Savage article in the Times about the club - not for the sensitive

Cronky

I agree with alot said in the article but as many have pointed out. Its more of a Keegan thing than a Shearer thing hopefully.

Id rather see us getting someone like Martinez in but as things are at the moment. Shearer is the only choice really.

i think the general idea is correct but the way he gets his point across is OTT and like most in the press and most outside tyneside he also misjudges the fans. the 'mood' wasn't exactly transformed when shearer was appointed

People fucking suck this shit up as well, just spotted this on another board I post on and I'm afraid I had to bite.

I think Newcastle's supporters have to accept quite a lot of the responsibility for this relegation. From sacking Allardyce, to bringing back Keegan, a coach guaranteed to do nothing but walk out when it all gets a bit much for him, to bringing in Shearer as another doomed Geordie messiah, a lot of the most irresponsible and foolish activities of Newcastle United have been at the behest of their supporters.

There's going to come a point when Newcastle fans realise that the only people left for them to demand their sacking is themselves.

yeah ive responded to a couple of posts like that on other forums. there is a media driven stereotype floating around of what the typical nufc fan is like and it bears little relation to the vast and varied reality.

Guest The Libertine

The plain and simple fact is though, like any other industry, a good manager surrounds himself with people who can do the things you can't. The buck stops with the manager, but it's generally the people who work under him who are just as important and effective. As long as Shearer does this we'll be ok.

Look at people like Brian Kidd, won all the plaudits as SAF's assistant at Manure, but when given the chance to go it alone he failed spectactularly. Put the right people in the important jobs and Shearer will do ok I reckon

thats pretty much why i dont think dowie will be of any major help to shearer/us, possibly other than coaching. how much can you learn about successful management from ian dowie?

Well he got Palace promoted into the Premier League. That'll do.

then relegated the next year and successfully sued by his chairman. he also almost crippled oldham, is majorly responsible for where charlton are now, finished 17th with coventry and got sacked by QPR. some CV.

i think the general idea is correct but the way he gets his point across is OTT and like most in the press and most outside tyneside he also misjudges the fans. the 'mood' wasn't exactly transformed when shearer was appointed

People fucking suck this shit up as well, just spotted this on another board I post on and I'm afraid I had to bite.

I think Newcastle's supporters have to accept quite a lot of the responsibility for this relegation. From sacking Allardyce, to bringing back Keegan, a coach guaranteed to do nothing but walk out when it all gets a bit much for him, to bringing in Shearer as another doomed Geordie messiah, a lot of the most irresponsible and foolish activities of Newcastle United have been at the behest of their supporters.

There's going to come a point when Newcastle fans realise that the only people left for them to demand their sacking is themselves.

yeah ive responded to a couple of posts like that on other forums. there is a media driven stereotype floating around of what the typical nufc fan is like and it bears little relation to the vast and varied reality.

People conflate typical with having a relatively high proportion. The NUFC stereotype is as accurate as that of any other other club's fans.

People f***ing suck this s*** up as well, just spotted this on another board I post on and I'm afraid I had to bite.

People conflate typical with having a relatively high proportion. The NUFC stereotype is as accurate as that of any other other club's fans.

all depends where you get your stereotype from. wether it be from your own experience or the myopic,viewed through the bottom of a glass cheap journalistic type of stereotype.

you bin dipping hub cap thief you.

well if someone is prepared to give me the names, addresses and phone numbers of all the people who conform to this stereotype i'm prepared to believe them. until them it's generalised, stereotyped, media driven, cliched bullshit.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

The i'd like to put Matthew Syed on a stake and kick him in the head several times thread.

Where did you Rob that computer from Wacko.

Sick of the crap about Allardyce.  Granted, he wasn't too popular, but no great amount called for him to be sacked, and i was genuinely surprised and indifferent when he was.  I went to his last game at Stoke, and he was clapped off and waved!

Regardless, if Keegan stayed or Sam was otherwise properly replaced, we wouldn't be in this mess, and Sam would be irrelevant.

all depends where you get your stereotype from. wether it be from your own experience or the myopic,viewed through the bottom of a glass cheap journalistic type of stereotype.

Clicky :(

you'll forgive me for not clicking. i suspect it'll be a rick roll and as soon as you hear the tune you know i'll be stuck for 5 mins giving you time to take the car stereo.

you'll forgive me for not clicking. i suspect it'll be a rick roll and as soon as you hear the tune you know i'll be stuck for 5 mins giving you time to take the car stereo.

You could hover before clicking...

Surely, rickrolling is a banning offense?

I assume that hey couldn't bare it to have a pop at their beloved Man Utd about losing the Champions League final, so looked back at us, It will be Leeds not getting promoted again when they have ran out of things to say in a couple of weeks time.

• 1 month later...

Liddle supports two clubs - the smogs and Charlton. Says it all really. He is an utter prick. We may look f*cking ridiculous right now and its easy to laugh, but the world will turn....

Actually he's a plastic Millwall supporter not Charlton.

You are right - a mistake made whilst pissed - original post now edited  :lol:

Guest Brummiemag

What a twat he is, trotting out the usual shite Ive heard a thousand times before.  This bloke hasnt got a clue but obviously wants to play up the stereotypes about us and make a name for himself in the southern press. He can Fuckoff