Pre-season friendlies now all confirmed - see Championship guide sticky

James

Living amongst a myriad of Leeds supporters who, for the last few months, have been telling me how much they're going to hammer us during this coming season - i'm quietly pleased with that.

Living amongst a myriad of Leeds supporters who, for the last few months, have been telling me how much they're going to hammer us during this coming season - i'm quietly pleased with that.

You won't be when they beat us.

You won't be when they beat us.

Ha, i can proudly point to the Championship patch on my arm - a la Bellamy v Wolves a few years ago. :smug:

Guest deporik

I notice .cock says the Leeds game is the only home friendly of the summer. So I imagine we're going abroad for a couple too.

Maybe still going to that La Coruna tournament.

Don't think it'll be happening mate. You start the Championship on the 8th and the tournament in La Coruna will probably be on either that weekend or the next. A.Madrid are confirmed for the tournament and they're in England on the first weekend of August, so can't see how you'll be able to play this year.

It will be interesting to see what the deals with Xisco and Colo had linked to them because I know when Bayern signed Makaay from us, they agreed they'd play a Teresa Herrera tournament or pay 500k and had to cough up in the end.

Gutted we didn't decide to go into a tournament, should be pitting ourselves against good sides.

Think our main 2 friendlies thus far are the MLS All-Stars, then River Plate in Canada. Nowt to do with PR. At all.

And no doubt a few against L1/L2 opposition and our annual Preston friendly.

I notice .cock says the Leeds game is the only home friendly of the summer. So I imagine we're going abroad for a couple too.

Maybe still going to that La Coruna tournament.

Don't think it'll be happening mate. You start the Championship on the 8th and the tournament in La Coruna will probably be on either that weekend or the next. A.Madrid are confirmed for the tournament and they're in England on the first weekend of August, so can't see how you'll be able to play this year.

It will be interesting to see what the deals with Xisco and Colo had linked to them because I know when Bayern signed Makaay from us, they agreed they'd play a Teresa Herrera tournament or pay 500k and had to cough up in the end.

You've had enough of our fecking money as it is. We want some footballers in return.

he thought of that happening is terrifying it really is, a training camp without a manager, what a fkn disgrace, the players must be wondering if they should fkn bother trning up.

United may go to Ireland camp without manager Jun 19 2009

NEWCASTLE United are facing the prospect of heading over to Ireland for a pre-season training camp without a manager.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/19/united-may-go-to-ireland-camp-without-manager-72703-23923410/