John Carver

kane2005

I work for New York Red Bulls in USA as a Player Development Officer working in the Youth Programs we offer to children in New York , New Jersey and Philidelphia. One of our players Kevin Goldwaithe ( First team player ) , played under John Carver at Toronto FC.

John Carver will become an assistant manager/coach at Newcastle under Alan Shearer next season.

Shearer is believed to be wanting as many experienced , coaches on his backroom staff as possible and he believe John Carver knows the club pretty much more than any other coach we have had.

Guest Stephen927

Good, Shearer needs the right people around him that he feels he can trust. I would imagine Carver could pass on a hell of a lot of knowledge to him, as well as Dowie of course.

I work for New York Red Bulls in USA as a Player Development Officer working in the Youth Programs we offer to children in New York , New Jersey and Philidelphia. One of our players Kevin Goldwaithe ( First team player ) , played under John Carver at Toronto FC.

John Carver will become an assistant manager/coach at Newcastle under Alan Shearer next season.

Shearer is believed to be wanting as many experienced , coaches on his backroom staff as possible and he believe John Carver knows the club pretty much more than any other coach we have had.

I posted on here the week Shearer took over that Carver had been asked to join him even before the news had broken. Carver initially  refused as he was still employed in Toronto.

Carver has been Shearers guest at SJP on a couple of occasions already - sitting in Shearers box.

Guest Mucky01

i imagine it would just be as coach as Dowie would be number 2?

hopefully, as neither Shearer or Carver have any knowledge of the Championship.

I posted on here the week Shearer took over that Carver had been asked to join him even before the news had broken. Carver initially  refused as he was still employed in Toronto.

Carver has been Shearers guest at SJP on a couple of occasions already - sitting in Shearers box.

Saw them together in Shearer's box on the tube - backing that one up for sure.

i imagine it would just be as coach as Dowie would be number 2?

hopefully, as neither Shearer or Carver have any knowledge of the Championship.

Carver has worked in the Championship when he was at Leeds.

Yep.

Kevin Blackwell subsequently became the manager of Luton Town, and he recruited Carver as his assistant, along with another ex-Leeds coach Sam Ellis. With Luton going through major financial difficulties, including the administrator's decision to sell players from under the management's feet, Carver, along with Blackwell and Ellis made the joint decision to leave the club in January 2008.

I feel like Sir Bobby is running the show behind Big Al he said he should call him like 3 weeks ego in his column. Bobby also said Shearer is the only person worthy of his manager seat since he left........

I feel like Sir Bobby is running the show behind Big Al he said he should call him like 3 weeks ego in his column. Bobby also said Shearer is the only person worthy of his manager seat since he left........

Aye which is quite frankly a load of tosh.

I hope this is true, i've always seen JC as a person to trust. Hopefully Shearer will bring one of his mates in like Lee or Speed as another trustworthy character among the ranks.

Guest Texasmag

Might be good or getting some young US talent over as well.  Carver will know who is good in the MLS and could take a step up to the big show in England.

Please no.

Might be good or getting some young US talent over as well.  Carver will know who is good in the MLS and could take a step up to the big show in England.

Please no.

Sacha Kljestan could easily take the step over the Championship.  There are plenty of others as well.

Please no.

Amen to that haha.

The standard is not great , however there is some canny players in this league who could be good squad players for us. Juan Pablo Angel is still running the show for Red Bulls , as is Brian McBride for Chicago Fire.

"3 weeks ego "

that a sedate version of: the big giant head?

SOunds like a villian from sin city! 

3 weeks ego= robsons alter ego?  does the outfit involve spandex or stretch leather!  WOnder what the online avatar looks like )

I was mortal at 15 at his house when he was number 2 at a bbq. During this even i also abused Steve Clarke for his inability to not ruin the sausages on the bbq and saved one of his pens in a pen shootout comp.