Gordon Strachan leaves Celtic

Robster

I was just elsewhere saying Sunderland probably won't fuck up their next appointment, but Strachan would be a pretty rank one in my opinion. Can't see it.

Guest Mucky01

if he’s joined the mackems I reckon he’s the best manager they’ve had for many years — but that’s not saying much!

Sunderland and Strachan fit like a glove.

He's a c***. He'll fail miserably at Sunderland, if that's where he's headed.

I don't see why he'd fail miserably at all.

Did a decent job at Coventry keeping them up against the odds for a couple of seasons before they ended up going down. He then turned Southampton around and got them to the FA Cup final, now they are in League One.

He's also Celtic's most successful manager since Jock Stein and managed to get what is a relatively shite team on paper into the knockout rounds of the CL. Old Firm fans being impatient mongs and hounding him out shouldn't be counted against him.

He's not one of the greatest managers in the world but he's not half bad either. About the best Sunderland could realistically attract.

Sunderland and Strachan fit like a glove.

He's a c***. He'll fail miserably at Sunderland, if that's where he's headed.

I don't see why he'd fail miserably at all.

Did a decent job at Coventry keeping them up against the odds for a couple of seasons before they ended up going down. He then turned Southampton around and got them to the FA Cup final, now they are in League One.

He's also Celtic's most successful manager since Jock Stein and managed to get what is a relatively shite team on paper into the knockout rounds of the CL. Old Firm fans being impatient mongs and hounding him out shouldn't be counted against him.

He's not one of the greatest managers in the world but he's not half bad either. About the best Sunderland could realistically attract.

Achieved more than O'Neill at Celtic and with a smaller budget. I bet O'Neill is awful too.

Guest saintscoobz

always thought he was a bit of whinging git when he was at coventry, however i also think he's done a canny job at celtic and should definitely be considered if big al decides not to stay on

He strikes me as a totally uninspirational character. I'll be delighted if he gets the job.

My boss at work experience last week was a big Celtic fan and he hates the sight of the man. He said that he'd take that loss to Rangers (and losing the title) if it got rid of Strachan. Apparently he's not in the minority.

He's not a cunt at all, he has fairly lost his wit the past year or so I've noticed though. He has a good footballing philosophy but struggles with signings and team selections imo. If they have a shit load of cash he might do well but otherwise I doubt it. Good football didn't get Tony Mowbray very far I'm afraid.