Pre-season friendlies now all confirmed - see Championship guide sticky

James

Usually, we'd get a few money spinners against the best of Scotland, Spain, Italy and Holland, a couple of games against Championship teams, or if we were feeling ambitious, a marketing tour of US or Asia.

However if the board try to attempt any of that it would be embarassing. I also wanted to play Ipswich for Sir Bob, but with teams in same division and Keane at Ipswich it wouldn't be appropriate.

So what to do?

I'd start out with a friendly against Leeds, go and have that Deportivo game we have to play, and then head out on a tour of Scandinavia.

The Scandinavians have for decades been the backbone of the clubs support abroad, but have long been neglected and ignored in favour of chocolate teapot friendlies in Asia and Majorca. About time the club thanked the Scandinavians for their support by coming to them.

A few other advantages of a couple of weeks in Scandinavia would be that it would give the new squad time away to bond, and keep them away from the bright city/beach lights.

Guest ovesbar

Would love it if they came here. Remember some years ago when Newcastle played Valerenga in the UEFA cup.  7 hour journey by car, and it was totally worth it. I think there were almost as many Newcastle as Valerenga fans at Ullevaal that night.

Would love it if they came here. Remember some years ago when Newcastle played Valerenga in the UEFA cup.  7 hour journey by car, and it was totally worth it. I think there were almost as many Newcastle as Valerenga fans at Ullevaal that night.

I was at that Vålerenga game, great stuff really.

would be even more supporters if you would have a game at Ullevaal now.

I was there too  :smug:

I was at that Vålerenga game, great stuff really.

would be even more supporters if you would have a game at Ullevaal now.

I was there too  :smug:

Me too. remember Klanen (Vålerenga fans) was really goods that day, i still dislike them though ;)

Pretty good at the away tie too if i remember correct.