RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Brazilianbob

This non disclosure clause is simply to avoid the embarrassment Ashley endured the last time he put the club up for sale and got no takers.  I seriously doubt there are any bids in at all.

Suddenly everyone's an expert on non disclosure agreements. Do we know for a fact what it entails? Personally I would have thought it would simply be that anyone looking at the accounts in the "data room" cannot reveal those details; and on the other side, SP cannot reveal the names of the bidders. It doesn't necessarily mean that they themselves can't say they are interested in the club if they want to.

Having said that, I agree that empty vessels make the most noise.

Like everyone I'll be glad when it's done but I can't understand the present levels of panic/anxiety. A deal will be concluded and Alan Shearer will almost certainly be installed as the new manager as long as his wage demands are sensible.

Seriously? After considering how well the sale of the club went last time with 7 bidders fighting it out? After considering the methods Ashley uses in his other business (70% off sales which never end, shops which are closing down but never close)? The new season's less than a month away and we've done NOTHING yet to prepare for it when this off season requires double the work it normally would. How can anyone not be anxious? I can only think your lack of anxiety is down to the fact you wouldn't mind him staying on and are happy with Kinnear as manager.

I find it hard to believe Ashley won't sell now, but he's already done so many things that even I couldn't believe he would do, that I just wouldn't put anything past him now.

Finally! Been reading this at work on my phone praying that somebody would realise this on here.

Tony Blair : "We have to got to[sic] regroup, reassert ourselves and move back up again"

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=660494&cc=5739

Who could Tone persuade to get on board? Would anyone say no to a George W Bush led consortium (a coalition of the willing including some bloke from Poland) at this stage? :lol:

Haha, local owner backed by a mega rich oil tycoon. What could possibly be better!

Not an expert on None Disclosure Agreements by any stretch, nor have I claimed to be however, the very definition of the title "none disclosure" indicates that a party being involved in one would not be able to disclose details relating to or pertaining to items and information that the agreement was set up to protect.

I am sure that identity of bidders was one of the items that was included in the NDA when there was first talk of one being prepared by SP at the start of the sale process.

SSN going to be live in the northeast for the very latest on Newcastle, I bet its fk fk fk fk fk all.

Quite impressed at the lack of mongs selected.

There's fuck all else of interest though, unsurprisingly.

SSN going to be live in the northeast for the very latest on Newcastle, I bet its fk fk fk fk fk all.

Quite impressed at the lack of mongs selected.

There's f*** all else of interest though, unsurprisingly.

Hmmmm all he wnats is for one of the bidders to pay the £100mill into his bank and the club us theirs?

Aye right like thats the hold up up, surley any buyer is in a hurry to do the deal and are just waiting for him to say right its yours pay the money.

Well from what was said on SSN the hold up is no one has paid the money Ashley wants, if he has had 2 £100mill offers then surely they are waiting for the fat c*** to decide who he will sell to, or is he hoping they all pay him then he can just leg it.

Make you interest known by the deadline

Prove you have the funds to buy and run the club

Then get given access to the data room to do due diligence

Then make an offer, some made under some offered asking price

SO WHAT IS THE f***ing HOLD UP? its him not the buyers it has to be.

Well from what was said on SSN the hold up is no one has paid the money Ashley wants, if he has had 2 £100mill offers then surely they are waiting for the fat c*** to decide who he will sell to, or is he hoping they all pay him then he can just leg it.

Do you really believe that the asking price has been met?

I suspect it's the make up of the funds. These parties may have offerred £100m but it's perhaps made up of a £60m initial payment and dependant on success etc.

I think there's a good chance Ashley is either weighing up the various offers, has people negotiating with the bidders to improve the terms in his favour or is holding the current bids off in the hope of an improved offer from elsewhere.

One thing is for sure, the deal will be the best he can get and what's in the best interests of the club and fans will be somewhere towards the bottom of the list.

Nothing new really, from .com

A United Ireland?

Having been the victim of a recent hoax bid involving some mackem clown, the weekend brought claims that former mackem owners were attempting to put together a bid for Newcastle United.

Irish bar owner and former member of the Drumaville group who owned the mackems) Charlie Chawke said:

"We’re putting a syndicate hopefully together to do just that (bid for Newcastle). We had a great time in Sunderland. We got seven Irish people and one English person together with a syndicate and we succeeded in acquiring Sunderland.

“We had three great years there but unfortunately we’re gone now. It’s sold out to an American and we’re looking for options and Newcastle is a very viable option at the moment.

“We’re thinking about possibly the same as we had in Sunderland, about eight people maybe, depending on what money we can get. It’s a great club, it houses 52,000 people. It’s a great city, Newcastle.”

Basically that seems to amounts to no more than wishful thinking - or Freddy Shepherd's position, with added blarney....

Meanwhile the Singapore-based Profitable Group continue to be credited with interest in buying Newcastle, although their habit of commenting publicly is starting to look like a desperate attempt to appear credible.

However it's been privately claimed that representatives of the group met with Mike Ashley in London - something that Profitable are yet to publicly confirm or deny.

SSN alover this now..

No they're not.

Alover as in, Harper not happy, fans not happy, no sale yet, Ashley being honest, wants £100mill no more no less, no bidder has paid that asmount

I still think the most likely thing is that the bids/offers haven't been made yet and things aren't anywhere near as advanced as we're being led to believe.

It did cross my mind when that Chawke appeared yesterday that there are no bids Ashley is happy with and he is trawling around looking for buyers, and some desperate soul got in touch with the Drumaville mob to see if they were interested. I hope to hell I'm wrong though.

We're going to end up with Ashley and Kinnear cos no fucker wants to buy us.

I still think the most likely thing is that the bids/offers haven't been made yet and things aren't anywhere near as advanced as we're being led to believe.

It did cross my mind when that Chawke appeared yesterday that there are no bids Ashley is happy with and he is trawling around looking for buyers, and some desperate soul got in touch with the Drumaville mob to see if they were interested. I hope to hell I'm wrong though.

We're going to end up with Ashley and Kinnear cos no fucker wants to buy us.

I just cannot envisage any way for Ashley to come back though. Yes it's theoretically possible, but I think he'd rather jump off the bridge than ever have to come over it again.

By the start of the season we may well still be stuck in the shit, but he'll be gone.

/right? :undecided:

Come on lets be serious here, who the hell would want to buy us?  Club in turmoil, the fans are disillusioned, players are disillutioned, a club thats known as the national press whipping boys. 

If you were a foreign billionaire with no legience to any english club,  what club would you buy?  Probably not championship newcastle.

Looking much more likely by the day that we will start the season in exactly the position we are in now. Even if we do get a takeover, they won't have time to make the changes we need before the season starts, except maybe appoint a manager.