Chelsea win FA Cup after 2 - 1 win over Everton

Keefaz

Guest Stephen927

All game the ITV1 commentator has been calling Anelka "Nicola Anelka"  :angry:

WTF has happened to Malouda, I remember the beginning of this season we were linked with him and majority turned their noses up at him, including me.  :lol:

The threat of playing for Newcastle was like sending a child delinquent to prison for a day.

:lol: :lol:

No complaints really. Difference in quality, simple as that.

Still a good season though. To reach the final, beating Man Utd, Liverpool and Villa is still a good achievement. Being 'the best of the rest' again in the Prem is also a good achievement. And to do both those things, without your best (and pretty much only consistently fit) striker for the season, your best midfielder and creative player for half the season, and your best defender for the last 6-8 games, is a great achievement.

We need to look up though, not down at the likes of Spurs who apparently were going to finish above us the past 3 seasons. Villa once again will be the strongest next season along with us, I think, outside the top 4.

Pienaar has really impressed me. We apparently rejected a bid in the region of £5.5m from Rubin Kazan (Russian champions I think) in January, and at the time I thought that was a good offer. But since then he's really developed as a player, Iniesta-esque in the way he can keep the ball and get away from players.

Today also showed a few of the players who I certainly consider dispensible: Hibbert and Osman shouldn't really be first-teamers in a top 4 challenging side. Committed yes, hard-working yes, squad players yes, but first team no.

And top 4 is where we should once again be aiming next year. If we can keep our defensive resilience, fantastic team spirit, as well as adding a good right back, a pacy winger and a technically sound central midfielder/attacking mid, then I think we've got a good chance. Another fast Martins-esque striker for a reasonable price wouldn't go amiss either.

Ah well, we were doomed today from the moment we beat Boro  :kinnear:

Still a good season though. To reach the final, beating Man Utd, Liverpool and Villa is still a good achievement. Being 'the best of the rest' again in the Prem is also a good achievement. And to do both those things, without your best (and pretty much only consistently fit) striker for the season, your best midfielder and creative player for half the season, and your best defender for the last 6-8 games, is a great achievement.

We need to look up though, not down at the likes of Spurs who apparently were going to finish above us the past 3 seasons. Villa once again will be the strongest next season along with us, I think, outside the top 4.

Pienaar has really impressed me. We apparently rejected a bid in the region of £5.5m from Rubin Kazan (Russian champions I think) in January, and at the time I thought that was a good offer. But since then he's really developed as a player, Iniesta-esque in the way he can keep the ball and get away from players.

Today also showed a few of the players who I certainly consider dispensible: Hibbert and Osman shouldn't really be first-teamers in a top 4 challenging side. Committed yes, hard-working yes, squad players yes, but first team no.

And top 4 is where we should once again be aiming next year. If we can keep our defensive resilience, fantastic team spirit, as well as adding a good right back, a pacy winger and a technically sound central midfielder/attacking mid, then I think we've got a good chance. Another fast Martins-esque striker for a reasonable price wouldn't go amiss either.

You'll never have enough ££££ to go near getting into the top 4.

We saw today why the top 4 now are almost untouchable and will distribute the silverware between themselves for a very long time to come. It pays to live beyond your means, well run clubs the likes of your evertons wont touch the top 4.

If the club sees the top 4 as untouchable then that's exactly what they'll be.

We've done it before and we'll do it again, but I acknowledge that it'll take one of them to fall below the current level - most likely Arsenal.

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, pretty much how I expected your reaction to be.

I expect next season to be the same for you unless you unearth a real, real gem. The team plays well together and most of the players are good or very good, for the top 4 your going to have to get a player with star quality up front and in midfield imo. A right back at the level of the rest of your back four will go a long way, but from an outsiders pov, (albeit one of a supporter of a team with possibly the worlds worst midfield) you need someone with Arteta or up front that is at his level or above, and isn't injury prone.

Yeah, pretty much how I expected your reaction to be.

I expect next season to be the same for you unless you unearth a real, real gem. The team plays well together and most of the players are good or very good, for the top 4 your going to have to get a player with star quality up front and in midfield imo. A right back at the level of the rest of your back four will go a long way, but from an outsiders pov, (albeit one of a supporter of a team with possibly the worlds worst midfield) you need someone with Arteta or up front that is at his level or above, and isn't injury prone.

Martins. I honestly think he'd work well at Everton, particularly playing alongside his international compatriot.

And yeah we need a quality midfielder to go alongside Arteta, yeah. Wonder if he Moutinho rumour mill will get into action once more.

Guest neesy111

decent game, better than the last 2 finals by a mile

chelsea deserve a trophy this season, but everton would have deserved it as well they had one of the hardest cup run's i can remember, but someone needed to lose unfortunly it was everton

Guest firetotheworks

I'm glad Chelsea won tbh, don't like teams outside the top four doing well unless its us.

When's that then?

It's a pity really, and another reason why i'm simply becoming more and more disillusioned with English football.

A few years ago, or in any other league today, Everton would be a fucking quality outfit challenging for the top honours - i'm talking Champions League. But at the end of the day, they were nowhere near getting in the top 4 and they were never going to beat Chelsea today. That's not really me being arsey towards them - i like the Toffees quite a lot nowadays, even if Goodison Park has been a pisser of a bogey ground for years (not that it matters now). It just proves how much of a forcefield there is between 4th and 5th.

Pompey winning it last year was something of a refreshing change, admittedly - and proves that it 'can' happen... but that's once in the last [long time].

Premiership footy sucks arse at the end of the day. Woo Championship!

From .com:

Cheer up David Moyes....

You'd think an FA Cup final between Chelsea and Everton would be an irrelevance to us. Well, apart from ex-Mag Louis Saha scoring the fastest ever Cup Final goal, you'd probably be right.

You'd also think that the relegation of Newcastle United to the Championship would be an irrelevance to Everton. Apparently not.

The Scousers inexplicably celebrated their place in Europe and finishing fifth in the Premier League after winning at Craven Cottage with choruses of "Cheer up Alan Shearer"....

Amazing.

Yet another club who seem unduly concerned with matters on Tyneside, despite their fans jamming phone-ins telling the nation that Newcastle aren't a big club.

You can't have it both ways.

Guest firetotheworks

I hate the fact some moron people post result like this on the title. Some of us wants to see the game later on. SO PLEASE DON'T POST RESULTS AS A TITLE FROM NOW ON.

:mackems: Best place to avoid knowing a football score is not a football thread. In fact I'd say it's the last place to avoid finding out a football score.

Guest Heneage

De Boer's analysis on the Rangers game is class, wish the rest of them would be that honest about the standard of games

What was he saying?

I hate the fact some moron people post result like this on the title. Some of us wants to see the game later on. SO PLEASE DON'T POST RESULTS AS A TITLE FROM NOW ON.

That's a fair point tbh.

That's a fair point tbh.

Aye, but it keeps Dave off the streets.

I don't remember the Likely Lads browsing football forums in that episode. There's a tip in there somewhere.