Republicans panic........

Rob W

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Beware Of Exit Polls

BEWARE OF EXIT POLLS

Biased And Inaccurate Predictions Have Led To Poor

GOP Exit Poll Showings In Past Three National Elections

FAST FACTS ON EXIT POLLING

* Election Experts Believe Exit Polls Give An Edge And Sway Towards Democrat Candidates.

* National Exit Polls Will Skew In Favor Of Democrats This Year, Due To Large Numbers Of Uncontested Democrat Seats In The House Of Representatives.

* Early Exit Polling Returns In 2004 Were Widely Inaccurate, Declaring Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) To Be The Next President Of The United States And Republicans Barely Holding A One Seat Majority In The U.S. Senate.

* In The 2002 Midterm Elections, Exit Polling Produced Unusable Data.

* In 2000, Exit Polling Malfunctioned And Incorrectly Projecting Vice President Al Gore As The Winner Of The Crucial Battleground State Of Florida.

EXIT POLLS TRADITIONALLY HAVE A DEMOCRAT BIAS

Exit Polls Give Democrats An Edge:

Exit Polling Always Tends To "Give An Edge To Democratic Candidates." President of Mitofsky International, Warren Mitofsky: "Mitofsky said exit polls have always tended to give an edge to Democratic candidates ..." (John Cook, "Early Exit Polls Overstated Kerry Results, Media Group Says," Chicago Tribune, 1/20/05)

* "[Mitofsky] Said That For Reasons That Remain Unclear, Democratic Voters Are More Likely Than Republicans To Agree To Interview Requests From Pollsters." (John Cook, "Early Exit Polls Overstated Kerry Results, Media Group Says," Chicago Tribune, 1/20/05)

Also:

Republican's spam people with automated phone calls that appear to come from the Democrat Party

http://politics.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/11/06/2011251

(Similar case in 2002 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Election_NH_%22Phone_Jamming%22_Case )

And the usual attempts to suppress the vote of undesirables by telling them if they vote they'll get sent to prison, directing them to the wrong polling station and leafleting areas with flyers telling people to "Skip the Election"

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=16105

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Bush's are republican

Clinton was a Democrat

FFS..........................     

Whats a 'Democrat'?

In the Deep South it used to be someone who wore a white sheet and had strong views on racial questions but times change I understand

Democrats...Republicans...who cares? Same shit either way - the American Dream is a fallacy, power remains in the hands of a small, exclusive elitist cabal of white Americans who share the same neo-colonialist view of the rest of the World, and think we should all be at their behest.

Democrats...Republicans...who cares? Same shit either way - the American Dream is a fallacy, power remains in the hands of a small, exclusive elitist cabal of white Americans who share the same neo-colonialist view of the rest of the World, and think we should all be at their behest.

How very very different from our own dear Empire - shit - sorry - Commonwealth

How very very different from our own dear Empire - shit - sorry - Commonwealth

:lol:

Typical! You would have to go and undermine my anti-American rant like that, eh?!

Well I voted Democratic today and I haven't worn a white sheet for years...  :hmm:

Although I have been a loyal member of both Labour and the Democratic party - I am really more of an anti-Tory anti-Republican in my political views.

On this particular point Cali, the Germans are thinking of scrapping using voting machines here.

They should.

The old method is not broken so don't try to "fix" it. It's complete bullshite really. I have witnessed countless elections and I really don't see what wrong with getting a load of OAP's hopped up on black tea in some old room/City hall and having the votes counted right then and there. I am sure somebody could get away with miscounting a few votes but certainly not to the level of cheating that goes on in the States. As ineffecient as some may say the British system is... its still finished by around midnight... that is pretty fast really.

what are these elections for precisely? there seems to be a million different issues being voted on, everything from arresting illegal immigrants to compulsary purchase orders.

Its complicated. Every State has quite a large amount of latitude on laws (even drugs issues have only been resolved at a National level in the past 20 years) - and most states have an Initiative process where you get a million people to sign a paper saying their should be a law that is [some issue] and then you vote on it. A lot of interets use the initiative process to get past each State's legislature and a large number of hot button single issues groups also use the Initiative process - especially those that hate Mexicans and gays.

Anyway - not only do you vote for your US congressmember but most states also vote for a Senator and the local Legislature (like the Scots Parliament or Welsh Assembly). There are also local measures so the end reult is you spend about a minimum of 20 minutes in the voting booth voting on about 50 or so candidates and issues. Last nigt I spend about an hour going over all of the ballot measures and candidates with my wife - this is not typical. Most people make a spot judgement at the  voting booth. It's crazy.

There are too many branches and parts of government in the US it becomes redundant and counterproductive. Although that said there are 300 million yanks over a vast area - I say they just end it and give every state its independence.

Guest optimistic nit

.......especially when it turns out 'that voting machine company' are friends/donators to the Bush cause.

surely you wouldn't pay someone to fix their election?

Guest Ridzuan

I've nothing against the evil republicans tbh, but perhaps they could have a better representative than Mr Bush.

I dont think so.I think Mr Bush is a great leader and is a representative to any party.Dont worrry guys.Do not believe what you read because in the end,its the result that matter and I am confident that the Republican will win the election by a large margin.  :thup: