Adams for Celtic? Well he seems to think there's a chance

Belfast Boy

Guest toonlass

Easy way to earn decent money for a couple of years with little pressure I guess.

I hope Martinez chooses to remain in the Championship, he's got a good thing going on at Swansea and he loves the club.

Do you know anything about Scottish football?

Little pressure? Bloody hell the bloke will be back on the drink if he loses the first derby game at Celtic Park. The pressure is immense up there.

Eh Celtic tried this before not so long ago and it failed miserably....would be a complete fuck up of a move. Scottish football is shit but it does pretty much guarantee you champions league with rangers or celtic so that's what obviously all the managers go for. I still think people also underestimate how big a club Celtic are, they are one of the biggest clubs in the world in terms of fanbase imo.

Guest gggg

Celtic aren't even the biggest club in their own league, which is irrelevant in world football. How many people abroad watch the SPL?

The candidates for the job say it all, Tony Mowbray, Owen Coyle or Roberto Martinez. All the big guns are falling over themselves for 2 games of champions league football v 40 games of shite.

Guest gggg

Maybe due to the plastic paddy thing, but apart from them and Scottish ex-pats i doubt anyone else gives a shit about them or Rangers.

Maybe due to the plastic paddy thing, but apart from them and Scottish ex-pats i doubt anyone else gives a s*** about them or Rangers.

That doesnt really matter anyway. The pressure up there is unbelievable, and not only for old firm games. If they drop points in any game the media go into overdrive as there's little else to talk about. Every minute detail is trawled over. Just listen to the Real Radio phone in on Setanta. Its ridiculous.

Adams is being a bit arrogant saying that its a 50% chance as well. If you fuck up, teams like Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee United can easily beat the OF on their day.

Jansen refutes Adams' Celtic link 

Former Celtic boss Wim Jansen has denied ever recommending Tony Adams for the manager's post at Parkhead.

Adams claimed he was in the frame, should Jansen return to Celtic in the role of technical director.

However, Jansen said: "Sure, I worked with Tony in Holland when he was coaching there and I know him well. We have a good relationship.

"But it's a little while since we have been in contact. And I have never suggested anything about Celtic."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8079665.stm

:iamatwat:

Guest toonlass

Jansen refutes Adams' Celtic link 

Former Celtic boss Wim Jansen has denied ever recommending Tony Adams for the manager's post at Parkhead.

Adams claimed he was in the frame, should Jansen return to Celtic in the role of technical director.

However, Jansen said: "Sure, I worked with Tony in Holland when he was coaching there and I know him well. We have a good relationship.

"But it's a little while since we have been in contact. And I have never suggested anything about Celtic."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8079665.stm

:iamatwat:

:mackems:

Tony Adams sat in his kitchen with the house phone on the table and his mobile in his hand.

"I'll just dial that.....then..."

*phone rings*

"Hi, The Tony Adams here"

(Putting on a high voice) "Hello its your friend Wim Jansen here, Im at Parkhead they want to speak to you for head coach, would you come down?"

(Normal voice) "Would I!"

Slams down the phone, falls over the kitchen chair and runs into his living room, diving on the couch.

"Hi Im Tony adams"

(swapping chairs)

(low voice) "nice to meet you Tony, I'm John Reid, you already know Wim"

(Hi Voice) "Hi Tony, your the best"

(shakes his own hand and swaps seats)

"why thanks!"

(Low voice) "Please Tony-one take the Celtic Job, your our only hope"

"Vvvvvzzzzzzz, I will never join the dark side, take that John...Raaa Tony's the best, Raaaa!"

(Adams wife) "Tony are you up? can you take the dog for a walk"

"Err.... the phone could ring any second love!"

(Wife) "Its not rung for six bloody months Tony, now take the dog out"

Tony mumbles something and slams the door on his way out...

Guest toonlass

Has to be the funniest thing to happen in the SPL for ages, plus did you notice that shifty sideways look he gave the camera last night when he was talking about being a "Gerrreaaattt" manager,  :mackems: