Championship stats; this is what we'll need

Dave

Just been looking at the stats for the season just gone in the Championship (source) and if we have any ambitions of doing well enough to bounce straight back we'll need something like the following:

Top goalscorers

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake - 25

Ross McCormack - 21

Jason Scotland - 21

Kevin Doyle - 18

Tommy Smith - 17

Most assists

Michael Kightly - 19

Stephen Hunt - 18

Ross Wallace - 14

Robbie Blake - 12

Jimmy Kebe - 11

Clean sheets

Reading - 21

Sheffield Utd -19

QPR - 18

Bristol City - 17

Birmingham - 17

And for the record:

Average attendances

Derby County - 29440

Sheffield Utd - 26023

Norwich City - 24542

Wolves - 24153

Nottm Forest - 22299

Blackpool - 7863

Highest attendance was 33079 at Derby vs Wolves, lowest was 6648 at Blackpool vs Charlton.

Why was the lowest attendance at a derby game?

Because it was Blackpool. I don't know how big Bloomfield Road is, but it's under 10k for sure.

Yeah, but surely a derby against Preston would be one of their season highlights. Why would Doncaster or Bristol City attract more?

Because it was Blackpool. I don't know how big Bloomfield Road is, but it's under 10k for sure.

Yeah, but surely a derby against Preston would be one of their season highlights. Why would Doncaster or Bristol City attract more?

Because Dave's stats are wrong. :lol:

Lowest gate was 6,648 Blackpool v Charlton. Blackpool's highest was 9,643 against... PNE.

Because they're better supported clubs. Blackpool average gate is about 7,000.

And also, Dave's stats are wrong. :lol:

I understand that. But why would Blackpool v Plymouth or Blackpool v Doncaster attract a bigger crowd than Blackpool v Preston. Seems pretty obvious the stats are wrong, you're right.

Guest saintscoobz

Because they're better supported clubs. Blackpool average gate is about 7,000.

And also, Dave's stats are wrong. :lol:

I understand that. But why would Blackpool v Plymouth or Blackpool v Doncaster attract a bigger crowd than Blackpool v Preston. Seems pretty obvious the stats are wrong, you're right.

maybe you should re-read Daves stats

Guest Heneage

We should bust a gut and get Ross McCormack he's scored a lot of goals in average Cardiff side, my mates a Cardiff fan and says he has made a lot of goals for himself.

Guest Magpiecn

Stephen Hunt/Kevin Doyle would be a good start!

Cant see him come here.He had said many times last season that he's a player to play in PL.

We should bust a gut and get Ross McCormack he's scored a lot of goals in average Cardiff side, my mates a Cardiff fan and says he has made a lot of goals for himself.

50% of his goals have been penalties and yes he makes them himself, any defender within 5 paces and he drops like a lead balloon as if he's been shot with an elephant gun.

Have to admit its a problem with Gomez as well, he falls too easy but he doesn't restrict himself to the penalty area.

Guest Magpiecn

Bringing in 2 capable wingers and Kevin Doyle should be a priority

Could you imagine he just kicked two goals after Christmas?

Bringing in 2 capable wingers and Kevin Doyle should be a priority

Quite. Would be nice to see lots of crosses coming in from the wings next season for a change!

Guest Phil K

Amazed at Derby's attendances. Very good.

Sort of makes a laughing stock of Wolves "top club" claims though.

And the Brummois aren't even in there !

Nathan Dyer and Peter Whittingham down the wings.  :thup:

I reckon Whittingham is a similar player to Brunt, not quite as good, but has a sweet left foot. Whereas Dyer is your standard pacey winger, inconsistent at times, but has done really well at Swansea. Paul Anderson from Liverpool is another good one.

We need a goalscorer. No one who will be staying will get anywhere near 25 I don't think.

Jay Simpson from Arsenal on loan or otherwise would be a great start for us. He would score loads in the championship I reckon.

Another option could be Frazier Campbell from Man U as he scored easily in the championship also.

We need a goalscorer. No one who will be staying will get anywhere near 25 I don't think.

Jay Simpson from Arsenal on loan or otherwise would be a great start for us. He would score loads in the championship I reckon.

Another option could be Frazier Campbell from Man U as he scored easily in the championship also.

Why would Campbell drop a level? He's been in the Premiership this season, if anything Hull would love him back. Same with Simpson, a lower Premiership side would take him on loan too.

Just mentioned it elsewhere but I reckon Matt Derbyshire would be worth a punt if he doesn't permanently go to Olympiakos. Big Sam doesn't fancy him by the looks of it and he's got a bit about him. Obviously this is dependant on a premiership club not being interested, but I don't know if he'd be a starter anywhere.

Just mentioned it elsewhere but I reckon Matt Derbyshire would be worth a punt if he doesn't permanently go to Olympiakos. Big Sam doesn't fancy him by the looks of it and he's got a bit about him. Obviously this is dependant on a premiership club not being interested, but I don't know if he'd be a starter anywhere.

Agree. 100%.

Why would Campbell drop a level? He's been in the Premiership this season, if anything Hull would love him back. Same with Simpson, a lower Premiership side would take him on loan too.

I think they are both possibilities for sure.

Campbell might have been in the premiership but he was hardly playing and even Simpson was dropped from the West Brom first team towards the end of the season.

Yes, some lower prem teams might show interest but I don't think it's as definite as you make it out to be.

We shall see I guess.