120 Made Redundant At SJP

Crumpy Gunt

The fact is that the money that will have been saved by firing those 120 people will not even cover Michael Owens monthly salary, probably!!

How are they going to find another decent job the way things are now while he will waltz into another club and fleece them for several 10's of millions like he has done here!!

Guest firetotheworks

Its times like these that when you think about saying 'the club has to come first' it really hits home that the club is actually a company.

Sad news.

120 out of how many in total?

It's probably something around 10% of NUFC employees going off last year's accounts.

One third.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article6390712.ece

Ah, one third of the non-footballing workforce. On last years accounts we employed 1,300 in total, but I guess that includes every single person, right down to the part time shop staff and that.

I agree its a shame and the players' salaries are mental but that's capitalism.  If you want Michael Owen's salary become a professional footballer....

some of that 120 couldnt have done any worse than the useless little fucker.

I agree its a shame and the players' salaries are mental but that's capitalism.  If you want Michael Owen's salary become a professional footballer....

some of that 120 couldnt have done any worse than the useless little fucker.

Well they should replace him when he's gone.  As I said its a real shame but its silly saying stuff like 'I bet they work harder than the players blah blah.'