Adams for Celtic? Well he seems to think there's a chance

Belfast Boy

Not sure if this is mentioned anywhere else, certainly can't see it.

Irish Radio news have just had direct quotes from Tony Adams saying he is close to becoming Celtic manager!!!! :kasper:

EDIT: Just seen this has been mentioned in the Martinez thread, but this was Adams himself talking on Today FM and he said Wim Jansen has been approached by Celtic to be DOF and Jenk is wanting to take Adams with him as manager.

"Wim Jansen is probably in at Celtic," said Adams. "It would be him as technical director and me as manager.

"By saying manager, it is kind of a head coach's position really because once you have a technical director like you have in Europe, they help you with recruitment.

"They do the 'nuts and bolts', the travel arrangements, the hotels, and all that kind of stuff.

"As long as you have the final say of who comes in and out, these people are your help in the boardroom. I never had that at Portsmouth.

"It works for me and Celtic is an unbelievable club, you have a 50% chance of winning something up there."

He added: "I've not applied for the role. I know Wim Jansen, who has put me in there.

"I think they approached him and I know Wim from my Feyenoord days and he's actually said that he would only do the role if I were to be made manager. That's Wim's opinion, not Celtic's."

Did you see Tony Adams on SSN?, after he was sacked at pompy he said Wenger rang and left a msg on his mobile saying "your a great great manager tony" , the guy interviewing him said do you still have it on your phone and Tony Adams stuttered a bit then said err no that phone broke  :rolleyes:

Guest Stephen927

Failed at League Two level then failed in the Premiership.

Should be the best manager in the SPL by far then.

"It works for me and Celtic is an unbelievable club, you have a 50% chance of winning something up there."

:lol:

Never ceases to amaze me that people go to Celtic and Rangers because 'it's a good chance to win some silverware'.

Yes, but the silverware is a joke and it's virtually nothing to do with your own ability. Don't understand how you can get any pride from that.

Guest Stephen927

Easy way to earn decent money for a couple of years with little pressure I guess.

I hope Martinez chooses to remain in the Championship, he's got a good thing going on at Swansea and he loves the club.

Guest toonlass

I bet Blefuscu will die of joy.

:celb: :celb: :celb: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :celb: :celb: :celb:

I really couldn't care less

:coolsmiley:

A guy whose only experience of managing is at Football Manager would finish 2nd at worst in Scotland. Wouldn't surprise me if he eventually become a huge success if he is appointed.....

He actually said the Wim Jansen stuff on Talksport this morning. That's where they are lifting the story from. He was interviewed by Townshend and Parry at about 11-15am this morning.

Must admit the bloke sounds a complete moron.

Guest BooBoo

He actually said the Wim Jansen stuff on Talksport this morning. That's where they are lifting the story from. He was interviewed by Townshend and Parry at about 11-15am this morning.

Must admit the bloke sounds a complete moron.

Thats beacuse he is. The drink has knacked him.

"Wim Jansen is probably in at Celtic," said Adams. "It would be him as technical director and me as manager.

"By saying manager, it is kind of a head coach's position really because once you have a technical director like you have in Europe, they help you with recruitment.

"They do the 'nuts and bolts', the travel arrangements, the hotels, and all that kind of stuff.

"As long as you have the final say of who comes in and out, these people are your help in the boardroom. I never had that at Portsmouth.

He added: "I've not applied for the role. I know Wim Jansen, who has put me in there.

"I think they approached him and I know Wim from my Feyenoord days and he's actually said that he would only do the role if I were to be made manager. That's Wim's opinion, not Celtic's."

I love the fact that he had to make the team's hotel and travel arrangements at Pompey as well. 

Easy way to earn decent money for a couple of years with little pressure I guess.

I hope Martinez chooses to remain in the Championship, he's got a good thing going on at Swansea and he loves the club.

Do you know anything about Scottish football?