How much will we make in player sales if the following leave?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If I were a manager of another club, I wouldn't touch any of our players with a barge pole. Bad vibes can spread through a club. None of them are particularly good players either.

One mans rubbish is another mans treasure.

when rich people throw things out, yes. When a team full of over paid over rated egos get whats coming to them, no.

Someone will have them.

If you can get £25m for those players then I'd consider that good business, given the various circumstances.

For me the question isn't how much though, it's whether you can offload them in the first place.

If you can get £25m for those players then I'd consider that good business, given the various circumstances.

For me the question isn't how much though, it's whether you can offload them in the first place.

I said this earlier. One problem will be trying to keep hold of players who want to leave. A potentially bigger problem will be trying to offload players who don't have any suitors.

Guest Roger Kint

Thats the big question. We all seem to have the same lists who will go, 5 or 6 of them will have no problems leaving in my eyes. Finding someone to take Barton, Geremi and Nolan is going to be a hell of a lot tougher than Jonas, Smith or Martins.

Realistically;

Bassong (£8m)

Enrique (£4m)

Coloccini (£6m)

Jonas (£4m)

Martins (£9m)

Geremi (£1m)

Smith (£4m)

Barton (£2m)

Xisco (£2m)

Plus Owen, Viduka, Lovenkrands and Cacapa on Frees.

That totals to £40 million. I think some are underestimating how inflated the market is, we can easily make that much money.

Who the f*** would pay £4m for smith? And i doubt that we'll get more than 8 for Martins

Somebody is stupid enough. He seems like a Moyes/Allardyce type of player.

I disagree about Martins, he's still very higly rated and considering Darren Bent left a relegated team for £16million, TWO YEARS AGO......£8million for Martins should be a minimum.

Who the f*** would pay £4m for smith? And i doubt that we'll get more than 8 for Martins

Somebody is stupid enough. He seems like a Moyes/Allardyce type of player.

I disagree about Martins, he's still very higly rated and considering Darren Bent left a relegated team for £16million, TWO YEARS AGO......£8million for Martins should be a minimum.

No offense, but it's laughable to think that we could get as much as £4m for Smith. Even if Allardyce wanted him (i doubt that Moyes is interested in him anymore) he wouldn't pay much more than £2m.

As for Martins i think we should hold out for £7-8m and if we get closer to eight i wouldn't have any complains. But much more than that and  i would be over the moon (not saying that it would be impossible) But i doubt that we'll get more than that.

I think we wont get what we would expect for the players due to financial climate but also because buying clubs will know we are desperate to reduce the wage bill.

Enrique - £3m, has got better, some pace, strong, hope he stays

Coloccini - £4m, shown to be slow, poor in the air and in need of a hair band

Bassong - £3m, uncapped, raw, tendency to be sent off, another child of Arsene maybe

Beye - £1m, getting on a bit, been injured a bit, hopefully stays as a central defender so he has less running to do

Jonas - £3m, headless chicken, unused spiderman mask( though good excuse as heedless ;)), final ball lacking,

Barton - £1m, liability, injury prone, prone to injuring others, Sam or stays maybe if Al isnt here,

Martins - £5m, loose cannon, poor record past season,

Smith - £1.5m probably championship player at the most now, maybe would stay on his wages and do a little better

I'd say this isn't far off. Maybe + a couple of million in clauses etc.

I disagree on Bassong. Not because I'm taken in my the love fest that seems to have built up around the lad but more because there is no need for us to sell at that price, he's not one of the ones that is draining our resources in terms of salary, we can afford to hold out for a better price on him. I would say 8million is more realistic, anything significantly less than that, then we should tell them to piss off.

Guest eltsacwen

Tottenham had to pay £16,5m for Darren Bent when Charlton were relegated. Even though all of our players are available doen't mean they are cheap. Decent players like Bassong, Enrique, Jonas and Martins (+Coloccini) will be sold for £4m +. The rest are are not worth more than £1-2m. There must be at least 10+ clubs in Europe that would jump at the chance of getting Martins for £5m. This will drive the price up. The same thing with Bassong. £3mill?! Any club in the top 5 European leagues that are looking for a defender would be more than interested in Bassong if the price was just £3m.

Tottenham had to pay £16,5m for Darren Bent when Charlton were relegated. Even though all of our players are available doen't mean they are cheap. Decent players like Bassong, Enrique, Jonas and Martins (+Coloccini) will be sold for £4m +. The rest are are not worth more than £1-2m. There must be at least 10+ clubs in Europe that would jump at the chance of getting Martins for £5m. This will drive the price up. The same thing with Bassong. £3mill?! Any club in the top 5 European leagues that are looking for a defender would be more than interested in Bassong if the price was just £3m.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bent still manage to have a decent season goal scoring wise even tho Charlton were relegated?

Guest eltsacwen

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bent still manage to have a decent season goal scoring wise even tho Charlton were relegated?

Bent 13 in 32 - 0,406 pr game

Martins 8 in 23 - 0,348 pr game

I don't know how many pens Bent scored. But it must have been a couple. I'm not saying will should get £16,5m for Martins, but more than £5m. Was Bent worth three times as much as Martins is today?

• 2 weeks later...

"Manchester City have an interest in Jonas Gutierrez - boss Mark Hughes watched the Argentina wide-man when he played for Real Mallorca - and City could afford the £7-8m Gutierrez would command."

From Daily Mail. If we manage to get £8m for Jonas then surely we should get about the same for both Colo and Martins.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Enrique - £4m

Coloccini - £5m

Bassong - £8m (under no obligation to sell him and he is on low wages)

Beye - £1m

Jonas - £5m

Barton - £2m

Martins - £7m

Smith - £3m

35mil

With New Owners in charge - club gets 25 - 35 million in + monies owed for Given, Milner and N'Zogbia + all of he savings on wages, Should give a decent pot to bring in some players ready for the Championship and that step up to the Premier within the next year or two.

Fat Cunt still in charge - 25 - 35 million + monies owed for Given, Milner and N'Zogbia, straight into his pocket to 'service his loan'.  Leaves us without a pot to piss in and no squad.

"Manchester City have an interest in Jonas Gutierrez - boss Mark Hughes watched the Argentina wide-man when he played for Real Mallorca - and City could afford the £7-8m Gutierrez would command."

From Daily Mail. If we manage to get £8m for Jonas then surely we should get about the same for both Colo and Martins.

Aye that's City though...

Didn't seem to matter much when we flogged them our best player in January. :hmm:

Didn't seem to matter much when we flogged them our best player in January. :hmm:

I still don't think we would have been relegated if we hadn't sold him.

Don't think it would have made a great deal of difference personally. He was still in goal for the abominations like draws at home to Stoke, Wigan and City... was in goal for the Hull and Blackburn losses at home, etc. Harper's gash but i wouldn't pin our relegation on the likes of him above the majority of our out-fielders.

We might of conceeded one or two less than we did, but we still wouldn't have been able to score in a brothel with £5m strapped to our d***s!

Guest NUFCrichard

We might of conceeded one or two less than we did, but we still wouldn't have been able to score in a brothel with £5m strapped to our d***s!

I've been saying this since the last day of the season. There is no way that Given isn't worth 1 point over Harper, I even have a sneeking suspicion that he would have saved Duffers OG against Villa!