How much will we make in player sales if the following leave?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

I've been saying this since the last day of the season. There is no way that Given isn't worth 1 point over Harper, I even have a sneeking suspicion that he would have saved Duffers OG against Villa!

Honestly? Is this due to Givens incredible record of saving long distance shots? :kasper:

People are going to be very disappointed if they think all the money from sales is going to go back into a transfer kitty. I reckon we'll make about £20m from the current squad and about half of that will go straight into reducing the losses.

Would be just like Ashley to think any prospective buyers won't notice that the squad is being sold off and will need replacing. Will he factor that into the price or will he be a fat turd? You decide.

I've been saying this since the last day of the season. There is no way that Given isn't worth 1 point over Harper, I even have a sneeking suspicion that he would have saved Duffers OG against Villa!

Honestly? Is this due to Givens incredible record of saving long distance shots? :kasper:

The build up to the goal came about through Harper's poor distribution though.

Given was purely positioned for Ryan Taylor's goal against us.  The relegation was down to more than just Harper or Given.

Guest Roger Kint

Exactly how far do you want to go back? :yikes:

<Snip. Please don't post links to football clips on the forum.>

Wolves and Villa want Duff reported £4mill offers  :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb:

I'm taking that with a massive, massive pinch of salt, but if we bought him I'd actually properly kill myself.

Milner and Duff on the wings...might slow down some of your counter attacks somewhat. Don't believe for a second that you're in for him mind.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/oneill-latest-to-chase-duff-1768280.html

O'Neill latest to chase Duff

By Paul Hyland

Wednesday June 10 2009

Martin O'Neill is poised to join the race to end Damien Duff's Toon torture and take the Republic of Ireland winger back out of St James' Park and into into an environment he can flourish in.

Aston Villa boss O'Neill has joined Mick McCarthy and Owen Coyle in the chase to sign Duff.

However, speculation in Dublin over the last few days suggests that the man himself may have a different view about his football future -- one which could see him leave the UK for a European destination.

Duff's time at Newcastle has turned out to be a total disaster and a move to a club where his talents could be put to proper use is vital if he is to maintain his position as a first choice option for Giovanni Trapattoni.

For the first time since he made his Irish debut, Duff is now facing serious pressure from within the squad from both Stephen Hunt and Aiden McGeady.

McCarthy's return to the Premier League seems to offer a perfect marraige of convenience and an ideal club for Duff to relaunch his career.

But with Newcastle and Mike Ashley desperately searching for the highest bid, it will come down to an undignified public auction in the end and Duff might not fancy the club with the biggest war chest.

For that reason, it is thought that Duff is actively looking at the possibility of a move to Spain or Italy, with the latter more likely because of Trapattoni's connections.

Enrique - £5m

Coloccini - £8m

Bassong - £10m

Beye - £2m

Jonas - £7m

Barton - £2m

Martins - £9m

Smith - £2m

£45m

Bit optimistic?-

A fee for Smith? Apparently not.