Newcastle United Theme For The Fans

kane2005

If Newcastle could have a theme song which they could have played before games were you could get the fans singing what would it be?

Blaydon Races would be the obvious one for me but it's sung too fast with the wrong words.

Hey Jude  ( The chorus ) . . . .

Obviosuly Liverpool and Celtic have YNWA , Manure have Country Roads , Man City Blue Moon . . . etc . . .

What would you like ?

Only fools and horses theme tune would be appropriate right now, or maybe entry of the gladiators with some clowns running around.

We should get the Dropkick Murphy's to come play, might hype everyone up a bit too much though.

For a theme it has to be something that has a connection the club/fans/area.. other than the songs we alreadt have I cant really think of anything appropriate.

Guest Micktoon

If Newcastle could have a theme song which they could have played before games were you could get the fans singing what would it be?

Blaydon Races would be the obvious one for me but it's sung too fast with the wrong words.

Hey Jude  ( The chorus ) . . . .

Obviosuly Liverpool and Celtic have YNWA , Manure have Country Roads , Man City Blue Moon . . . etc . . .

What would you like ?

On the subject of YNWA when did that become a scouse anthem, Hillsbourough??? I ask as in my early fotballing days all teams sang it and I can't recall when it became theres

Guest toonlass

The Benny Hill theme tune.

To answer YNWA

"According to former player Tommy Smith, Gerry Marsden presented Liverpool manager Bill Shankly with a recording of his upcoming cover single during a pre-season coach trip in the summer of 1963. "Shanks was in awe of what he [had] heard. [...] Football writers from the local newspapers were travelling with our party and, thirsty for a story of any kind between games, filed copy back to their editors to the effect that we had adopted Gerry Marsden's forthcoming single as the club song."[4]

Marsden himself told BBC Radio how, in the 1960s, the deejay at Anfield would play the top-ten commercial records in ascending order, with the number one single transmitted last, shortly before kickoff. Supporters standing on the Spion Kop terrace would sing along, but once "You'll Never Walk Alone" dropped out of the top-ten, says Marsden, they continued to sing it.[5][6] The song was later adopted by the Scottish teams Hibernian and Celtic[3], Dutch teams Feyenoord and FC Twente,[7] and Japan's F.C. Tokyo.[8]"

Wikipedia

Living in an area with a large contingent of Liverpool fans, writes Damian, who lives in Chester should you be wondering, I'm constantly being drawn into debates about who sang You'll Never Walk Alone first. I've failed to come up with evidence to support my belief that it was the Celtic faithful. I'd appreciate any information which serves to conclude this dispute once and for all.

While many Celtic fan-based websites provide the words to You'll Never Walk Alone, and it features on the CD Green & White Anthems, there is no historical evidence that Celtic fans sang it on their terraces first. Instead, a cursory glance back in time shows that Liverpool have the much stronger claims.

After all, the song, originally written by Rodgers and Hammerstein in 1945 for the Broadway musical Carousel, only became a terrace favourite after it was covered by Gerry and the Pacemakers in November 1963. Almost immediately - as footage from Panorama in 1964 shows - Liverpool supporters adopted it.

As Paul Fields points out: "Before the early 60s football fans made noise and occasionally chanted something brief (like Play Up Pompey!) but it was the Kop that started singing popular songs of the day (mainly Merseybeat songs such as Gerry and the Pacemakers' You'll Never Walk Alone) and later started to adapt the lyrics of songs to celebrate the team and its players.

"If any Celtic fans still claim that they sang it first, it would have to predate Gerry's version. Now can you really see thousands of working class Glaswegians in the 50s/early 60s spontaneously joining in a sing-along from a Rodgers and Hammerstein musical?" No, us neither.

Guest firetotheworks

The Coast is Always Changing by Maximo Park would be the better choice out of the Maximo Park songs I reckon.

got a couple of good ones we can rip off.

we are a dramatic club (in som ways).

to bad i cant post football movies :( but hey. this is just for fun anyway. ha  ha    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKLpJtvzlEI http://rumorsandrants.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/shearer.jpg

a great man retires...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyGz_17_0lk http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00868/money-graphics-2008_868147a.jpg

why us?? whats up with this curse??

the devil have entered the frame

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01395/michael-owen_1395569c.jpg

owen fails again (and again, and again e.t.c.) the phantom of the opera

a hero wont stand by and wait any longer

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00718/Shearer_718724i.jpg 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45778000/jpg/_45778120_15_5_newcastle.jpg

I quite like the idea of re-creating the words to the old busker song GOING UP , for the promotion?

IM A GEORDIE

IM A GEORDIE

GOING UP

GOING UP

we've got Nolan runs like a granny,

NUFC fans singing the only fools an horses theme song to Ga$hley and Llambias.

No income tax no vat...............

Stick a Wise'y in me pocket,

I'll fetch the nutcase from the van.

Cos if you want the best 'uns,

But you don't ask questions,

Then brother- Ashleys your man.

Cos where it all comes from is a mystery,

It's like the whole football season

never happened for me,

But here's the one that's drivin' me beserk,

Why do only fools and horses work?

La-la-la

La-lala-la

La-la-la

La-lala-lambias,

We've got some half price Allardyce and miles

and miles of Denis Wise,

T.V.s, deep freeze and premier league toon tops,

Ball games, gold chains, whatsnames, pictures

frames, losing all our football games,

And Alan Shearer track suits from a Bush, and

Shepherds Lush,

Lush, Lush, Lush, Lush, Lush, Lush, Lush ...

No income tax, no V.A.T.,

No money back, no guarantee,

Black and white, rich or poor,

We'll raise prices at a stroke......

God bless Terry Mac,

We want Keegan Back,

Long live Super Mac,

C'est magnifique, Super Mac,

Magnifique, Super MAc,

super Mac (to fade)

Guest WashyGeordie

Proclaimers - 500 miles.