Pre-season friendlies now all confirmed - see Championship guide sticky

James

Guest deporik

I think it's safe to say that Newcastle won't be playing in the Teresa Herrera tournament in Coruna this summer. The Championship fixtures have scuppered that.

Should come and play the Red Bulls. Then I can watch.  :aww:

Red Bulls are run by dick heads.  Paid for a more expensive seat and asked if I could move to the supporter section.  One steward manger guy took me in 2 Min later another one throws me out.  Took me nearly all the half time break to explain to him how i cant sit there next week unless he wants to pay for my flights back.   :facepalm: Toronto FC all the way now!

Also apprently you cannot take a backpack in the ground even if you let them check it....But you can hide it under a cone in the middle of a car park (Very suspiciously) and that's ok :)

Knowing the current regime, the friendlies will be against Blyth, Whitley Bay, Sunderland Nissan and Gateshead.

Didn't Nissan Sunderland go bust?, because Nissan had to pull out providing money for them. Anyway I think North Shields play in the same league as them, they could easily take their place. Or West Allotment Celtic.

Looks like plan B, Newcastle Reserves and Newcastle Under 18's.

This isn't FM you know. :lol:

Anyway, our "reserve" squad is youth players anyway, and even when we have an 11 strong bench it involves youth players.

Meanwhile, Northern Ireland side Portadown claim they have invited Newcastle across the Irish Sea for a friendly to aid them in their pre-season preparations.

With the Championship fixture list due out tomorrow, United had still not confirmed their pre-season plans, but hope to announce them imminently.

Portadown secretary Jim Emerson said today: “Newcastle have a big following all over Northern Ireland and it would be just great if it happened.

“I believe our manager has been in touch.”

From www.icnewcastle.co.uk

Shamrock Rovers seems a possible. The LOI play games on Friday nights in the main and Shamrock in the next few days are announcing a "festival of football" . That includes a friendly against Real Madrid on the 20th July. Maybe we could play Real at Croke Park as well, as they are there for 12 days apparently, similar to the way Barca have had a training camp in Scotland for the last few year and Hearts played them at Murrayfield.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8102800.stm

Guest GAMMELL

Shamrock Rovers v. Newcastle Unted - 12th July

Confirmed? Or lies?

NO Chance whatsoever.

Have a look at the Date man FFS 12th July is the anniversary of the Battle of the Boyne.

It'll happen, trust me...

Meanwhile, Northern Ireland side Portadown claim they have invited Newcastle across the Irish Sea for a friendly to aid them in their pre-season preparations.

With the Championship fixture list due out tomorrow, United had still not confirmed their pre-season plans, but hope to announce them imminently.

Portadown secretary Jim Emerson said today: “Newcastle have a big following all over Northern Ireland and it would be just great if it happened.

“I believe our manager has been in touch.”

From www.icnewcastle.co.uk

:D