RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

so these Sports Direct numbers.....what would be a success for us?? If things aren't going well for him, does that force him to sell quicker?? or do they have no bearing whatsoever??

No idea if it has any bearing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/markets/5811271/The-week-ahead-Dividend-may-be-scrapped-to-pay-Sports-Direct-debts.html

While the saga of Mike Ashley's controversial £1.5m personal loan to JJB Sports chairman, Sir David Jones, rumbles on, Mr Ashley's chain will be in the news for another reason this week. On Thursday his Sports Direct chain will release its full-year results.

The company has said it "remains confident" of achieving earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation of £135m for the full year, compared with pre-exceptional ebitda of £191m last year.

Despite the relatively solid earnings, Sports Direct is expected to scrap its dividend, saving the sportswear chain around £21m. It is understood that the proceeds will go towards paying down debt.

The company is also thought to have revised the terms of a proposed £50m bonus scheme that could see more than 2,000 staff earn a year's salary in free shares.

The bonus plan will reportedly hand staff a share windfall worth an average of £25,000 if the company meets self-imposed profit targets. The share payout would dilute Mr Ashley's 71pc stake in the chain.

Hanlon's Razor...

That is all.

Pffffft! Where's the fun in that!?!

Instead of that, let's all get paranoid that people are out to get us and the situation we find ourselves in the deliberate act of some kind of evil super-genius and Spurs fan. Let's believe everything we read in the papers questioningly (well as long as it's bad anyway), even if each story contradicts the last and doesn't fit with the little genuine information we do have. Let's watch everyone who's involved in the cub trample all over it, tear it apart at the seams, and generally drag it through the mud as they pursue their own selfish aims to its detriment. In fact, let's not only watch them do it, let's support them in doing it and even better than that, let's join in!!

It's fucking insanity and I can't believe that other people are unable to see it.

Dignity, self-respect, pride in our club regardless, and so-on; what happened to all that?

I could go on, but I'm not going to as I haven't got the time and it's totally fucking futile anyway.

I hope you're right and things are fine.

I also hope they're fine, but unfortunately that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that if we carry on like this taking everything bad that is written about the club and not only believing it, but expanding and emphasising it ourselves we're not exactly helping the situation and that's the problem; no-one's been helping the situation for almost a year now and it's somewhat obviously got worse and worse because of that. Even the fans, who are supposed to genuinely care about the well being of the club and not only about themselves are now taking every opportunity to stick the knife in and give it a twist. That's pretty much the exact opposite of what fans are supposed to do; they're supposed to stick up for their club come what may and in the face of all evidence to the contrary, not the other way around. Like I said, it's fucking insane, the world has been turned on its head.

Anyway, gotta go now.

They're only posting on an internet forum though. The only real-world evidence that what you are saying is happening will be when the numbers of season ticket renewals becomes apparent. I don't really understand what you're complaining about. ???

Guest Gemmill

I also hope they're fine, but unfortunately that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that if we carry on like this taking everything bad that is written about the club and not only believing it, but expanding and emphasising it ourselves we're not exactly helping the situation and that's the problem; no-one's been helping the situation for almost a year now and it's somewhat obviously got worse and worse because of that. Even the fans, who are supposed to genuinely care about the well being of the club and not only about themselves are now taking every opportunity to stick the knife in and give it a twist. That's pretty much the exact opposite of what fans are supposed to do; they're supposed to stick up for their club come what may and in the face of all evidence to the contrary, not the other way around. Like I said, it's fucking insane, the world has been turned on its head.

Anyway, gotta go now.

Good good.

Anyway, gotta go now.

I agree in the sense that last season when I got stick at work I'd try to stick up for the club.  Now I just say "aye we're a fucking joke and there's no getting away from it until Ashley's gone".

So what though? It's the truth.

What's the point in carrying on like everything's brilliant and we're not up shit creek without a paddle? I don't get it.

Nah you're right Dave - just saying it's a reflection on how fucked we are, not that we should act any different.

Guest Wally_McFool

(Rumour  number 5,836 presently doing the rounds)

I cant wait for tomorrow. 

Alan Shearer is to be announced as boss, David Dein is coming in with Eric Gerets to folow shortly after and an investor is buying 33% of the club from Mike Ashley and is going to save us.

It will be announced on Sky Sports in the morning.

Troy Stavers who posts on the  NUFC.blog says so.

Hurrah!   

:frantic:   :celb: :crazy2:

Oh, I forgot to mention, Mike Ashley has decided not to sell the club for the time being.              Boooooo!  :tickedoff:

I'd love to have a go on that Christine Bleakley. :drool:

Where the fuck did that come from? :lol:

Agree with the sentiment though. :thup:

I was watching that fucking diabolical "ONE Show" earlier whilst browsing this place on me phone...she just looked rather yummy tonight. :aww:

(Rumour  number 5,836 presently doing the rounds)

I cant wait for tomorrow. 

Alan Shearer is to be announced as boss, David Dein is coming in with Eric Gerets to folow shortly after and an investor is buying 33% of the club from Mike Ashley and is going to save us.

It will be announced on Sky Sports in the morning.

Troy Stavers who posts on the  NUFC.blog says so.

Hurrah!   

:frantic:   :celb: :crazy2:

Oh, I forgot to mention, Mike Ashley has decided not to sell the club for the time being.              Boooooo!  :tickedoff:

Yeah Eric Gerets who just signed with Al-Hilal in April. Fail.

They're only posting on an internet forum though. The only real-world evidence that what you are saying is happening will be when the numbers of season ticket renewals becomes apparent. I don't really understand what you're complaining about. ???

Where have you been over the last season, man? There's been real-world evidence left, right and centre. This season the fans of this club have behaved like the stereotype put upon us by the media and the rest of the country, I'd previously thought that stereotype was total bollocks, and I'm pretty sure that it did indeed used to be so, but this year it's been pretty close to the truth. People seem to be behaving how the media expect or encourage them to behave. Whereas before there was a sense of: "You keep publishing that bullshit about us and we'll do our best to keep our dignity and carry on supporting our team in the way we've always done." Now it's more of a "You keep publishing that bullshit about us and we'll do our best to live up to it and in the process play a part in sending our club down the shitter." situation.

I'm complaining about people losing all touch with reality and giving credence to crackpot theories like; Ashley bought us for a bet to see if he could take us down, Ashley is deliberately trying to fuck us over, Ashley is trying to drag out this takeover simply to ruin our season, etc etc etc.

People's sense of reality is so warped at the moment that I could well see the same shit happening all over again with the next owners if they don't come in splash a shit load of cash, take us up as champions and storm our way up the Premiership next year. NE5 was right about one thing and that was that a lot of people who follow this club seem to think we have a divine right to success and are simply not happy with realistic targets and achievements. Those people seem to be in a huge majority at the moment.

Anyway, gotta go now.

Good good.

Did someone turn over a rock?

:p

Guest Gemmill

Anyway, gotta go now.

Good good.

Did someone turn over a rock?

:p

....and out crawled a sex god!

So what though? It's the truth.

What's the point in carrying on like everything's brilliant and we're not up shit creek without a paddle? I don't get it.

Who's saying it's brilliant?

It's shit, totally shit, so let's not do anything to make it worse, that's what I'm saying.

Where have you been over the last season, man? There's been real-world evidence left, right and centre. This season the fans of this club have behaved like the stereotype put upon us by the media and the rest of the country, I'd previously thought that stereotype was total bollocks, and I'm pretty sure that it did indeed used to be so, but this year it's been pretty close to the truth. People seem to be behaving how the media expect or encourage them to behave. Whereas before there was a sense of: "You keep publishing that bullshit about us and we'll do our best to keep our dignity and carry on supporting our team in the way we've always done." Now it's more of a "You keep publishing that bullshit about us and we'll do our best to live up to it and in the process play a part in sending our club down the shitter." situation.

I'm complaining about people losing all touch with reality and giving credence to crackpot theories like; Ashley bought us for a bet to see if he could take us down, Ashley is deliberately trying to fuck us over, Ashley is trying to drag out this takeover simply to ruin our season, etc etc etc.

People's sense of reality is so warped at the moment that I could well see the same shit happening all over again with the next owners if they don't come in splash a shit load of cash, take us up as champions and storm our way up the Premiership next year. NE5 was right about one thing and that was that a lot of people who follow this club seem to think we have a divine right to success and are simply not happy with realistic targets and achievements. Those people seem to be in a huge majority at the moment.

Utter tripe IMO.

We still averaged 48,000 last year, we still supported the team as they were relegated woefully, and we will still support the club in the league below. The sheer number of catastophic errors by Ashley along the way has led to some people suspecting a deliberate ploy to fuck us up, I don't believe it myself but I can't say I blame them tbh. It's ludicrous but then so is what has happened here over the last year.

Divine righters, for not wanting to be relegated. :lol: Fucking hilarious.