Disloyal footballers/managers

GG

Are often the biggest prats. Brendan Rodgers for example, a week ago was quoted as 'devoted to Watford', having been in charge 8 months. Everything looking somewhat promising for us, Reading sniffing around and he sounded as though he didn't want to leave just yet as 'he owes a lot to Watford'. Wanker's gone to Reading for a mere £750k compensation, leaving us in the lurch, preparations for the season halted and leaving our potless board looking for a new manager. The Russo brothers are apparently quite keen on Dennis Wise, or at least were keen on him before they took over from the previous twat board. Just to say here, Brendan Rodgers is a disloyal twat, similar to Lee Cook and I can't wait to see him squirm when we play Reading at the Vic next season. Please appoint Paul Tisdale ffs.

Are often the biggest prats. Brendan Rodgers for example, a week ago was quoted as 'devoted to Watford', having been in charge 8 months. Everything looking somewhat promising for us, Reading sniffing around and he sounded as though he didn't want to leave just yet as 'he owes a lot to Watford'.

explains Steve Bruce then :lol: ......I remember the ways he left his previous teams in Birmingham City and Crystal Palace especially. What was it Simon Jordan (?)said? "Sainsbury's wouldn't even trust him with a loyalty card'

Guest Chubby Jason

Redknapp. Put a tenner on him making an "emotional" return to Portsmouth for that Arab cash this summer, only to quit the year after for the England job, then leave in 2012 to retire as Germany boss.

Guest saintscoobz

redknapp is possibly the most disloyal manager of the present era, he is also quite near the top of the list of cunts in football. i nearly cried when he was linked with the toon job.

Guest firetotheworks

Just to echo the Redknapp points. You dont expect anyone in football to be loyal, but the manner in which he's been disloyal, and the amount of times he has is disgusting.

redknapp is possibly the most disloyal manager of the present era, he is also quite near the top of the list of cunts in football. i nearly cried when he was linked with the toon job.

Steve Bruce might have something to say about that.

Just to echo the Redknapp points. You dont expect anyone in football to be loyal, but the manner in which he's been disloyal, and the amount of times he has is disgusting.

Yeah, the way he took the Spurs job was dispicable. Not the fact that he left Pompey, but the way he did it. Think he was called on SSN or Setanta and they were talking to him, and he was saying how it'd been agreed, etc late on the Saturday night, long before anyone from Spurs or Portsmouth had said anything.

The trouble with talking about loyaly regarding players, and managers in the Premiership (and to a certain extent the championship) is that you're talking about men who have reached the top of their professions. I don't know of too many people, in any walk of life, who have reached the top of their respective fields by being nice and loyal. In fact "Self serving C**t" seems to be a term that applies to most of them as far as I can see.

Another thing to consider is that football is a job to these people, a career. How many people on this forum can honestly say, hand on heart, that they'd stay loyal to their current employer if another one came in for them offering a better job for more money?

My only surprise is that football fans seem to be constantly surprised and/or upset about this.

I know it's not really about loyalty , but now not only is Redknapp in the papers every day giving his opinion on everything that doesn't concern him, he's also telling us who Liverpool have been putting bids in for.

This arrogant prick thinks he's running the FA, UEFA, FIFA and probably the fucking world by the end of the day.

Suffice to say, i'm not his biggest fan.

Are often the biggest prats. Brendan Rodgers for example, a week ago was quoted as 'devoted to Watford', having been in charge 8 months. Everything looking somewhat promising for us, Reading sniffing around and he sounded as though he didn't want to leave just yet as 'he owes a lot to Watford'. w*****'s gone to Reading for a mere £750k compensation, leaving us in the lurch, preparations for the season halted and leaving our potless board looking for a new manager. The Russo brothers are apparently quite keen on Dennis Wise, or at least were keen on him before they took over from the previous t*** board. Just to say here, Brendan Rodgers is a disloyal t***, similar to Lee Cook and I can't wait to see him squirm when we play Reading at the Vic next season. Please appoint Paul Tisdale ffs.

Are fans loyal to managers?

Boothroyd got alot of stick off the Watford fans in his last season, despite being succesful.

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, the way he took the Spurs job was dispicable. Not the fact that he left Pompey, but the way he did it. Think he was called on SSN or Setanta and they were talking to him, and he was saying how it'd been agreed, etc late on the Saturday night, long before anyone from Spurs or Portsmouth had said anything.

...and leaving Portsmouth to go to Southampton, and then going back. Basically pissing off all of them, essentially the same as ditching Sunderland to come to us, then ditching us to go to Sunderland, then ditching them to go to Spurs.

He's a fucking piss kidney.