The new chairman

Dave

Whoever buys the club, the first thing they need to do is get in a chairman/MD that has a fucking clue what he's doing. Not only regarding football of course, but someone willing to communicate with the press and fans where necessary.

I've no idea what part Mort played in our downfall under Ashley, but he got himself on the right side of the fans quickly and kept it that way. Most trusted him, and this is a massive positive. Llambias by contrast has barely appeared in public and has received some real spite on the back of it. Rumour and hearsay have been rife under him, and I don't need to point out that this harms the club significantly. Whatever you think of the Keegan saga, the handling of it by the club was farcical, and for me the responsibility for that lies with Llambias.

I know this is a massive and possibly ridiculous ask, but is David Dein still available?

I think Mort was the one trying to keep the peace between Keegan, Ashley and the rest of them. Seemed to have our best interests at heart. Not saying he knew how to run a football club though as obviously he oversaw our change in strategies and the rest of it.

If Keegan was lied to about "the system" then Mort probably told him more lies than anyone else.

Definitely. Although I'm sure Mick has told me before as well that Mort said to his face that Keegan had the final say. Still who knows.

I would love it to be a person who has a head for business but also has some attachment to football (i.e. ex-player, manager etc)

Does such a person exist ?

Niall Quinn?  :-*

I would love it to be a person who has a head for business but also has some attachment to football (i.e. ex-player, manager etc)

Does such a person exist ?

Niall Quinn?  :-*

Oh aye. Forgot about him  :lol:

Lets write a letter and do a sing-song about how we want our perfect chairman to be. Then Mike Ashley can rip it up and throw it in the fire.. hopefully the news will get to Mary Poppins and we'll be saved.

This place has gone mental with news in the last 12 hours.

Guest getalife

Does this not exonerate Keegan in some way? I mean, he must have been thinking at the time 'Fck me, this is a complete shambles, I've got to get the fck outta here........'

Why would keegan not just tell the fans exactly what the crap situation was behind the scenes whilst he was still there ?

I fail to see how this clearly wasnt the best option if he really wanted to help the club, rather than getting compensation for it all.

Why would keegan not just tell the fans exactly what the crap situation was behind the scenes whilst he was still there ?

I fail to see how this clearly wasnt the best option if he really wanted to help the club, rather than getting compensation for it all.

Did he not kind of do that after the Chelsea game?

Did he not kind of do that after the Chelsea game?

:nods:

He said we wouldnt be able to compete with the top 4 etc

We might make 2 or 3 signings.

Im talking when he realised he'd been lied to as he claims, they brought in men he didnt want and didnt give him the players they promised.

His reason for walking was probably so he wouldnt be held accountable if we were crap, because it was taken out of his hands.

Where as he could have just come out to the fans, spelt out what had happened. Then he'd have had a tide of support behind him & Ashley would have had a far better idea of what our reaction would be if he backed wise etc over keegan & didnt listen to the man. In the end he saw it afterwards instead and tried to get him back because of it. So he would never have sacked keegan if he'd just talked to the media.

Then january transfer window comes up & chances are ashley would have backed him, or next season. Then we'd all have had what we wanted.

Keegan did have other options if he'd been passionate about staying in the game & helping us, though walking was understandable to.

He said we wouldnt be able to compete with the top 4 etc

We might make 2 or 3 signings.

Im talking when he realised he'd been lied to as he claims, they brought in men he didnt want and didnt give him the players they promised.

His reason for walking was probably so he wouldnt be held accountable if we were crap, because it was taken out of his hands.

Where as he could have just come out to the fans, spelt out what had happened. Then he'd have had a tide of support behind him & Ashley would have had a far better idea of what our reaction would be if he backed wise etc over keegan & didnt listen to the man. In the end he saw it afterwards instead and tried to get him back because of it. So he would never have sacked keegan if he'd just talked to the media.

Then january transfer window comes up & chances are ashley would have backed him, or next season. Then we'd all have had what we wanted.

Keegan did have other options if he'd been passionate about staying in the game & helping us, though walking was understandable to.

i missed this claim.

If Keegan was lied to about "the system" then Mort probably told him more lies than anyone else.

Definitely. Although I'm sure Mick has told me before as well that Mort said to his face that Keegan had the final say. Still who knows.

Keegan may have had final say before Mort left, he can't keep his word when he's not even at the club.