Say Ashley buggers it up...

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

when he's supposed to talk with Shearer this week.  And by buggering it up I mean say Shearer is happy to stay, if Ashley agrees to do this that and the other, but fails to do so, and Shearer walks away.

Who do you THINK will be offered the job?

I can't see Coppell taking another job so soon after leaving Reading, which out of that choice only leaves Curbishley as a decent candidate.  Can't see Martinez leaving Swansea either, and there's no way Coyle will leave Burnley (most definitely not if they go up this afternoon).

Guest Magpiecn

when he's supposed to talk with Shearer this week.  And by buggering it up I mean say Shearer is happy to stay, if Ashley agrees to do this that and the other, but fails to do so, and Shearer walks away.

Who do you THINK will be offered the job?

I can't see Coppell taking another job so soon after leaving Reading, which out of that choice only leaves Curbishley as a decent candidate.  Can't see Martinez leaving Swansea either, and there's no way Coyle will leave Burnley (most definitely not if they go up this afternoon).

Though I agree with you,I still hope to see Coppell come here.And I also like Dowie stay if Shearer leave,but definitely not Kinnear,who is a nighmare to everyone in the world.

You know people would always say how Shearer was always going to be our manager one day and would be hanging over the head of anyone else appointed until he did?  If he leaves now is that the end of that or will it always be taken as read that he'll be back one day in a permanent capacity?

You know people would always say how Shearer was always going to be our manager one day and would be hanging over the head of anyone else appointed until he did?  If he leaves now is that the end of that or will it always be taken as read that he'll be back one day in a permanent capacity?

As soon as a new owner came in it would be right back imo.

if they had ANY sense they would sign bilic, who is currently looking for a club.

the Bilic that wouldn't go to Premiership Sunderland? Aye, he'll jump at the chance....

Guest Phil K

Just horrified at the mess being created.

Yet it's the fans being attacked by the southern/Manchester rags, notice.

I suppose it takes attention away from their teams (Man U)'s defeat by Barca......

Steve Bruce

I have a strange feeling you're right.

Kinnear will be back if Shearer opts out. I'm sure of it.

Unfortunately, this is spot on. I would hope we would go for Martinez but the liklihood is that JFK will be plotting our course for championship survival.