Sol Campbell leaves Notts County

Skirge

Guest Stephen927

He'll be on huge wages at Portsmouth, if he's willing to take a MASSIVE cut then he'd be mint in the Championship, but it's not very likely at all.

Worth a 1 year deal for Championship football?

Was going to write about us getting him in about a week ago. Unfortunately as mentioned its wildly ambitious a signing, even at his age I think wages would be a stumbling block and he could easily live the last days of his career in the premiership for more pennies.

He would be the type of experienced CB we need though.

Very disappointed we missed out on him previously when he joined Pompey I guess.

A bit like when Southgate went to Boro we could have used experience at the back. Might be too much and too late now for Sol.

Very disappointed we missed out on him previously when he joined Pompey I guess.

A bit like when Southgate went to Boro we could have used experience at the back. Might be too much and too late now for Sol.

I agree very much on both players.

I'd still take a punt on Campbell. We badly need leadership at the back.

He knows he is near the end of his career and if the best offer he has is from FC Basel then suely he would concider us, he knows he cannot demand wages anymore but I am sure we would pay more than Basel.

A big bonus offer is he plays enough games and helps us straight back up.

Have you not learned anything from this season Skirge?! :lol:

It's players of the ilk of Campbell, (Butt, Geremi, Owen, Viduka) that have got us in this mess.

Beye could have came under that bracket though, its always a bad thing to have experience in the squad.

Have you not learned anything from this season Skirge?! :lol:

It's players of the ilk of Campbell, (Butt, Geremi, Owen, Viduka) that have got us in this mess.

Beye could have came under that bracket though, its always a bad thing to have experience in the squad.

Yes but Beye hasn't had the injury problems that Campbell has had. I agree with Optimistic Nut. No more buying players on their last legs.

Guest westamfan

Sol Campbell?

He usually leaves at half time if he has a bad game...

then he'll get all the fans that boo him arrested and banned from attending another football match ever again...

Guest Heneage

Sol Campbell?

He usually leaves at half time if he has a bad game...

then he'll get all the fans that boo him arrested and banned from attending another football match ever again...

You truly are deluded.

No chance, should have grabbed him in 2006 - Roeder's biggest mistake by some distance

Well that and taking the job to begin with, he was doing a cracking job with the academy iirc.

Yeah, the first-team squad is REALLY reaping the benefits now. :lol: