Tamas Kadar

Skirge

Seeing as he seems to be our best option at a youth defendr making into the 1st team he deserves his own thread..

Tamas Kadar Hungary for NUFC first-team call

May 28 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

WHEN Hungarian starlet Tamas Kadar went down in a heap on a freezing cold night in Eppleton back in January many feared the worst for one of Newcastle United’s most talented young players.

And within moments of going in for a block tackle with Sunderland youngster Jordan Henderson, the teenager knew his season was over.

Getting to the ball first ahead of Henderson may have meant that United won the match that night against the Wearsiders in the mini Tyne-Wear derby but

Kadar, scouted by Sam Allardyce, signed by Kevin Keegan and having experienced Joe Kinnear coming in as boss and Alan Shearer during his rehab the broken leg suffered against Sunderland in January.

However, the Newcastle United that Kadar left behind is not the one he will be returning to on July 1.

With the Mags relegated and the possibility of Jose Enrique being offloaded this summer, it would leave Kadar in the box seat during pre-season to stake his claim.

The Hungarian-Under 21 star – who was on the brink of a first-team call-up before his horrific injury – told the Chronicle: “I am very sad because of the relegation.

“It’s shocked me and I think everybody in the city.

“I’m sure that Newcastle should go back in the next season to the Premier League.

“We need the Premier League and they need us.

“I believe that I can play some part in the promotion fight next season.

“Yes it’s a shocking surprise for everybody and really sad.

“I watched the game live on television in Newcastle with my mother and I was very disappointed.

“My mother had got a new Newcastle shirt and this was to help the team but it didn’t pay off.”

But the Veszprém-born teenager, who was brought up in the picturesque surroundings of the Lake Balaton area of the eastern European wilds, says he has been given the green light to start pre-season at full throttle after five months on the sidelines.

He added: “This season was terrible for me because of my serious injury.

“I made a really strong start to my fitness programme during the last few months and now I'm OK.

“The good news is that I trained together with the reserves last week and didn’t feel anything bad, so my leg is OK.

“And I'm stronger than ever.

“My only one target is to go back to the Premier League with Newcastle next season.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/05/28/tamas-kadar-hungary-for-nufc-first-team-call-72703-23733329/2/

Our youngsters are brilliant, fantastic attitude, if our first team players had the same attitude we wouldn't be where we are right now.

Better still if we had shown faith in a few of them we probably wouldn't be here right now.

Great attitude. I'm looking forward to seeing the lad steak a claim for 8th of August. :)

So that's: Kadar, Lua Lua, Carroll, Ranger and Krul.

All very talented youngsters who seem keen to push the club on! Great to see in times like these....

Him at the back Vukic on the wing, Baheng up top.

Doesn't binnsy (seemingly the one person who has a believable opinion on the reserves / youths) say that Baheng's rubbish and not up to it, even at reserve level?

Our youngsters are brilliant, fantastic attitude, if our first team players had the same attitude we wouldn't be where we are right now.

Better still if we had shown faith in a few of them we probably wouldn't be here right now.

Seen many of them play have you?

Seen many of them play have you?

Exactly - there were times last season I wanted to see some of them be given a chance, but there were no grounds to say they were any better (or worse tbf) than what we had playing week in, week out.

Guest Heneage

Doesn't binnsy (seemingly the one person who has a believable opinion on the reserves / youths) say that Baheng's rubbish and not up to it, even at reserve level?

Looked decent when I've seen him and I can't remember him saying that but I could be wrong.

Looked decent when I've seen him and I can't remember him saying that but I could be wrong.

Just as likely I'm wrong tbf (it isn't - I'm just being nice).

Could have sworn he said Danquah and Baheng were holding the team back, could be thinking of someone else mind.

Great attitude. I'm looking forward to seeing the lad steak a claim for 8th of August. :)

So that's: Kadar, Lua Lua, Carroll, Ranger and Krul.

All very talented youngsters who seem keen to push the club on! Great to see in times like these....

:laugh:

Someone's hungry

Just as likely I'm wrong tbf (it isn't - I'm just being nice).

Could have sworn he said Danquah and Baheng were holding the team back, could be thinking of someone else mind.

I remember him saying it about Xisco.

This guy is a legend, I really hope he goes far with us and gets some games in the champ'

Tozer was another who was doing well wasn't he?

He f***ed his leg too i think? So did Baheng.

Cruciate knee ligaments

Guest Stephen927

He's joined some class groups on Facebook. Even joined my old 6 a side teams group.  :celb:

From Veszprém, eh?

I've got a happy memory of changing trains there one sunny afternoon. Had an hour or so to wait for my connection. As in most Hungarian stations, there was a small bar with tables on the platform. I sank a beer or two, enjoyed the sleepy atmosphere, and watched old locomotives pull in and out.

Been to lake balaton, rather weirdly i was driven by an american, who i met in budapest, and was sat beside ajewish girl whos best friend worked at the hostel. was an unusual day!

HUngarian countryside is lovely and peaceful, but have to admit i still find it bit uncomfortable travellling about in a country with such difficult language.  AM paranoid at best of times, but its not helpful when locals stare at you (probly thingking, what that bloody foreigner doing here?) and mutter away to each other in gobbeldygook.

Must be embarassing for our foreign players to be in tis mess.  They must feel they have been sold a dummy club.

Godd test of who is loyal!!

Guest Stephen927

He's joined some class groups on Facebook. Even joined my old 6 a side teams group.  :celb:

He joined the group 'Joseph Fritzl is a legend!!!'

Something tells me he just accepts anything.

Probably. :D :lol: