Credit Card Fraud

SEMTEX

Dear Mr Burnip

Thank you for placing your order with Tesco Direct. We are pleased to confirm the details of your order.

Order Number: 15884898 placed on Friday 05 June 2009

Your order will be delivered to:

Mr Dan Burnip

Manston Flat 54  Adams Road,

London,

N17 6HU

Special delivery instructions:

please leave at front desk if out.

The item(s) below should be delivered between 7am-7pm on Monday 08 June 2009. See FAQs below for more details.

Please note your delivery will require an adult to sign upon receipt

Order Summary:

===========================================

1 x Acer 5735z T3400 3GB 250GB 15.6" Laptop

£379.00 (1 @ 379.00 each)

===========================================

Subtotal of all items:

£379.00

--------------------------------------------

Delivery charge: £5.00

Subtotal before Promotions: £384.00

Discounts & Promotions

-------------------------------

Total discounts: -£5.00

Total to pay: £379.00

Which would be just super if I had ordered it myself.

Anyway, does anyone local to the region want to goto Adams Road (TOTTENHAM), wait at the front desk for a massive TWAT and cut a mans face off? I'll give you a fiver.

At least he got Free Delivery.

Guest Heneage

Dan try not to panic mate I had something similar with Paypal and an Arab fella trying to take money to pay for overseas phone calls, had it sorted within the day.

Dan try not to panic mate I had something similar with Paypal and an Arab fella trying to take money to pay for overseas phone calls, had it sorted within the day.

Was it not a Chinese fella?

Way ahead of that shit. Called and cancelled the order (which has been caught by their fraud detection), then called and cancelled card (I've also been screwed for an order from some Drinks company in Alabama ofc), then changed all my passwords, gathered an Acer laptop box, shat in it, then sent it to Tottenham.

Guest Heneage

Neine. I believe it was Saudi Arabian Telecoms or something like that. Tried to take £250 in £20's in the space of 3 hours. Daft sod.

Neine. I believe it was Saudi Arabian Telecoms or something like that. Tried to take £250 in £20's in the space of 3 hours. Daft sod.

Indeed, you can't make £250 out of £20's

:doh: :mackems:

Guest Heneage

Probably why he failed.  :lol:

I meant and £10's It's been a long day Paul.

Some tool tried to use my card, tried to deposit £500 in to a betfair account, stupid idiot.

Someone cloned my boss's card and spent a shitload on it, he got it all back like with the added bonus that they'd done the same as what happened to you and had then won a load of money which was credited back to his card! :lol:

gathered an Acer laptop box, shat in it, then sent it to Tottenham.

If you really did that it's class.

Except a criminal gang now has your personal information and is on the way to do you.... maybe.

I haven't, but I really would like to do something.

My dad bought an Acer laptop a few months ago, I've got an Acer box, so it really is a consideration.

Do gangsters have DNA machine things?

Run a full antivirus & spyware scan on your PC for starters, to complete that order someone has either been able to access your Tesco.com account and place an order with a saved card number or they've got hold of your card security information.

Contact your bank asap to get a new card issued & change any passwords for important websites (banks & anywhere with saved card details).

I've changed passwords for everything I can think of. The only way I can think this jerkhead has bought this thing is either they've got some ins with Tesco Direct, or they've got my password through hacky means. I wouldn't imagine it'd be from my home setup though, perhaps a random PC that I've been on.

I've got a Mac. I'll have to find some form of searcher to look for Spyware-esque crud.

I've changed passwords for everything I can think of. The only way I can think this jerkhead has bought this thing is either they've got some ins with Tesco Direct, or they've got my password through hacky means. I wouldn't imagine it'd be from my home setup though, perhaps a random PC that I've been on.

I've got a Mac. I'll have to find some form of searcher to look for Spyware-esque crud.

There aren't too many pieces of malware out there on OS X, but there are some trojans. Here's a free antivirus programme for OS X if you want to be sure.

There aren't too many pieces of malware out there on OS X, but there are some trojans. Here's a free antivirus programme for OS X if you want to be sure.

Cheers. I've got 2 other apps scanning right now, I'll go for a third too!

Some tool tried to use my card, tried to deposit £500 in to a betfair account, stupid idiot.

Sticking hundreds of pounds in betting sites is a classic technique for a card fraudster. Hard to reclaim once it's there, and easy to move to another account.

Someone used my Barclaycard to book flights on a European airline once. Thankfully I noticed it when it was in the 'pending transaction' stage when I looked online, and got it sorted very quickly. I'd just come back a few weeks before from Amsterdam and Prague and the hotel in Amsterdam was a bit suspect, and I'd used the card there. Just pleased I got a refund quickly, it was £500+ so I was cacking myself at first.