Tim Krul !!!

Guest ToonFanNorway

Guest ToonFanNorway

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72436275.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A687962673F41F9DE0591E7EC1A351FC8B

Any info  :roll:

Guest ToonFanNorway

Saw the !!! and automatically though TFN :D

HAHA just for you Dazzler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/kneeinjuries/g/lcoking.htm

There are two general types of locked knees. The locked knee can either be caused by a mechanical block to knee motion, or a locked knee can be caused by pain that is too severe to allow knee motion.

When a locked knee is caused by a mechanical block to motion, there is something that is physically being caught within the mechanism of the knee. Often the cause of a locked knee in this situation is a "bucket handle" meniscus tear. When this type of meniscus tear occurs, a large fragment of the torn meniscus can become wedged within the knee, preventing normal movement of that knee.

Meniscus tear: http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/meniscusinjuries1/a/meniscus.htm

If it is a meniscus tear, krul will probably be out for 6 weeks at least.

Guest Magnetic North

I tore a meniscus in my knee once. Was limping around for weeks, couldn't kneel on that knee, real bugger.

A friend of mine damaged his meniscus over a year ago and many hospital visits later it still isn't right.

I tore a meniscus in my knee once. Was limping around for weeks, couldn't kneel on that knee, real bugger.

A friend of mine damaged his meniscus over a year ago and many hospital visits later it still isn't right.

Aye mate NHS for you, Krul will get only the best :D

Well maybe rememberShearer and Carr both had the same hernia op and Shearer went to the best there is and was back fast, Carr was out for ages.

SSN are saying he was kept in hospital overnight.

.........and are now saying it is a serious injury originally occuring before the Palermo game! :shock:

Beginning to sound more and more like Souness using players too soon.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=427490&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=2&title=Fresh+injury+blow+for+Magpies

Newcastle have been dealt yet another blow, with Dutch keeper Tim Krul picking up what appears to be a serious knee injury.

The youngster is rated extremely highly within the corridors of St James' Park and he went some way to living up to his billing when producing a starring show in The Magpies' Uefa Cup win in Palermo.

Krul was set to be on the bench for Tuesday's trip to Watford in the Carling Cup, but picked up an injury in the warm-up and spent the night in hospital.

The 18-year-old is set to undergo a series of tests on Wednesday, but manager Glenn Roeder feels he has damaged his cartilage.

"Tim got injured before the game in Italy last week, and we weren't sure then whether he had damaged his cartilage or just had a bang on his knee," Roeder told the club's website.

"We had it scanned, and that didn't show anything conclusive and he was able to play against Palermo and had the most wonderful debut.

"We were not 100 percent certain that there wasn't some sort of cartilage damage, and sure enough it looks like that has surfaced tonight.

"He wasn't going to be involved in the game, but was doing a pre-match training session with Terry Gennoe when he dived and made a save.

"As he got up, the knee locked and he was in a lot of pain.

"He has been very well looked after by the medical staff and doctor at Watford and has been taken to hospital.

"If he needs anything done, then it will be done in Watford."

To be fair against Palermo we had little option. Harper was struggling and Krul had come through a scan ok, so as far as the club were concerned he was fine to play. Not exactly at the level of Souness yet is it?

............ and more bad news:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=427452&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=2&title=Op+to+end+Shola's+season

Shola Ameobi is poised to undergo surgery on his hip in America, with Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder expecting the striker to miss the remainder of the season.

Ameobi has been troubled by a hip complaint for well over a year and the club decided surgery was the only option after a period of rest over the summer failed to alleviate the problem.

The 25-year-old has soldiered on for a couple of months, but the pain has become so intense that he will head to America for what Roeder feels will be season-ending surgery.

"We're close to booking the operation in America," declared Roeder.

"When he has it, that's him for the season."

The Magpies have slipped to second from bottom in The Premiership and striking options are thin on the ground on Tyneside, with Michael Owen a long-term absentee and Obafemi Martins also in the treatment room.

To be fair against Palermo we had little option. Harper was struggling and Krul had come through a scan ok, so as far as the club were concerned he was fine to play. Not exactly at the level of Souness yet is it?

True I suppose.  I never like the idea of managers playing youngsters with an injury keeping their fingers crossed that it won't develop into a serious injury.  I knew a young kid at Charlton some years ago and his career was over at 19 through playing when he shouldn't have been. 

Guest smoggeordie

FS:

"With Owen, Shola and Krul to come back next season, it's like I have signed 3 new players already for next season"

;)

FS:

"With Owen, Shola and Krul to come back next season, it's like I have signed 3 new players already for next season"

;)

Get rid of Roeder, get a new manager in with fresh ideas to get more out of the players we've got now who are underperforming, let the new manager get some quality in in the transfer window, keep us up or whatever come the end of the season, then buy some more quality in the summer... and on top of that we'd get 3 quality players coming back into the side.

Only in a dream.

bluecry.gif

From the official site

Tim Has Knee Op

NEWCASTLE United goalkeeper Tim Krul faces between four and six weeks on the sidelines after undergoing an operation on his injured knee on Tuesday night.

The Dutch starlet had to be carried from the Vicarage Road field after suffering a torn cartilage as he went through a training session ahead of the Magpies' Carling Cup victory over The Hornets.

He was taken to the BUPA Hospital in Bushey where he underwent an op before returning back to Tyneside on Wednesday. Special thanks from Newcastle go to Bob McKenney, consultant orthopeadic surgeon.

Krul, who was not due to be involved against Aidy Boothroyd's team with penalty shoot-out hero Steve Harper between the posts and Pavel Srnicek on the bench,  made a magnificent senior debut the previous week in the 1-0 UEFA Cup victory away to Italian Serie A title-chasers Palermo.

Manager Glenn Roeder told nufc.co.uk: "As he proved in Palermo, Tim is a very highly promising young goalkeeper.

"He's had an operation and we think he will be out for between four and six weeks. There is absolutely no need to rush him back too soon."