Our Youth Players Next Season

Skirge

We shouldnt get carried away with playing too many youth players as it wont work. But i would have Kadar,Lualua and Krul in and around the first team. Not Nile , as i think we need proven strikers in the championship.

They'll both be an important part of the squad, I'd imagine.

agree, as part of the squad for sure, see how they do, wouldnt like to go into next season relying on them though

We shouldnt get carried away with playing too many youth players as it wont work. But i would have Kadar,Lualua and Krul in and around the first team. Not Nile , as i think we need proven strikers in the championship.

Have you watched any of our matches lately? If they aren't better than that shower of shite they shouldn't be here tbh.

Carroll could well become an integral part of our team- and why not? The lad's given some of the PL CB's a tough time this season.

And then you have Kadar, Lua Lua and Ranger.....all probably our best prospects at this moment. I feel Kadar could blossom for us if given a run (presuming he recovers well from his leg break).

Guest geordienorway

Really hope Vuckic gets a chance next year. He looks class from what I've seen.

Think it'll be time for Carroll, Kazenga, Kadar, Tozer, Ranger to be brought into next years team or certainly on the edges of it,  whether or not the likes of Inman, Tavernier and Vukcic are still on the young side is another thing, may still be a year for them to break into a team and league as physical as the championship.

Krul

Forster

Carroll

Kadar

Tozer

Ranger

Lua Lua

Baheng

Vukcic

Adjei

Inman

Spear

Might well all feature next year, although it might be a touch early for the tail end of that list. Might well give the likes of Danquah, Donaldson, Godsmark, Morris, Lough and even David Edgar another shot when the majority would have been sold on or released had we stayed up.

Krul

Forster

Carroll

Kadar

Tozer

Ranger

Lua Lua

Baheng

Vukcic

Adjei

Inman

Spear

Might well all feature next year, although it might be a touch early for the tail end of that list. Might well give the likes of Danquah, Donaldson, Godsmark, Morris, Lough and even David Edgar another shot when the majority would have been sold on or released had we stayed up.

we'll need a hell of an injury crisis to see Spear or Adjei feature.  Edgar should be offered a new deal this week before he's snapped up by somone on a free.  Godsmark has already been released.

Our bid to win next seasons FA youth cup could be scuppered by our youth cup side being the first team!!

Actually being serious, our relegation is a disaster for the development of the good youngsters that we have, the likes of Nile, Inman, Vukcic, Tavernier, Spear, Ferguson etc,  no PL means no premier reserve league and no chance to test themselves against the good youth players from the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Man City etc instead going to be up against Hartlepool, Barnsley etc.  Sending them on loan would've been ideal but we won't have a big enough squad to do it.

From .com

Reserve team: As a consequence of our demotion from the Premier League, the reserve side automatically forfeit their place in the Premier Reserve League. It's expected that we'll return to the Central League (aka the Totesport.com League) which ran as three regional leagues last season - Central, East and West.

Academy team: As youth Academies are accredited on their own merits, the league that their parent first team plays in has no bearing on their own status. Our Premier Academy League season sees us routinely face sides such as Barnsley, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County.

Krul

Forster

Carroll

Kadar

Tozer

Ranger

Lua Lua

Baheng

Vukcic

Adjei

Inman

Spear

Is the bulk of the Academy squad really good enough to go straight into the Championship?  Newcastle finished 22 points behind Sunderland in the Academy League who qualified for the Academy League play offs.  Spurs beat Sunderland at the SOL in the play off semi final, then lost to Arsenal at WHL in the final.  As it's reckoned on their forums that only a couple of Arsenal youngsters may go on loan to Championship sides next season, I'd be surprised if more than 1 or 2 Newcastle youngsters got near the first team next season.  There does seem to be a big gulf between the Newcastle and the Sunderland academy teams, let alone the Arsenal one.

I've seen the video of the play off semi final, Sunderland had 3 or 4 who impressed a lot and most seemed as though they would make a decent living from football at one level or another. 

I haven't seen the Newcastle youngsters play so I can't offer a view.  I would agree though that the Academy process isn't all about winning leagues, it's about getting the players to progress to the next level.

Krul

Forster

Carroll

Kadar

Tozer

Ranger

Lua Lua

Baheng

Vukcic

Adjei

Inman

Spear

Is the bulk of the Academy squad really good enough to go straight into the Championship?  Newcastle finished 22 points behind Sunderland in the Academy League who qualified for the Academy League play offs.   Spurs beat Sunderland at the SOL in the play off semi final, then lost to Arsenal at WHL in the final.  As it's reckoned on their forums that only a couple of Arsenal youngsters may go on loan to Championship sides next season, I'd be surprised if more than 1 or 2 Newcastle youngsters got near the first team next season.  There does seem to be a big gulf between the Newcastle and the Sunderland academy teams, let alone the Arsenal one.

The way some people around here wank on about the youth players the dwarf bought in, you'd think Dennis Wise was beating Real Madrid and Man Utd to the next generations of Kaka's and Messi's.