RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was it Iran or Iraq where the national team had the soles of their feet flogged for losing a game.  We could do with some of that shit at NUFC tbh - raffle it off to the fans and do it on the centre spot after the game.

Iraq i think, im sure it was Saddams son who ordered the flogging. Think it was when they were kicked out of the WC

Aye it was something like that.

Not a peep in any of today's papers more than 24 hrs after the story broke. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I think they're all terrified of being stitched up. They aren't going to re-hash the Sun and they can't find anything of their own, so it's a bit of a dead end. Bit surprised nobody is carrying the Arabian News site's quotes though.

Guest rinaldo #18

Was it Iran or Iraq where the national team had the soles of their feet flogged for losing a game.  We could do with some of that s*** at NUFC tbh - raffle it off to the fans and do it on the centre spot after the game.

Iraq i think, im sure it was Saddams son who ordered the flogging. Think it was when they were kicked out of the WC

Aye. They also had to play with concrete footballs on several occasions after losing a game.

Was it Iran or Iraq where the national team had the soles of their feet flogged for losing a game.  We could do with some of that s*** at NUFC tbh - raffle it off to the fans and do it on the centre spot after the game.

Aye. They also had to play with concrete footballs on several occasions after losing a game.

Sounds pretty fucking stupid tbh

If you're annoyed at a team being shit, don't fuck around with their feet ffs. Break their arms, whip their back, just don't fuck with their feet and then expect them to become a team of Ronaldinhos.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I look forward to these new training techniques at the Benton ground soon. Its just whats needed for Joey Barton and fatty Nolan.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I don't think this guy would be a step in the right direction given that he is from a dictatorship country. Our opinions will mean less to him than they do to Ashley!! He'll probably bring a load of non english speaking Iranians over who can't play and not give 2 f**** what we the supporters think..... one step forward two steps back :undecided:

I don't think this guy would be a step in the right direction given that he is from a dictatorship country. Our opinions will mean less to him than they do to Ashley!! He'll probably bring a load of non english speaking Iranians over who can't play and not give 2 f**** what we the supporters think..... one step forward two steps back :undecided:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Stephen927

I look forward to these new training techniques at the Benton ground soon. Its just whats needed for Joey Barton and fatty Nolan.

Barton will feel right at home with a concrete ball and chain at his feet.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

OH NOES - QUICK VOTE THE BNP!  :frantic:

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

OH NOES - QUICK VOTE THE BNP!  :frantic:

HMMM don't think so me thinks you took that out of context

Oh no, this might mean foreign players start playing for English clubs, with their diving and not speaking English and not caring about the fans and stopping young english players coming through and stealing our women.  2009, the year the English game died.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If you think communication with Ashley is bad, imagine what it could turn into should it go tits up with this guy!

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Oh no, this might mean foreign players start playing for English clubs, with their diving and not speaking English and not caring about the fans and stopping young english players coming through and stealing our women.  2009, the year the English game died.

I think you're missing my point. This guy(if he exists) would like to bring in an Iranian coach and Iranian players which in my opinion would not help our team on a skill and ability level which has nothing to do with race. The fact is thier league is Shite and if you want to make your team better you need better players. Plus if they bring in a manager who dosn't speak English the players will suffer end of.

I think you're missing my point. This guy(if he exists) would like to bring in an Iranian coach and Iranian players which in my opinion would not help our team on a skill and ability level which has nothing to do with race. The fact is thier league is Shite and if you want to make your team better you need better players. Plus if they bring in a manager who dosn't speak English the players will suffer end of.

Mike Ashley brought in an English manager and English players who didn't help our team on a skill or ability level.  What's the alternative meant to be again, Americans?  Cracking league they've got over there like.  Where's he said he's going to bring in an Iranian manager?  All I've heard is something about Keegan.  Have Man City got an Arab manager now?

If he brings the very best young players from iran over do you not think they'll be good enough for the Championship or better than the likes of Kevin Nolan we've got now?  I don't think we can predict if someone's going to be a success here or not based on where they come from, we've had an English billionaire owner who seemed like a dream come true and it was an absolute clusterfuck.  Man U thought Glazer was going to turn them into some god-awful American franchise and it's turned out fine.  No matter who buys the club we're rolling the dice again, but we don't have a choice.  I don't care if they come from Timbuktu to be honest.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I think you're missing my point. This guy(if he exists) would like to bring in an Iranian coach and Iranian players which in my opinion would not help our team on a skill and ability level which has nothing to do with race. The fact is thier league is s**** and if you want to make your team better you need better players. Plus if they bring in a manager who dosn't speak English the players will suffer end of.

Have you read this article? there's nothing about Keegan in here mate.........

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/563375-exclusive-iranian-tycoon-speaks-on-newcastle-utd-deal

Mahjoob also said that one of his goals was to use Iranian players and coaches at Newcastle, and revealed that he has approached the ‘David Beckham of Iranian football', Ali Daei, with regards a coaching role at the club.

“Ali Daei is a definite priority for coaching the Newcastle team for the first season,” he said. “Daei is one of my close friends and we have had short conversations together, although we haven’t had serious talks with regards to this. After we purchase the club we will talk with Daei in regards to his presence.”

Mike Ashley brought in an English manager and English players who didn't help our team on a skill or ability level.  What's the alternative meant to be again, Americans?  Cracking league they've got over there like.  Where's he said he's going to bring in an Iranian manager?  All I've heard is something about Keegan.  Have Man City got an Arab manager now?

If he brings the very best young players from iran over do you not think they'll be good enough for the Championship or better than the likes of Kevin Nolan we've got now?  I don't think we can predict if someone's going to be a success here or not based on where they come from, we've had an English billionaire owner who seemed like a dream come true and it was an absolute clusterfuck.  Man U thought Glazer was going to turn them into some god-awful American franchise and it's turned out fine.  No matter who buys the club we're rolling the dice again, but we don't have a choice.  I don't care if they come from Timbuktu to be honest.

I was talking about your prediction he might bring in a non-English speaking manager, the only thing I've heard about his choice of manager was the suggestion when the story first broke that he'd bring in Keegan. If Daei's a good coach and can speak or is willing to speak English and the manager (whoever he may be) wants him onboard, that's fine.  If Mahjoob's for real and he brings in a load of free Iranian no-hopers on the basis that they're his Dad's mates nephew or something rather than investing in the team then it'll be bad.  If he brings across the next Ali Karimi or Karim Bagheri to supplement a team sourced from a wide range of clubs and countries, it'll be excellent.  In the position we're in at the moment there are few World Cup countries whose very best players we could turn our noses up now, even if they're hardly Brazil on the world stage.