scouse sh*tbag though - "Geordies seem to think thery're the only ones who know about Newcastle United"

Well, you know sweet FA about us Parry.  :tool:

Guest Phil K

Why listen to it?

You have to listen to some radio, chum

Either that or Radio 5 and the pompous Alan Green

Do you live in a shell with no windows then ?

why post about it?

Jesus wept - WHY POST ANYTHING ?

What a stupid comment.

Guest Gemmill

Phil, you're pretty unstable at the best of times.  I'd turn it off before something bad happens.

Guest Phil K

Phil, you're pretty unstable at the best of times.  I'd turn it off before something bad happens.

Here we go again.

I post something said on the radio/telly/papers - discussion time thinks I, abuse is what I get.

Admittedly, its from our own equivalents of Alan Parry, pompous know all pr*cks like Gemmell, but still

Guest Gemmill

Here we go again.

I post something said on the radio/telly/papers - discussion time thinks I, abuse is what I get.

Admittedly, its from our own equivalents of Alan Parry, pompous know all pr*cks like Gemmell, but still

:lol: I'd sign off here too.  Quick!

Guest Phil K

Here we go again.

Good idea.

Don't hurry back

I'm off to work too - shaking my head in disbelief at the mentality of some people.

Meanwhile to some of you - the point of forums like this is to discuss what is being said, or what has been seen on the subject of NUFC, right ?

So why the Gemmell-itis ?

Parry is a sad lonely 55 year old virgin who is only employed out of sympathy,ignore him

Here, Gemmell - is how you and fellow types should have done it if you didn't agree. But no, attack the message carrier. Sums you up actually.

Guest toonlass

To be honest though Phil, why put yourself through it. You know Parry is a knob, you know he will be gloating today, so why bother listening.

Guest Phil K

To be honest though Phil, why put yourself through it. You know Parry is a knob, you know he will be gloating today, so why bother listening.

Yeah, true.

Doesn't help when you get your fellow fans rounding on you for merely mentioning it though.

But then Germmell has always been that way. Perhaps I should pay more attention to his input on these forums - and reply in his own manner to them.

Guest Gemmill

Here we go again.

Good idea.

Don't hurry back

I'm off to work too - shaking my head in disbelief at the mentality of some people.

Meanwhile to some of you - the point of forums like this is to discuss what is being said, or what has been seen on the subject of NUFC, right ?

So why the Gemmell-itis ?

Parry is a sad lonely 55 year old virgin who is only employed out of sympathy,ignore him

Here, Gemmell - is how you and fellow types should have done it if you didn't agree. But no, attack the message carrier. Sums you up actually.

Like I said, unstable.  Going back to edit your posts because you're so wound up.  There's nowt to discuss man - Talk Sport is for morons and Parry is a WUM.  If you can't listen to it without him winding you up, turn it off.  Because if you listen to it expecting anything else from him, you're daft.

Guest Gemmill

Yeah, true.

Doesn't help when you get your fellow fans rounding on you for merely mentioning it though.

But then Germmell has always been that way. Perhaps I should pay more attention to his input on these forums - and reply in his own manner to them.

Cuckoo.

Yeah, true.

Cuckoo.

This place just hasn't been the same without you, tbh. :lol:

Theres going to be a lot of this over next few days especially hold a dignified silence and let their spite wash over you. The crowing about messiah complexes and how we deserve this due to the treatment of Bobby Robson (conveniently forgetting that they where two Gary Lineker Penalty Kicks away from crucifying him themselves) are going to reach a crescendo looking for reactions from us dont give them it.

Talk Sport's business model.

Ill informed gobby presenter (ie Adrian Durham)  makes contentious point.

Even worse informed gobby co-presenter (ie Wright) takes contrary position (NB usually neither presenter nor co-presenter will actually believe the point they are making).

Morons queue up to phone in, frothing at the mouth with indignation.

Talk Sport truly is a moron magnet.

It wasn't long ago that Everton survived by the skin of their teeth on the last day of the season.

edit: ok...maybe it was 10 years ago or so.  :lol:

Wasn't it 93/94 or something like that?

Talk Sport's business model.

Ill informed gobby presenter (ie Adrian Durham)  makes contentious point.

Even worse informed gobby co-presenter (ie Wright) takes contrary position (NB usually neither presenter nor co-presenter will actually believe the point they are making).

Morons queue up to phone in, frothing at the mouth with indignation.

Talk Sport truly is a moron magnet.

I understand all that but it does make me mad when there is so much misinformation broadcast.  It is one thing to offer an opinion but when they state facts that are incorrect, I do get wound up.  A simple example - a few years ago, there was discussion where they were castigating Bobby Robson for buying Dyer.  Someone phoned up and pointed out that it was Gullit who bought him but as that would have ruined the whole argument, it was ignored.  I daresay now that most other fans when asked who bought Dyer would answer Robson.

And again about 1998.

My memory is shot like. The one I remember from 93/94 Graham Stuart scored the goal to keep them up, I think, I think.

Yeah, I was on about the 98 one..... when Mikel Madar scored. :lol: