If Fat Freddy took over the club...

Parky

Fat Fred should stick to what he does best - watching muff munching hookers in some backstreet dive. Where is our self respect? The egotistical blob holds us all in snearing contempt and was caught out admitting it. Don't anyone tell me that getting him back is in any way progressive for NUFC. What a load of bollocks. I've stood/sat at Sid James since God knows when watching the crap, the deluded, the s****, the average, the decent, the good, the entertainers and the cup winners and if the only way out is to see the return of the bloke who started this devastating period of recklessness both personal and financial that's me done. Finished. Finito. You don't go back to the past because we are where we are because of that past.

We need a totally new outlook and attitude at this club. New owners with a professional understanding of what needs to be done.

Nail. On. Head.

Great post.

:clap:

+1

FFS back would be the ultimate punchline for the year we've just had.

Excellent post Joe 90

Surely the issue was freddy backing crap managers with money, they then wasted it & we did rubbish...barely made much back etc

When we had good managers he was the perfect owner, backs them, they make good purchases, teams improves and we make it back.

So i suppose its based on a persons faith in shearer being a good manager. His ability in the transfer market also, he'd certainly have some extra pull for players simply from his name.

If he does turn out to be very good, freddy would turn out to be a good owner ?

Its not just managers buying players for big money and then not making it back in sales that was the problem.  The biggest problem was allowing the wage bill to get so massively out of control.

Shepherd's most prolific idiocy came in his appointment and handling of managers, and truthfully I don't think you'd have that problem if Shearer was in charge. In terms of ambition etc, and willingness to spend money he was pretty great.

Aye, spending the sort of money the club could no longer afford to. What a boy.

Yeah, whereas the current regime's solution of spending only the money that the club could afford was a fucking resounding success, wasn't it?

That'd be a good point if lack of spending was actually the cause of our problems for the past year, which it wasn't.

:dowie:

A lack of financial input in the transfer market couldn't even remotely be excluded from a list of "problems we had last season". We all knew that the squad needed strengthening, and yet it wasn't -- it was weakened.

Shepherd's most prolific idiocy came in his appointment and handling of managers, and truthfully I don't think you'd have that problem if Shearer was in charge. In terms of ambition etc, and willingness to spend money he was pretty great.

Aye, spending the sort of money the club could no longer afford to. What a boy.

Yeah, whereas the current regime's solution of spending only the money that the club could afford was a fucking resounding success, wasn't it?

That'd be a good point if lack of spending was actually the cause of our problems for the past year, which it wasn't.

Please don't make me put on the same list Liquidcack is on.

The cause of our problems as in the cause of our relegation.  Of course we had loads of problems last season but in my opinion THE main reason we went down was the choices of manager not lack of spending.  I mean even spending on the wrong players comes in ahead of lack of spending for reasons we went down.

Parky I don't have a fucking clue what you're on about :lol: