How much will we make in player sales if the following leave?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest michaelfoster

Obviously quite a few players will probably be leaving during the summer, if the following 8 players left during the summer, how much would you think we would make in sales from all of these players combined, id also be interested to see what people would think the breakdown of these figures are.

Enrique

Coloccini

Bassong

Beye

Jonas

Barton

Martins

Smith

Cacapa - free

Owen -  free

Viduka - free

Lovenkrands - free

Guest michaelfoster

Enrique - £3m

Coloccini - £5m

Bassong - £4m

Beye - £3m

Jonas - £6m

Barton -£2m

Martins - £6m

Smith - £3m

Cacapa - free

Owen -  free

Viduka - free

Lovenkrands - free

TOTAL £32m

~

Enrique - £3m

Coloccini - £5m

Bassong - £4m

Beye - £4m

Jonas - £6m

Barton -£2m

Martins - £6m

Smith - £3m

Cacapa - free

Owen -  free

Viduka - free

Lovenkrands - free

TOTAL £33m

:thup:

Might be able to squeeze a bit more out of someone for Martins though. Probably not double figures, but he'll be our most valuable player i'd have thought.

Enrique - £3m

Coloccini - £5m

Bassong - £7m

Beye - £1m

Jonas - £5m

Barton - £1m

Martins - £5m

Smith - £1m

Around £28m, might manage a little more but it would depend if we wanted quick sale or were willing to wait.  It would trim at least £18m from the wage bill, even before taking Cacapa, Owen, Viduka, Lovenkrands & Geremi into the equation who are earning at least £15m between them

Guest northwestmag1892

Hang on there is a global recession and little seems to have considered around that. Hence my 10-20M mark for the lot. Fantastic if you are right as I will be over the moon if I am wrong.

Enrique - £4m

Coloccini - £6m

Bassong - £6m

Beye - £1m

Jonas - £4m

Barton - £3m

Martins - £7m

Smith - £2m

I make that £33m that we SHOULD get.

In reality we'll probably sell them for half that

If there's owt this lot are good at, it's getting fair/good prices for outgoing players. I can see us making quite a bit in the summer tbh.

Think what we could have to spend when we combine the income from this summer, the income from January (£8m), and the income from the Milner sale!!! :smitten:

Loaded. We're gonna have zillions to spend.

Guest northwestmag1892

If there's owt this lot are good at, it's getting fair/good prices for outgoing players. I can see us making quite a bit in the summer tbh.

Think what we could have to spend when we combine the income from this summer, the income from January (£8m), and the income from the Milner sale!!! :smitten:

Aye I'm not sure why I am concerned. Our policy is sheer genius.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

I detect sarcasm. :pow:

In fairness, it's true though. How they managed to get more than £6m for N'Zogbia, for example, was insane really.

How they managed to spend that £6M on Nolan and Taylor is equally insane.

I'd agree with you but then I think of the Given fiasco. He should have went for 3 times the amount he did.

I detect sarcasm. :pow:

In fairness, it's true though. How they managed to get more than £6m for N'Zogbia, for example, was insane really.

How they managed to spend that £6M on Nolan and Taylor is equally insane.

Undeniably.

Ah yes the income from the Milner sale. Are you sure that money actually still exists?

Do you recon someone stole is like? :lol:  Of course it still exists.

But it isn't really to spend.

We spent just as much as we brought in this season, which is the way things had to operate.

I hope no-one is expecting the money we bring in from player sales next season will be going back out again, it simply wont be the case.

Guest KeithKettleborough

I think we wont get what we would expect for the players due to financial climate but also because buying clubs will know we are desperate to reduce the wage bill.

Enrique - £3m, has got better, some pace, strong, hope he stays

Coloccini - £4m, shown to be slow, poor in the air and in need of a hair band

Bassong - £3m, uncapped, raw, tendency to be sent off, another child of Arsene maybe

Beye - £1m, getting on a bit, been injured a bit, hopefully stays as a central defender so he has less running to do

Jonas - £3m, headless chicken, unused spiderman mask( though good excuse as heedless ;)), final ball lacking,

Barton - £1m, liability, injury prone, prone to injuring others, Sam or stays maybe if Al isnt here,

Martins - £5m, loose cannon, poor record past season,

Smith - £1.5m probably championship player at the most now, maybe would stay on his wages and do a little better

Ah yes the income from the Milner sale. Are you sure that money actually still exists?

We spent just as much as we brought in this season, which is the way things had to operate.

I hope no-one is expecting the money we bring in from player sales next season will be going back out again, it simply wont be the case.

We didn't spend as much as we brought in last season and why shouldn't the money from players sold in the following close season be available for transfers?  If I was Shearer I'd be demanding it.  They're looking to save the money lost from not being in the Premiership by cutting the wage bill, so they shouldn't need to make a profit on transfers.

We didn't spend as much as we brought in last season and why shouldn't the money from players sold in the following close season be available for transfers?  If I was Shearer I'd be demanding it.  They're looking to save the money lost from not being in the Premiership by cutting the wage bill, so they shouldn't need to make a profit on transfers.

:lol:

We're already in debt, getting relegated puts us in more debt.

If we make £30m from transfers, we'll get £10m-£15m to spend, which is understandable.

Even if we save £30m a year on wages, we're still £25m a year down from TV revenue etc. Parachute payment of £11m means that's probably £14m down. That has to come from somewhere.

Also add to the fact that our operating income will be significantly less (merchandising/tickets/match day income/sponsorships).

And if you work it out, we pretty much spent as much as we brought in.

Coloccini - £10m

Guthrie - £2.5m

Bassong - £500k

Jonas - £5.2m

Xisco - £5.7m

Kevin Nolan - £4m

= £24.9m

Milner - £12m (of which we got £9m)

Faye - £2.25m

Rozehnal - £2.9m

Emre - £5m

N'Zogbia - £6m

Given - £8m (but we haven't received yet)

= £25.15m (not including Given since we haven't got the money)