Freddy Eastwood

James

Guest Geordiesned

Will prove to be a great player IMO. Both he and Nugent at Preston will be in the Premiership shortly. Villa are after Eastwood apparently.

Take it you people didn;t actually watch the game then, did nothing but score a free kick. Got promise but we need better than a striker from bottom of the championship. There's a decent striker, however playin for the team top of the championship.  :roll:

Nothing but a free kick and a cracking cross that was headed over bar, looks like he could be the real deal, dunno about Southend and their £5 mill prcie tag though.

Stll I get Mna Ure, Chelski or the Gooners take him on.

If we signed him or Nugent on the basis of extended scouting reports and careful consideration, I'd be happy.

Sorry, I just read what I wrote and it's ridiculous.  Let's sign him if we've heard Villa are after him, they must know something  bluebiggrin.gif 

If we signed him or Nugent on the basis of extended scouting reports and careful consideration, I'd be happy.

Sorry, I just read what I wrote and it's ridiculous.  Let's sign him if we've heard Villa are after him, they must know something  bluebiggrin.gif 

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Oh aye I cna see them both jumping at the chance to come here. Both Eastwood and Nugent will not even look at us.

Southend Chief Exec on SSN now

"EASTWOOD IS NOT FOR SALE!!"

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Oh aye I cna see them both jumping at the chance to come here. Both Eastwood and Nugent will not even look at us.

Southend Chief Exec on SSN now

"EASTWOOD IS NOT FOR SALE!!"

But we pay rolls royce wages man!!!!  Isn't this all a bit kneekerk-tastic anyway?  There must be some washed up spaniard or Italian we can spunk a few mill on, surely?

I somehow doubt we'll be signing him!

Eastwood: Roeder bombed me out of West Ham

Southend United star Freddy Eastwood has revealed he was bombed out of West Ham by current Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder.

Eastwood - a Romany gipsy who lives in an Essex travellers' site - quit football to work with his car dealer father after being released by West Ham as a youngster.

He played in the same Hammers youth team as Jermain Defoe, Anton Ferdinand and Glen Johnson.

But Roeder - then the Upton Park boss - didn't believe the goalscorer was up to scratch. Now Eastwood is keen to prove the Newcastle manager wrong.

He told The Sun: "Harry Redknapp signed me for West Ham and I got on quite well with him but when Glenn came in he changed the club.

"He got rid of a lot of good players and they fell out of the Premiership. I don't think I got a good enough chance when Glenn was there but I've moved on and I'm doing my stuff down here now.

"I didn't speak to Glenn at all - I never had a lot to do with him. I was only young and didn't think about playing first-team football at the time.

"I was training with Paolo Di Canio and Fredi Kanoute. Watching them play - it was a different league.

"I was young at the time and I thought they were world-class players. I learnt a lot from them and hopefully I'll back there myself one day.

"At the time they were much better players than me but I'm pretty confident now that I've come on a lot.

"I was disappointed to leave but I had three good years there. I learnt a lot at West Ham and had lot of experience. I think that's what made me the player I am today."

not being racist hear but the guys got gypsy heritage can you imagine him coming to sjp for talks in one of those horse carriage thingys and stealing all our silverware (laughs)

Might be able to lift the curse though...??

Will prove to be a great player IMO. Both he and Nugent at Preston will be in the Premiership shortly. Villa are after Eastwood apparently.

Nugent was in the Main Stand at Goodison on wednesday night.

Rumours that Leighton Baines was there as well but I'm not sure about that one. Nugent was defo there though.

Rumours that Leighton Baines was there as well but I'm not sure about that one. Nugent was defo there though.

Would be two quality signings for you  bluesigh.gif

I'd have mixed feelings on spending millions on Baines, we let him go from our academy to Wigan in the first place.

I'd have mixed feelings on spending millions on Baines, we let him go from our academy to Wigan in the first place.

Quality player is a quality player, we have been there  :lol:

Spurs are interested in him as well as Villa.  Hope he gets his chance to shine, it is a big ask to raise you game that much.  Looks too good for his current club.

Guest Pugwash

not being racist hear but the guys got gypsy heritage can you imagine him coming to sjp for talks in one of those horse carriage thingys and stealing all our silverware (laughs)

It wouldn't exactly buy a caravan for his ma would it?