Premiership, best league in the world? No..

Mr. Snrub

Tonight can finally put to bed that the EPL is not the best League in the world.

It's a fucking joke that relies on putting 10 man behind the ball' to get past teams with superior players.

It's a 'boring, let's hoof our way to the final and then try and get lucky league'.  At least Man Utd stuck to their guns and went out attacking from the first minute.  Barcelona totally outclassed them and it would have been twice as worse if a team like Liverpool or Chelsea had the balls to play like Man Utd did.

Liverpool are hardly defensive and hoofish, though. Nor are Chelsea or Arsenal, for that matter. Well, Chelsea are a bit defensive at times, but so are all the good teams.

Fucking hell. You just made me stick up for the Sky Four.

A plague on all your houses!

Guest firetotheworks

Kneejerktastic.

Barca dont represent their league, their 6-2 win over their closest rivals and their thrashing of just about everyone else shows that.

f***ing hell i knew this would happen :lol:

3 teams man, 3 teams in the final 4 for 3 years now..just because Barca are good dosn't mean the Spanish league is good, its full of s***, Diego Forlan has 31 goals and the season isn't over yet!

I'll give it to Barca. They played better and deserved the win 100 per cent. They are the best team in the world, but I Still think the Prem is better than La Liga. Its an all round excellent league ful of physicality and skill. La Liga's very good, but the Prem has a bit more.

That's my opinion anyway.

Pathetic thread. Hilarious to use one single high pressure game to conclude which league is better than the other.

If that's the case then the Liverpool v Real evidence would be just as receivable.

Barcelona are a special team, I don't think you can sensibly rate one league above the other just on that. How many English teams have been invloved in the final stages as opposed to La Liga last few years?

Guest gggg

Based on Real Madrid's performeces in the CL the Spanish league is no better than the conference. Conclusive proof.

And what happened to the rest?

edit: oh yeah Villareal were knocked out by Arsenal

Guest firetotheworks

Serie A> La Liga> Ligue 1> Bundesliga> Tippeligaen> Premier League imo

You've got to be fucking kidding.

I'll give it to Barca. They played better and deserved the win 100 per cent. They are the best team in the world, but I Still think the Prem is better than La Liga. Its an all round excellent league ful of physicality and skill. La Liga's very good, but the Prem has a bit more.

That's my opinion anyway.

In my opinion, the Premier League is the best marketed league in the world, for sure.

It also has a shout for the "best" league in the world by some other definitions, but there's no doubt it is boring in the sense that, pretty much without fail, the same four teams win everything worth winning, and the same cabal of teams enter the Champions League these days, bar the occasional blip.

We already know the four teams from which the winner will come next year (in fact, that could probably be narrowed down to three).

Who won the German league this year?

Guest helios_centric

Simple solution - don't watch the 'EPL' as you call it if you find it boring.

One game proves very little, Barcelona played fabulously tonight and well done to them, but I don't think I'm drawing any sweeping conclusions based on comparative leagues from that. I find the debate on 'which league is best' to be a bit tedious to be honest. Does it really matter?

mongtastic.

the champions league in general is not a good indicator of the best league overall as only the very best from each league participates. the past couple of seasons has shown that overall the premiership has the strongest four sides. barcelona are better than those 4 sides this season, but the other spanish teams - villarreal, real madrid and atletico madrid are worse, so on balance the premiership has the strongest collection of champions league sides.

Serie A> La Liga> Ligue 1> Bundesliga> Tippeligaen> Premier League imo

Messi should thank you for taking all the attention from him..

I knew you were a bit of an Inter Nut but thats pathetic, Serie A is just awfull.

This, absolutely.

With all due respect boys i'd hoped that relegation would rid us of the marginal types

Ridiculous refs and pretty much all players overreacting all the time hurts La Liga in terms of a spectacle. Mega cringefest.

Often I'll just watch the goals.

Regardless of which league is best I think it is just as bad as the Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool plastic fans when people have foreign teams like Barcelona as their second team (you can't have a second team unless it was something like you support Newcastle and Whitley Bay).

So why is it that this Man Utd team is the first in the last several years to atually try and attack the best team that ins't from Enlgand?  And why is it they got totally battered for 80 minutes?