Championship Players

Dan Gleebals

Clearly we need to ship a whole load of players out, however, who are we going to bring in?

I am sure we have not been scouting in those leagues as such, so we have our work cut out.

Who should we be looking at in the league to sign?

Guest Heneage

He's deemed an FM legend but Joe Mattock really impressed me the few times I've seen him as has Kyle Naughton.

Question is how much will these players cost? (The better ones) I can imagine that most of the better players worth signing could cost quite alot (especially if they're english)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Was just going to start a similar thread:

I think we should go after:

Scotland (Swansea)

Gomez (Seansea)

Beckford (Leeds - i know hes not championship)

Guest guinness_fiend

Jermaine Beckford - he may have bottled the play-offs, but he looks like a decent prospect.

There shouldn't be too many that couldn't do ok in the PL with a bit more experience. If we want to build a club to go up and stay up, we can't sign players we want to replace after a year, especially as we'd be wanting to replace Butt Raylor and Nolan come then.

Question is how much will these players cost? (The better ones) I can imagine that most of the better players worth signing could cost quite alot (especially if they're english)

A few will cost a lot and there are others who probably wouldn't see any sense in joining you.

Guest Heneage

A few will cost a lot and there are others who probably wouldn't see any sense in joining you.

Potential sideways step but I still think we could attract most.

Guest Heneage

I'd look to loan some of top four's players Darren Gibson, Gibbs, Insua, anyone they'll give us.

I'd look to loan some of top four's players Darren Gibson, Gibbs, Insua, anyone they'll give us.

Should buy Gibson outright to be fair, guy is a neat passer of the ball and doesn't have a prayer of cracking the Man U line-up any time in the next decade.

Guest Heneage

------------------Krul

Gibbs----Bassong--Taylor-----Mattock

Jonas----Gibson---Guthrie----Sinclair

-----------Carroll----Chopra.

Something like that.

Should buy Gibson outright to be fair, guy is a neat passer of the ball and doesn't have a prayer of cracking the Man U line-up any time in the next decade.

Alright, Uri.

I doubt that like personally..  Then again I'm not sure I'd be looking to build a team of Championship players.

Shefki Kuqi (Crystal Palace)

No No No No No No and no. He's 33 FFS!

There are plenty of younger, fitter, better equipped strikers who would come here and do a job.

Cox from Swindon, Keogh from Wolves to name but two.

Alright, Uri.

Eh?

He's a decent player but not even near in the same class as Carrick or Anderson, his direct competition. He's also not excessively young or anything, he's actually older than Anderson.

Chris Brunt.

And someone who we know will get around 20 goals a season. Eg Jason Scotland, Sylvain Ebanks Blake...

Honestly, I don't know why any of those three you've named would join you. Brunt is in a side who'll probably find bouncing back easier than you, seeing as they've got a proven Championship side. Ebanks-Blake gets a shot at the Premiership. And Jason Scotland is playing for a really exciting club atm and is their talisman, it's no more than a sideways step. You'll be able to attract more players than any other team, but the star players of teams you're competing with (unless they hit financial difficulties) will probably be slightly out of reach. The clubs won't want to sell them and beyond money I can't see why players would take a sideways step.

Chris Brunt.

And someone who we know will get around 20 goals a season. Eg Jason Scotland, Sylvain Ebanks Blake...

Honestly, I don't know why any of those three you've named would join you. Brunt is in a side who'll probably find bouncing back easier than you, seeing as they've got a proven Championship side. Ebanks-Blake gets a shot at the Premiership. And Jason Scotland is playing for a really exciting club atm and is their talisman, it's no more than a sideways step. You'll be able to attract more players than any other team, but the star players of teams you're competing with (unless they hit financial difficulties) will probably be slightly out of reach. The clubs won't want to sell them and beyond money I can't see why players would take a sideways step.

Sorry mate, but that's nonsense. I'm the first person to say that Newcastle shouldn't have this "bigger than you" attitude, but players like Brunt would jump at the chance of joining.