Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Breaking News: United Rekindle Lov Affair

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United have completed the re-signing of Danish striker Peter Lovenkrands on a three-year deal.

The 29-year-old, a free agent since May, returns to the club having spent the second half of last season at St.James' Park.

In that time Lovenkrands became something of a fans' favourite among the Toon Army as he netted three times from 12 outings.

The former Rangers and Schalke forward will wear the No.11 jersey for the black and whites and is in line to make his debut when the Geordies travel to Cardiff City on September 13.

Such was Lovenkrands' instant popularity on Tyneside that, during his full debut at West Brom in February, fans chanted "Signed on a free from Germany, Peter Lovenkrands" long after the full-time whistle having watched him net during a 3-2 victory.

He was again on target in the 2-1 home defeat against Manchester United before notching during the 3-0 win over Middlesbrough in May

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1784541,00.html

Starts with Peter Lovenkrands, of all people:

Lovenkrands looking for contract

Winger keen to secure top-flight football

By Richard Torgerson

Newcastle's Peter Lovenkrands could leave St James' Park in search of top-flight football, according to the winger's agent.

The Magpies were relegated on the final day of the Premier League season as they lost 1-0 at Aston Villa to bring to an end 16 years in the pinnacle division.

Lovenkrands' six-month deal in the North East is due to expire in June and his agent, Ivan Marko Benes, has confirmed that the Dane is looking to extend his stay in England.

But the 29-year-old is also keen to play in a principal league, claims Benes, meaning Newcastle, who will be playing Championship football in 2009/10, may not be an option.

"We are looking for a new contract for Peter in England," Benes told Bold.dk.

"Most players want to play in the top division, so Peter is no different."

Lovenkrands had hinted earlier in May that he was keen to extend his stay on Tyneside.

Source: SkySports.com

Sadly, he was one I actually thought might want to stick around and be a first-team player for us next season. Think he'd be very lively played up-front in the Championship alongside a target man.

How naive of me.

Guest Mucky01

We haven't even been relegated for a full 24 hours yet man. :nope:

I can guarantee that all the players have been onto their agents by now.

Not saying anyone is surprised, but it's hardly news. His contract was only until the summer and whilst he's been here his agent has probably been speaking to other clubs in case we didn't extend his deal.

I said the other week he's not impressed me anyway.